Please Mr. Postman deliver another RB to the Bills

Stallions

26 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We have a good RB on the inactive list every week. This team is obsessed with Frank Gore. The guy has been done for 5 years and his legs are jello out there. But keeping Yeldon inactive on gameday makes sense. Especially when he would probably be the 3rd best reciever on the team.

He's also the #1 fumbler! What a game changer he could be ?

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

He’s not a perfect player but he’s an excellent Receiver out of the backfield and Frank Gore is completely finished. Ray Charles could see it.  I’d take my chances with Singletary and Yeldon down the stretch. If you feel it completely necessary to dress Gore then just use him as the 3.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He’s not a perfect player but he’s an excellent Receiver out of the backfield and Frank Gore is completely finished. Ray Charles could see it.  I’d take my chances with Singletary and Yeldon down the stretch. If you feel it completely necessary to dress Gore then just use him as the 3.

You apparently missed the thread I started and got trashed for at the trade deadline where I argued the Bills biggest need was RB. Gore was still doing well, but anyone with a brain could see the inevitable coming. I didn't like keeping Gore over Shady, but Shady looks cooked too. Yeldon stinks because he can't run, and he fumbles too often. Buffalo should look at the Practice squads or waiver wire, since we choked at the trade deadline. Guys like Jonathan Williams and TD Mike Gilaslee are out there. The problem is I don't think they realize they need another RB.

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

You apparently missed the thread I started and got trashed for at the trade deadline where I argued the Bills biggest need was RB. Gore was still doing well, but anyone with a brain could see the inevitable coming. I didn't like keeping Gore over Shady, but Shady looks cooked too. Yeldon stinks because he can't run, and he fumbles too often. Buffalo should look at the Practice squads or waiver wire, since we choked at the trade deadline. Guys like Jonathan Williams and TD Mike Gilaslee are out there. The problem is I don't think they realize they need another RB.

I have been on the Gore is pointless train since day 1 and never got off. I do like Yeldon though. That’s who I want to see. Singletary is by far the best player on this offense and could probably be a superstar if Dabol realized his potential. Yeldon is a perfect complement and is much better then Bills fans seem to realize. Gore is the perfect guy to be inactive. He can help teach Singletary from the sidelines on game days but not be the momentum killing, driver stopper during the actual games that count.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have been on the Gore is pointless train since day 1 and never got off. I do like Yeldon though. That’s who I want to see. Singletary is by far the best player on this offense and could probably be a superstar if Dabol realized his potential. Yeldon is a perfect complement and is much better then Bills fans seem to realize. Gore is the perfect guy to be inactive. He can help teach Singletary from the sidelines on game days but not be the momentum killing, driver stopper during the actual games that count.

I'm fine with Gore being inactive. But I disagree with you on Yeldon. Go get a Mike Murphy etc to take some carries.

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Beane will draft another back in the mid rounds. He will probably find another vet as well. Running backs can be had all over the place in the draft. 

The problem is we need it NOW

It is a very bad thing when every time you see Gore on the field right now you know it going for like 3 yards......

He is spent...you can see it.....Im not a big Yelden fan but this is the hand we are delt.....Perry's protection can be replaced.

17 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Right? I'm ok with seeing more Yeldon for the sake of change of a pace and because we have nobody else, but I wouldn't call him good. Yeldon might make a lot of people regret their wishes when he fumbles in a playoff game. Our RB depth has been and will be an issue all year. I wish Murphy was still around.

Just treat Singletary like the primary back and give him even more touches. He only had 23 today, that's not an insane workload.

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Yeldon and Singletary activated and Gore on the bench. Yeldon at least offers another passing option

this is what I was thinking. Gore is great in the locker room and was great to start the season as we broke in Devin, but right now, he is shot and we need some weapons.

5 minutes ago, Stallions said:

Wait until next year?  How many teams say that each year?

Quick math? I’d say 31 teams say that. Only one team does not. 

Just keep getting better. Series by series, quarter by quarter, game by game, season by season. 

I’m not freaking out because we lost a one score game to the hottest team in the NFL that has recently beaten the Pats and 49ers. Feel free to mope or panic if you feel the need. I’ll pass, and look forward to next week. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Quick math? I’d say 31 teams say that. Only one team does not. 

Just keep getting better. Series by series, quarter by quarter, game by game, season by season. 

I’m not freaking out because we lost a one score game to the hottest team in the NFL that has recently beaten the Pats and 49ers. Feel free to mope or panic if you feel the need. I’ll pass, and look forward to next week. 

Getting better season by season is difficult.  Major injuries (the Bills were fortunate this year), players lost to free agency, other teams improving and a tough schedule up-front are all factors.  Win now!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stallions said:

Getting better season by season is difficult.  Major injuries (the Bills were fortunate this year), players lost to free agency, other teams improving and a tough schedule up-front are all factors.  Win now!

We have about $90 mil in cap space and good scouts. Nothing is easy, but I like our odds. 

We have 9 new starters on offense this year. NINE! They are not all Pro Bowlers, but it’s the best we could do in one offseason. They will address it again after our playoff run this year. ?  You can be impatient if you want. Feel free to let it drive you crazy, if that’s your thing. I’ll hope for the best and pray we will kill it in the offseason. Not much can be changed at this point.  

One close loss to the best team currently playing in the NFL and people freak out! Lordy! 

• Like (+1) 2

I am among those who think that Yeldon ought to be active.  Gore is a legend and I wish nothing but the best for him but he is very one dimensional as a running back.  I do think another running back will be drafted next year.  There are a bunch of good ones in the draft.

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I would prefer all 3 active. The mismatch I think they’re missing with Yeldon is teams aren’t going to look for the run. He’s gonna get a few yards

I like this idea.

Will it really hurt us if either DiMarco or Perry are inactive for a couple of games?