Why wasn't Duke Williams active?

HailMary

19 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Just as silly as your comment that Duke Williams is the only receiver who can catch contested passes. Apparently you have little to no confidence in players like John Brown & Cole Beasley, who may not be perfect, but have been very good players for us.

Nuthin but luv, you say?

That's what you call luv?

As a “big bodied receiver, yes he is the only one, that fits the description, re focus man, , as to nuthin but luv, I was directing that toward you, follow along... you are nothing if not persistent my friend,  i’m off to dinner, be back mañana, 

Go Bills!!!

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

This is my thinking too. While Duke may not be a deep threat, I do think he can make some of those contested catches on the sideline 10 yards downfield, and also in the red zone 

Yep.

51 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Honestly.  The guy had super limited snaps and his last play was a huge one when he got hurt.  Not sure about the separation thing.  

Think he banged someone's wife. 

Well he must not have done it correctly then

• Haha (+1) 1

I know this is the CFL and rules are different as well as talent level, but most of these passes are deep passes. I refuse to believe he can't be a deep threat. Also watch the catch at 2:12, that is exactly what he can do compared to our other smaller recievers 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

How many games has he played in the NFL? That is a reach to call him dependable and shown success in the NFL. He has barely played. At this point he is barely NFL talent yet on these board he is a dependable, proven, #1 WR that can help win games for you. Huh?

What is with your exaggerations?  No one called him a #1 receiver.  Most people are simply saying he provides the offense something they lack.  A big target that can and has made contested catch.  Its called having some versatility instead of having just a bunch of small speed guys.

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Yes people have said he is a #1 in essence by saying he is the guy you throw the ball to on the last play of the game. 

He has played in 3 games. Not sure what the definition of dependable is? I would think it at least is someone you suit up every week. And in the games he had one decent game and in the other tow despite receiving over 50% of the snaps in each caught 1 ball. Calling him dependable makes it sound like he came out and had at least average games, not 1 catch. Those are substantiated facts. 

Say hi to Duke for me...

Foster has 10 games.  In 7 games he has zero catches.  In 3 games he has 1 catch each.  McKenzie and Foster are essentially the same player.  

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Honestly.  The guy had super limited snaps and his last play was a huge one when he got hurt.  Not sure about the separation thing.  

Think he banged someone's wife. 

He may very well have tasted the fruit of another ?,  the thing I like about him is he only appears to need about a body width to make a catch when he is tightly covered. On his TD catch he has his defender beat in four step off the line of scrimmage, and makes an easy catch on a well thrown ball. Baldy does a film breakdown on that play, he makes it plain how he beats his coverage for the score, check it out.

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

What is with your exaggerations?  No one called him a #1 receiver.  Most people are simply saying he provides the offense something they lack.  A big target that can and has made contested catch.  Its called having some versatility instead of having just a bunch of small speed guys.

Foster has 10 games.  In 7 games he has zero catches.  In 3 games he has 1 catch each.  McKenzie and Foster are essentially the same player.  

Come on. Many on this thread are saying if Duke is in the game we win and he catches the ball thrown to Brown etc. One guy said he just throws his arms in the air and its a TD. Catches everything his way. How he will to NE and stick it to us. None of that is reality. He had a decent game and otherwise has not been good enough. Yes, this team could use a big WR. Does not mean it has to be Duke as there are plenty that are simply better than him. 

Edited by ngbills

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I know this is the CFL and rules are different as well as talent level, but most of these passes are deep passes. I refuse to believe he can't be a deep threat. Also watch the catch at 2:12, that is exactly what he can do compared to our other smaller recievers 

OMG!!!This has been done before. We've seen the videos already. Did you see the video of the catch over Tre White in practice?

Edited by Dopey

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

OMG!!!This has been done before. We've seen the videos already. Did you see the video of the catch over Tre White in practice?

OK.... And... You're saying his experience isn't relevant, or that his previous play doesn't apply in the NFL? I'm not following 

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

OK.... And... You're saying his experience isn't relevant, or that his previous play doesn't apply in the NFL? I'm not following 

Ya see, if he’s not the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, he should be kicked to the curb, don’t ya understand that the things that he has already done in the CFL and the NFL are not repeatable at any time in his future? Those things basically never happened... (sarcasm included)  i’m Starting to think we got a bunch of pissed off Zay Jones fans here, ?

Go Bills!!!

31 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Not following?!? It's pretty evident what I'm saying. Videos of Duke have been posted here already. Pretty sure coach has seen them too.

In my defense, I did put up a post asking, no begging coach to activate him. We'll see if he listens. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Not following?!? It's pretty evident what I'm saying. Videos of Duke have been posted here already. Pretty sure coach has seen them too.

In my defense, I did put up a post asking, no begging coach to activate him. We'll see if he listens. 

I do not recall, and apologize in advance.

One of the NFL Games Duke was doing well in , the announcer , whom i do not recall, was speaking about how he squeezed the ball when catching. Showed replays and making that point how Duke catches the ball. Very hard for defenseman to break his grip once in his hands.
it was truly fun to watch. and very true.

For all his faults? he gets and puts the ball away like few others

and he blocks pretty badazz

Love the Duke
Hope he gets some game time this year

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1