Bills could have clinched a playoff spot today with a win

The Bills could have clinched a playoff spot today with a win and Houston, Oakland, and Indianapolis losses. At the start of today, I said there is no chance all three of those teams lose. Well, the impossible happened, and they did. Except Buffalo failed to keep its end of the bargain. What's worse, New England is losing to the Chiefs currently. We had our shot at the division, and we blew it. I don't think Baltimore is that good.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, class_of_2012 said:

The Bills could have clinched a playoff spot today with a win and Houston, Oakland, and Indianapolis losses. At the start of today, I said there is no chance all three of those teams lose. Well, the impossible happened, and they did. Except Buffalo failed to keep its end of the bargain. What's worse, New England is losing to the Chiefs currently. We had our shot at the division, and we blew it. I don't think Baltimore is that good.

I totally get what you are saying.  I disagree with the sentiment that Baltimore isnt that good.  Years of the Bills sucking might be causing you to frame your argument in a way that diminishes the Ravens.  The Ravens are very good, the Bills showed they can play with the best team in the league.  Still have miles to go on offense but I think today shows that the Bills aren't the same old Bills.   

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Baltimore is really good. But that's still a bummer we were close there and in the Pats game.

Exactly. I get the sentiment of "we competed" but these games could have been had. We contained both Brady and Jackson, but couldn't get it done offensively. Not like we didn't have opportunities. They are trending upwards and all that good stuff, but moral victories are not my thing.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Whitey13 said:

Baltimore is the hottest team in the league, we didnt blow anything and the fact we even had a shot at the division would have still needed us to beat the Pats at Foxborough.

Agreed. But the Pats don't scare me anymore.

6 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

I totally get what you are saying.  I disagree with the sentiment that Baltimore isnt that good.  Years of the Bills sucking might be causing you to frame your argument in a way that diminishes the Ravens.  The Ravens are very good, the Bills showed they can play with the best team in the league.  Still have miles to go on offense but I think today shows that the Bills aren't the same old Bills.   

I am excited about next year!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

Agreed. But the Pats don't scare me anymore.

I am excited about next year!

Yeah. The Patriots are pulling out trick plays and relying on special teams to try to claw out wins. Our reign begins next year fully.

3 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

True, but the Bills clinch with ONE win in their last three. Even if we don’t beat the Steelers, which we will, we beat the Jets at home we’re in.  

Incorrect. Bills only clinch with win over Steelers. Single win over NE or NYJ does not clinch.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah. The Patriots are pulling out trick plays and relying on special teams to try to claw out wins. Our reign begins next year fully.

Incorrect. Bills only clinch with win over Steelers. Single win over NE or NYJ does not clinch.

They only need to win one of the next 3

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

Baltimore is not that good, !?! Looool, get out !

we can still win it, hot takes.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They only need to win one of the next 3

How is this the case? IF Pitt and Tennessee were to win out, they'd both be 11-5. 

Maybe Tennessee plays Houston or some other scheduling scenario, but I question this. 

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

We still have a shot at the division.