Is the Steelers game this week the biggest of the season?

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't think Hodges moves the ball against us, plus we'll take away Connors.  JuJu won't be enough to buoy their offense.

Pitt's D is respectable, but I think we'll be able to move the ball against them.  Bills 24  Pitt 9

The wild card may be defensive or ST scoring, however.    Worried about that, frankly, given that the Steelers D will be playing with their hair on fire...

Obviously we want to win as there are still scenarios where we could miss the playoffs but I do wonder if we want to be the 5th or 6th seed. 

Let's assume KC keeps winning and one of them or NE is the three seed. Surely we'd rather play the winner of the AFC South, right? But what if that team is the resurgent Titans? Our biggest strength is defending the pass and one of our weaknesses is stopping the run. Henry is a monster. Pats look vulnerable. KC has a very weak defense this year. Who'd you rather?   

Edited by VW82

1 minute ago, warrior9 said:

I haven't read so I apologize is someone mentioned this.

It may turn out that the Titans win was the biggest game of this year. They are on our heels and now we have the tie break.

that was a solid and honest road win against a good team

rare as hen's teeth the last 20 seasons

30 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'll ask the same thing I've asked to all the other concerneds: How will Duck Dodgers move the ball on us?

Probably in fits and starts, the way most QBs have moved the ball on us.  He won't put up 35 points, but people acting like they are never going to cross mid-field are dreaming.

They have a defense that can keep Allen in check too, so the game will likely be decided by who can pull off a couple big plays, or who gets the big turnover, etc.

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that was a solid and honest road win against a good team

rare as hen's teeth the last 20 seasons

I mean I don't undersell wins.....but I'll always be thankful Vrabel ran their kicker out for that 53 yarder everyone BUT Vrabel knew he was missing. And it was Mariota...before (can't believe I am saying this) Tannehill made them better.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Probably in fits and starts, the way most QBs have moved the ball on us.  He won't put up 35 points, but people acting like they are never going to cross mid-field are dreaming.

They have a defense that can keep Allen in check too, so the game will likely be decided by who can pull off a couple big plays, or who gets the big turnover, etc.

I can't see that offense putting up more than 14.

And that's being generous.

Pittsburgh will do pretty much what Baltimore did yesterday on defense. The Bills offense has struggled mightily against every strong D they've faced. Even with a guy named "Duck" at QB for the opposition, this game will be extremely tough, and I'd favor Pittsburgh on their turf. The pressure will be on the Bills D to play at the very top of their game-- and to hopefully get a couple TO's.

The Bills have a terrible history vs. Pittsburgh (remember 2004??) and this game brings back nothing but bad memories and negative thoughts.

18 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Biggest game of the season so far.  But if we beat the Steelers in week 15, the biggest game of the season then becomes week 16 against the Patriots* for the AFCE lead

The only way the NE game is bigger than this Pit game is if the Bills win this week and the Pats lose. Otherwise, this Pit game not only guarantees the playoffs but the 5 seed, which means a road trip (at worst) to Hou or Ten. Other than getting a home playoff game that is the easiest path to getting a playoff win.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

we don't have the tiebreaker with the titans lol

if we both go 9-7 we are out, their SOS and conference record is better

I love when someone is wrong, and an lol is attached to the wrong statement. 

Edited by BillsFan2313
  • Haha (+1) 4

I have no idea what to think about this game.    They are a good run defense and a great pass defense.   Can Singletary do enough to get the win?  The end of the season is going exactly the way I was worried it would.   If they don't get this one, you pretty much are giving yourself one shot at getting into the playoffs because they arent beating the Patriots on the road.  

I think Allen is the better quarterback in the matchup, but he isn't playing Duck Hodges he is playing a very strong defense with two very good pass rushers.    Honestly, this game is put up or shut up time for year two of Allen.  If he is going to go into next season as a guy you have any faith in he needs to show up and show out in this game.  And for God's sake use your legs this week. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I have no idea what to think about this game.    They are a good run defense and a great pass defense.   Can Singletary do enough to get the win?  The end of the season is going exactly the way I was worried it would.   If they don't get this one, you pretty much are giving yourself one shot at getting into the playoffs because they arent beating the Patriots on the road.  

I think Allen is the better quarterback in the matchup, but he isn't playing Duck Hodges he is playing a very strong defense with two very good pass rushers.    Honestly, this game is put up or shut up time for year two of Allen.  If he is going to go into next season as a guy you have any faith in he needs to show up and show out in this game.  And for God's sake use your legs this week. 

You'll pardon me if I don't put a whole lot of stock in your predictive prowess, cleveland-runs-the-table guy.