Why wasn't Duke Williams active?

HailMary

4 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Terrific mindset. Keep working at it. If not called upon, it won't be due to lack of effort. He seems to be taking it better than some here at TBD.

Edited by Dopey

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet he's out produced Foster, Roberts, and Smith in just 3 appearances.  So theres that.

Trivia time:  Who amongst these names ran a perfect route and caught a game winning TD and help us get to 10 wins?

A.  Foster

B.  Smith

C.  Duke

D.  Roberts

Trivia time #2:  Who has more catches?

A.  Foster

B.  Duke

C.  Roberts

D.  Smith

Duke, in just 3 active games has the same amount of catches on the season as Foster and Roberts have COMBINED.  He also has a game winning TD.  

Sorry, all your comments and your conquest against Duke have no merit.  You can literally yell 7 attempts in 118 snaps, yet that is still out performing Foster and Roberts COMBINED on the season.  Not to mention a game winning TD to help us actually WIN a game.  Something Foster, Smith, and Roberts have yet to do.  Smith has actually worked hard to lose us games with his penalties.  

PS:  Duke is a better blocker than Foster and Roberts too.  This conquest against him in favor of 2 players NOT producing is utterly comical.  

I would bet big money the reason Duke isnt active is because Daboll is stubborn.  He prefers to force his system, which favors small gadget players, than alter it to utilize personnel and size.  Its also why we aren't seeing more 2 TE sets with Knox and Kroft.  

Clearly the Bills coaches are holding him out because he's so good. They are punishing the fans.

I find myself hoping for a WR injury outside of Brown or Beasley. Just so they are forced to play Duke. McKenzie or Foster, where is the shower mat?

Just now, Sundancer said:

Clearly the Bills coaches are holding him out because he's so good. They are punishing the fans.

Love when fans act like the coaches know all and can never possibly make a mistake.... Tolbert. 

42 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

So in other words you got nothing, when presented with player production numbers. Just sayin...?

10-4 baby!

Go Bills!!!

Someone explain to me why they don't want Duke active over one of these 3.  I dont want to hear anything about the coaches.  I want to know why you as individual would rather mock Duke and keep all 3 of these guys active over him.  

Duke:  (In ONLY 3 games active)  6 rec on 7 targets and a TD.

Season totals for the following players:

Foster:  3 rec, 0 TD

Roberts: 3 rec, 0 TD 

Smith:  4 rec, 0 TD

More facts:  Duke is bigger, more physical, has better hands, and is a better blocker.  People say he cant get open, yet he has more catches and a game winning TD in substantially less opportunities than the guys above.  So that cant be the answer.  

So just looking at the above, how is there not 100% support to make Duke active over any one of those 3 players above?  Not like anyone is claiming that Duke will lead the team in receiving.  But those of us who would like to see Duke active are saying we are getting nothing out of those 3 guys while we did get something out of Duke in much fewer opportunities.  Why not activate him and see if we can get more again out of him than we are getting out of those guys doing nothing.

Our top 3 WR's average 5'10" and barely over 180 pounds.  How can anyone not want to sit one of our NON productive guys for a guy who is hungry, the team rallies behind (see team reaction on TD), who is actually a big target for Josh, and will be able to help our run game more with his ability to block?  Makes no sense what so ever IMO.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buggyfresh said:

Roberts is perfect for the kick return and the here and there 10+ yard catches. Foster has done nothing (since Allen is struggling with the long ball) get rid of him and bring in Duke. McKenzie is quick and useful with the trick plays and quick pitches and occasional pass catch.

Foster is a gunner on ST. That, all by itself, is more important than anything Duke can bring to the table. 

3 minutes ago, MDH said:

Foster is a gunner on ST. That, all by itself, is more important than anything Duke can bring to the table. 

More important than the game winning TD catch?  Find that hard to believe, especially since I dont see Foster doing much on ST that isnt replaceable by someone else.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet he's out produced Foster, Roberts, and Smith in just 3 appearances.  So theres that.

Trivia time:  Who amongst these names ran a perfect route and caught a game winning TD and help us get to 10 wins?

A.  Foster

B.  Smith

C.  Duke

D.  Roberts

Trivia time #2:  Who has more catches?

A.  Foster

B.  Duke

C.  Roberts

D.  Smith

Duke, in just 3 active games has the same amount of catches on the season as Foster and Roberts have COMBINED.  He also has a game winning TD.  

Sorry, all your comments and your conquest against Duke have no merit.  You can literally yell 7 attempts in 118 snaps, yet that is still out performing Foster and Roberts COMBINED on the season.  Not to mention a game winning TD to help us actually WIN a game.  Something Foster, Smith, and Roberts have yet to do.  Smith has actually worked hard to lose us games with his penalties.  

PS:  Duke is a better blocker than Foster and Roberts too.  This TSW conquest against him in favor of 2 WRs NOT producing is utterly comical to me.

I would bet big money the reason Duke isnt active is because Daboll is stubborn.  He prefers to force his system, which favors small gadget players, rather than alter it to utilize personnel and size.  Its also why we aren't seeing more 2 TE sets with Knox and Kroft.  

