Can ANYBODY other than Allen and Singletary make a big play?

BigBobby

I came into this year thinking (hoping) we were really going to utilize our TEs. But I have seen nothing from them. I'm not an Xs and Os guy so I don't know whether they aren't getting open, but it's so dissapointing seeing Knox getting only 3 targets (I'm sure part of it is his dropsies he's been having). 

Kroft was decent for Cinci (when healthy) and yet with us, he's nothing. Can someone who pays more attention to the play calls inform me whether it's play design or if they just aren't getting the looks by Allen? I guess Sweeney must not be that good? I was really hoping we would just play the two rooks in two TE sets and let them build something with Josh :(

1 hour ago, KellyToTasker said:

Special teams has been struggling all year, in every facet at some point. Roberts should’ve kept it in the end zone mainly because the protection is allowing free lanes to tackle him as he’s trying to get up the field. But he consistently tried to break the big one, only to not get very much. 

The OP brings up a good point, not only are we lacking play makers, but we’re lacking consistency and reliability from key positions.  

Knox has boom or bust potential on every play.....He drops the easy pass and later makes the incredible one handed reception ??‍♂️ Beasley has to catch the dropped 3rd down pass. 

The inability to be reliable is what’s beyond frustrating to me. Just make the fundamental plays and the big ones will come, eventually. 

What drives me nuts is that the gunners  NEVER jam the coverage guys and always give them a free release to the inside on punts. It is by design and I can’t figure it out for the life of me. 
    Are they trying to create sideline openings???

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F¥}£????

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

JA  Cost us this game plain and simple he did not make any plays either.  I could tell it in his eyes in the very beginning this game was too big for him  He is really starting to trouble me.  We could have ourselves a real choker on our hands.

I guess hitting Beasely and Knox with perfect passes on third down to have them be dropped was on Josh. Two drives ended right there or did I miss something.

We need receivers to go up and get the ball, with their hands. 

33 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Way more drops. He's made 2 really nice catches and has at least 8-10 drops. Today he was pathetic. Crucial situations and the ball bounces off his chest TWICE!!

He drops the easy stuff and then makes a one armed circus grab. Efffing infuriating?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

JA  Cost us this game plain and simple he did not make any plays either.  I could tell it in his eyes in the very beginning this game was too big for him  He is really starting to trouble me.  We could have ourselves a real choker on our hands.

Sooooo, what  color were Josh’s eyes? 

2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

That was pretty funny but seriously we might have won if he had started. 

Lmao you are quite something. He would've been slaughtered behind that Line. Allen played like ***** for sure. The Oline was worse tho.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I keep saying to get Yeldon active and going. He can make big plays on checkdowns out of the backfield. McKenzie has made a lot of big plays abd Beasley makes big plays almost every week. Brown has had a great season but he needs Allen to hit him in stride to really change the game. He’s always forced to come back to the ball. Singletary needs to be the main focus of the offense, he’s that good. Singletary should be our Mccaffrey. Someone just needs to take Frank Gore away from Dabol so he will stop playing with it.

Good point... we need McCaffrey!!!

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

Hard point to argue after a game where Allen routinely threw uncatchable balls. This was one of his worst games of the season from that standpoint. 

Daboll refusing to keep running the ball down their throats when their throats were wide open is beyond me. Allen threw WAY TO MANY TIMES in this game. Running between the tackles was working. It was almost like Daboll wanted to get too cute and out thunk himself. So what if they know it a run. They couldnt stop it! TOO MANY PASSES ON 1ST DOWNS!!!

I am not nearly as hard on Daboll as many around here are...

But we should be using a much more Allen/Run centered offense than we do.  

The only dangerous thing Allen does is run; he's great at it.

We should be using him as a runner constantly.

There have been big plays by guys this year - just not consistently.  Beasley has made plays. Knox has made plays.  Brown has made plays.  Tre has made plays - two very difficult interceptions come to mind.  Lawson has made a few - mostly hustle plays and not pure athleticism plays

The OP's point is well taken though.  To win in this league you have to do much more than just execute a routine play.   Guys make insane plays every game all over this league.  Bills don't have the superior athletes on the field to do it.  Singletary has average speed.  No receiver has elite size or elite hands.  Only Knox breaks tackles and that only happens IF he manages to catch the ball.  

JA needs to figure out the deep ball.  Guys are getting open deep.  It's more than just annoying at this point.  It's really become a critical problem.  Teams are willing to blitz him relentlessly because they know even if blocked he can't make them pay.  

3 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Our OL was the issue, JA had no time all game. Not his fault if he has no time.  It always seems like the QB but the line needs to help more!