[Vague Title] What I saw today

BuffBills51

It was a frustrating game but not as bad as many are saying. I rewatched the game to look for the positives and negatives. 

Positives:

The defense had a solid game plan. Yes there was the broken assignment on Poyers part but for the most part they held Jackson in check. The defense will keep us in almost any game but the offense has to do their part. They played good disciplined gap control defense which is what you need against the Ravens. 

Singletary is the real deal. There were a few series when they went with Gore and he just doesn’t have the burst. We need to lean heavily on Singletary if we are going to make a run. 

House $$ is back. Great bounce back game from him. Hopefully this gives him the confidence he needs heading into the final weeks. 

Negatives

Drops- way to many drops to win against a good team. Need to make those catches down the stretch if we are going to make a run. 

Cody Ford is showing what many experts are saying. He is a guard in the NFL not a tackle. On a 3rd and 1 the Ravens ran a simple crossing stunt and he failed to pick up the guy resulting in a short loss. 

Josh Allen- He can’t hit the deep throws this year. Not sure if it is a confidence issue but cost us a couple good gains where the receivers got open. He also need to find more touch on short and intermediate throws. On a positive note he led us on two good drives to end the game. 

If this team can find any sort of offense we could be dangerous heading into the playoffs. They just competed with what many consider the best team in football and could have beat them with a better offensive game plan. On to Pittsburgh. 

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Agree with your positives. 

The drops are a major problem. Knox drops were terrible (again).

Josh's deep shots are too much of line drives. I've said it before on these boards. He needs to add 3-5 degrees more on his trajectory. To me it's so obvious. 

Knox drops were pretty obvious......3 of them I think, but others had drops as well.  Bills are not good enough on O to survive those mistakes.  I don't see a TE on the Bills roster really.....not Knox, not Croft, not Smith.....lets play the kid from BC.....and find out about him.  Maybe Croom next year......I actually thought he would be activated this year but apparently not.

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Josh's deep shots are too much of line drives. I've said it before on these boards. He needs to add 3-5 degrees more on his trajectory. To me it's so obvious. 

Why 3-5?  Why not 4-6?

• Haha (+1) 2

I have to imagine opposing teams aren't too worried about facing our offense when they know our #2 WR is McKenzie, no offense to him, but he should be the #4 or #5, guy who comes in for a few change of pace plays.  They need one more top level offensive lineman, likely for RT  Knox also has made some pretty amazing plays too, way to soon to give up on him.  He's caught more passes this year than he did in college, he's a project that will take some time.  But understand patience isn't something people here have.  Need instant success or he's a bust. 

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Foutes repeatedly talked about with that cross wind the QBs could not put any loft on the ball.  The pass that ended up short to foster across the middle - Allen put some loft (probably 3-5 degrees) and the wind knocked it straight down 7 yards short.

The wind in that stadium has gotten into his head, but we should not be throwing those passes in gusty situations- it decreases the probability even more.

How do neither the OC or QB not see to slide some one over the middle on an easy slant (or similar) as the option for an apparent full blitz up the middle ? They may pull out but at least there's an option - Pitts will blitz JA like crazy - he held the ball too long and apparently doesn't have blitz outlets. Needless to say the drops and the ,missed long balls hurt. 

D did great great today - Poyer obviously may have been beat but we don't really know the coverage responsibilities and while a huge play it was just one. I would have sent Roberts - so he's 5 yards short of a knee down - the O lost the game for the Bills not ST or the D

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Cody Ford isn’t a RT i hope we can put that to rest 

Hard to understand how this regime traded up to take someone who continues to show he can't play the position they drafted him for.

Then again, the entire OL was not good today, so that likely means less negative attention on Ford. 

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Hard to understand how this regime traded up to take someone who continues to show he can't play the position they drafted him for.

Then again, the entire OL was not good today, so that likely means less negative attention on Ford. 

He’s shown to be a better guard than a RT so he’ll move to a guard spot most likely in 2020

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

ive been harping on the same thing regarding Allen.  He rarely give his WRs a chance to run under the deep pass.  They are too flat.  Therefore his line drive frozen ropes have to be perfect and that’s a very low %.   He needs to watch a lot of Russell Wilson and Drew Brees film. I don’t get why our QB coach is not showing him the benefits of passing trajectory 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

ive been harping on the same thing regarding Allen.  He rarely give his WRs a chance to run under the deep pass.  They are too flat.  Therefore his line drive frozen ropes have to be perfect and that’s a very low %.   He needs to watch a lot of Russell Wilson and Drew Brees film. I don’t get why our QB coach is not showing him the benefits of passing trajectory 

They had to be flat today due to the wind

• Thank you (+1) 1