I can yell about the 7 attempts, you're right. I can also state that in 2 years in the CFL, he was targeted 235 times and 101 of those attempts fell incomplete. He had the worst % of catches per attempt on his team in his time up there. Can't blame the qb on all of those if Duke can go get contested balls or catches anything in his area. Couldn't find stats on drops for the CFL. I'm assuming of those 101 incompletions, some were drops, some were contested and some were in his huge catch radius. They just don't show up on highlight videos posted here. In previous threads, highlight videos of Duke have been posted. I wanna see the video of all those incomplete passes. 101 incomplete vs CFL DB's, with a running start before the snap. In addition to that, coach McD and Dabol see him a lot more than us. He got his chance and his best effort resulted in 4 catches for 29 yds. I know, I know, that TD. Yes, keeping our special teams together is more important than calling him up. The coaching staff that has us in the playoffs 2 out of 3 years agrees and that is good enough for me. 

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

it most certainly is not

Hmm, John from Riverside or coach McDermott, who has more information and experience to make the correct decision?

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

More important than the game winning TD catch?  Find that hard to believe, especially since I dont see Foster doing much on ST that isnt replaceable by someone else.

Add to his being a gunner on ST and his speed on the outside bring a safety over and opening up things in the middle for Beasley or a TE in addition to the what, 3 deep ball PI calls he’s drawn this year.

Yeah, Foster, easily, brings more value to the Bills.

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 1

The real question is, if they were never going to use him, why did they promote him? Send him back to the practice squad. Or they should have left him there. I think the main point people are making is, why? Why did they bring him up, activate him, have him not harm the team, and then never play him again. He has one of TWO touchdowns caught by a receiver whose last name does not start with B this season.  

Edited by PetermansRedemption

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Someone explain to me why they don't want Duke active over one of these 3.  I dont want to hear anything about the coaches.  I want to know why you as individual would rather mock Duke and keep all 3 of these guys active over him.  

Duke:  (In ONLY 3 games active)  6 rec on 7 targets and a TD.

Season totals for the following players:

Foster:  3 rec, 0 TD

Roberts: 3 rec, 0 TD 

Smith:  4 rec, 0 TD

More facts:  Duke is bigger, more physical, has better hands, and is a better blocker.  People say he cant get open, yet he has more catches and a game winning TD in substantially less opportunities than the guys above.  So that cant be the answer.  

So just looking at the above, how is there not 100% support to make Duke active over any one of those 3 players above?  Not like anyone is claiming that Duke will lead the team in receiving.  But those of us who would like to see Duke active are saying we are getting nothing out of those 3 guys while we did get something out of Duke in much fewer opportunities.  Why not activate him and see if we can get more again out of him than we are getting out of those guys doing nothing.

Our top 3 WR's average 5'10" and barely over 180 pounds.  How can anyone not want to sit one of our NON productive guys for a guy who is hungry, the team rallies behind (see team reaction on TD), who is actually a big target for Josh, and will be able to help our run game more with his ability to block?  Makes no sense what so ever IMO.  

Roberts is an awesome returner , and can catch. He also gets few looks from Allen.

Foster has great speed and might well develop if Allen could get the ball in his hands.

Mac was used a ton early in the season for sweeps and such things.

I am a huge Duke fan

and i do not know why Daboll does the things he does.

But we are 10-4. so i try not to get overly critical of week to week matchups and who is dressed etc.

I would have played heavy packages and possession Offense l against Ravens, so what do i know  LOL

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

The real question is, if they were never going to use him, why did they promote him? Send him back to the practice squad. Or they should have left him there. I think the main point people are making is, why? Why did they bring him up, activate him, have him not harm the team, and then never play him again. 

strikes an odd sounding chord doesn't it ?
 you have a very good point.

1 hour ago, MDH said:

Add to his being a gunner on ST and his speed on the outside bring a safety over and opening up things in the middle for Beasley or a TE in addition to the what, 3 deep ball PI calls he’s drawn this year.

Yeah, Foster, easily, brings more value to the Bills.

We don’t need three WRs to bring the safety over.  Brown and McKenzie are fast too.

Foster brings more value?  3 catches on the season is value?  How many receptions do our TE’s have because of Foster?  Come on, they are barely registering in the stat sheet themselves, and the production they do have wasn’t the result of Foster being on the field. 

This was just a puzzling answer to me.  I was a big supporter of Foster, but let’s face it, he has been less valuable than Lee Smith this season so far who has one more catch than him and at least comes in on blocking assignments on down and short plays.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dopey said:

Clarity?! He's been inactive and not showing up on the injury reports. It can't get much clearer.  90% on 7 attempts, in 118 snaps. He was thrown to 7 times in 118 snaps! Maybe he's not able to get open enough to tale a roster spot.

There's been no clarity whatsoever FROM THE COACHES on why they haven't used him, Only guesses from Bills beat reporters. It might be nice to explain why a player who performed when you used him was dropped (seemingly permanently) and his replacements have sputtered or been a non factor.