Can ANYBODY other than Allen and Singletary make a big play?

BigBobby

All around the NFL, every week, every team, players make a big play. I feel like if it isn't Allen or Singletary, NOBODY helps out. I mean if the ball isn't right between the numbers, it's a drop - and often, we drop those too. It's OK to catch a bad pass once and a while (players do it all the time). Or make ONE guy miss and break a big TD. We have zero game breakers. Maybe run hard through a deep ball? Someone? Anyone? Next draft needs to be only weapons.

2 more complaints -

1.  can we please tell Robert's that he actually sucks now? He isn't breaking anything. If the ball goes into the end zone, he needs to kneel it down.

2.  why the f%&* is Gore ever on the field at this point? Every single time he's out there, it's a throw away play. The defense (and everyone on the planet) knows exactly what we are doing and it never works.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

No. They are not making plays. It’s the perfect storm of failure. Gore should retire tomorrow and Roberts should be cut. 

/end thread 

Special teams has been struggling all year, in every facet at some point. Roberts should’ve kept it in the end zone mainly because the protection is allowing free lanes to tackle him as he’s trying to get up the field. But he consistently tried to break the big one, only to not get very much. 

The OP brings up a good point, not only are we lacking play makers, but we’re lacking consistency and reliability from key positions.  

Knox has boom or bust potential on every play.....He drops the easy pass and later makes the incredible one handed reception ??‍♂️ Beasley has to catch the dropped 3rd down pass. 

The inability to be reliable is what’s beyond frustrating to me. Just make the fundamental plays and the big ones will come, eventually. 

Just now, KellyToTasker said:

Special teams has been struggling all year, in every facet at some point. Roberts should’ve kept it in the end zone mainly because the protection is allowing free lanes to tackle him as he’s trying to get up the field. But he consistently tried to break the big one, only to not get very much. 

The OP brings up a good point, not only are we lacking play makers, but we’re lacking consistency and reliability from key positions.  

Knox has boom or bust potential on every play.....He drops the easy pass and later makes the incredible one handed reception ??‍♂️ Beasley has to catch the dropped 3rd down pass. 

The inability to be reliable is what’s beyond frustrating to me. Just make the fundamental plays and the big ones will come, eventually. 

I would like to think they told Roberts to run everything out. I can’t see mcdermott allowing him to constantly give us bad field position all game and not flipping out if he’s doing it on his own. 

31 minutes ago, BigBobby said:

All around the NFL, every week, every team, players make a big play. I feel like if it isn't Allen or Singletary, NOBODY helps out. I mean if the ball isn't right between the numbers, it's a drop - and often, we drop those too. It's OK to catch a bad pass once and a while (players do it all the time).

Hard point to argue after a game where Allen routinely threw uncatchable balls. This was one of his worst games of the season from that standpoint. 

Daboll refusing to keep running the ball down their throats when their throats were wide open is beyond me. Allen threw WAY TO MANY TIMES in this game. Running between the tackles was working. It was almost like Daboll wanted to get too cute and out thunk himself. So what if they know it a run. They couldnt stop it! TOO MANY PASSES ON 1ST DOWNS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

We have plenty of guys on offense who CAN make big plays. 

Beasley has made a bunch this year, I'd consider his TD & 2pt coversion today big plays.

Knox has made several, including the 1-handed catch today, but probably has as many huge drops as big plays. Hopefully that's just rookie stuff.

Brown has cooled off the the past few games, but obviously has many big plays for us.

Even McKenzie has had a couple.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 947 said:

Beasley has made a bunch this year, I'd consider his TD & 2pt coversion today big plays.

Knox has made several, including the 1-handed catch today, but probably has as many huge drops as big plays. Hopefully that's just rookie stuff.

Brown has cooled off the the past few games, but obviously has many big plays for us.

Sure guys catch balls. That's obvious. But I'm talking about the plays that aren't right there. The great catch that doesn't hit the receiver in the numbers, the broken tackle for a huge play, etc. Sometimes somebody other than the qb and young RB need to break a big one wide open. We are only scoring on slow, methodical drives that require either Allen to be perfect or Devin to break some nice runs.

McKenzie hasn't done sh$# other than a couple reverses. He's basically useless. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

JA  Cost us this game plain and simple he did not make any plays either.  I could tell it in his eyes in the very beginning this game was too big for him  He is really starting to trouble me.  We could have ourselves a real choker on our hands.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

JA  Cost us this game plain and simple he did not make any plays either.  I could tell it in his eyes in the very beginning this game was too big for him  He is really starting to trouble me.  We could have ourselves a real choker on our hands.

You meant to post this on your "Barkley1QB" account. 

• Haha (+1) 4

I keep saying to get Yeldon active and going. He can make big plays on checkdowns out of the backfield. McKenzie has made a lot of big plays abd Beasley makes big plays almost every week. Brown has had a great season but he needs Allen to hit him in stride to really change the game. He’s always forced to come back to the ball. Singletary needs to be the main focus of the offense, he’s that good. Singletary should be our Mccaffrey. Someone just needs to take Frank Gore away from Dabol so he will stop playing with it.

• Like (+1) 3

Duke can, but.... won’t activate him, let’s see, the last two games they played him in he caught all but one pass thrown to him.... yeah he should be a healthy scratch from that point forward, it makes sense.. frustrating that they don’t like a wr that can make contested catches, and block...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, 947 said:

Way more drops. He's made 2 really nice catches and has at least 8-10 drops. Today he was pathetic. Crucial situations and the ball bounces off his chest TWICE!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Typical Buffalo attitude.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 947 said:

They need more talent at WR, all along the OL, and next year at draft time I hope fans remember this game when the decision is there to select offense or defense.

A team predicated on playing strong defense without a top notch offense will struggle against more well-rounded teams like Baltimore.