Why wasn't Duke Williams active?

HailMary

As my dad use to say “scoreboard” right now all the signs point to duke Williams deserving to get Pt in certain situations. Daboll is not using all of his weapons wisely. All this conjecture about hey maybe duke Williams will drop balls is nonsense. All the guy did in the cfl training camp preseason and his limited game time was catch the football and provide a bigger target that can work for josh Allen. If he falls on his face so be it, deactivate him. But posters here advocating still for foster and McKenzie is beyond excusable. This is the nfl. If you’re on the field you need to produce or get the hell off ala zay Jones. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

11 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

As my dad use to say “scoreboard” right now all the signs point to duke Williams deserving to get Pt in certain situations. Daboll is not using all of his weapons wisely. All this conjecture about hey maybe duke Williams will drop balls is nonsense. All the guy did in the cfl training camp preseason and his limited game time was catch the football and provide a bigger target that can work for josh Allen. If he falls on his face so be it, deactivate him. But posters here advocating still for foster and McKenzie is beyond excusable. This is the nfl. If you’re on the field you need to produce or get the hell off ala zay Jones. 

Actually, it’s the exact opposite . It’s completely excusable as it doesn’t mean JACK what we advocate for.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Actually, it’s the exact opposite . It’s completely excusable as it doesn’t mean JACK what we advocate for.  

Oh really? So you don’t think fan pressure or media pressure hasn’t played in coach’s decisions before? Being a stubborn meathead is usually what gets coaches fired. I like McDermott but he’s left me scratching my head a few times in the past, and usually he has done a good job improving from those mistakes. People should be on him and Daboll for their questionable use of players on the offense. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Oh really? So you don’t think fan pressure or media pressure hasn’t played in coach’s decisions before?

Duke Williams being active for a game will have nothing to do with us.  I promise 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Duke Williams being active for a game will have nothing to do with us.  I promise 

Maybe so, but it’s always been part of the role like it or not as a fan or member of the media to be critical of the head coach’s decisions. And the obvious elephant in the room right now should be why is gore on the field and why is duke Williams not on the field in situations where he can contribute to help this team. 

13 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Maybe so, but it’s always been part of the role like it or not as a fan or member of the media to be critical of the head coach’s decisions. And the obvious elephant in the room right now should be why is gore on the field and why is duke Williams not on the field in situations where he can contribute to help this team. 

I’m responding to THIS thread and a bolded portion in particular.  Don’t turn this into something that it’s not

12 hours ago, GregPersons said:

But have they tried? Would it hurt to try? We've been able to win plenty of games without Tyler Kroft active. 

In my mind, they need to try and have a wide body possession-type option for Josh.    The TEs on the roster aren't providing that, so I want Williams to try. 

What the hell do the Bills have to lose, anyway.    We're getting virtually no production from WR3, WR4 or WR5.   If Williams can't cut it, it would be just like what we've gotten from this wide receiver group the last few weeks anyway.

And, if nothing else, Duke would be a better blocker in the run game than those smurfs...

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

In my mind, they need to try and have a wide body possession-type option for Josh.    The TEs on the roster aren't providing that, so I want Williams to try. 

What the hell do the Bills have to lose, anyway.    We're getting virtually no production from WR3, WR4 or WR5.   If Williams can't cut it, it would be just like what we've gotten from this wide receiver group the last few weeks anyway.

And, if nothing else, Duke would be a better blocker in the run game than those smurfs...

The big body could have helped on the last gasp slant route run by Brown and I'm not a McKenzie fan at all. Give Williams the role.

18 hours ago, tannins said:

Dropson Knox 

Beasley should have caught that deep ball. One of Allen's few good deep balls this year.

Just foolishness plain & simple ! You need a big bodied receiver that will catch the ball no matter where it is as long as it is in his radius & he has proven it & you say it's because you need speed rather than that :huh: .

I bet the dude was dying sitting on the side line knowing he could make a difference & couldn't help his team not to mention the first team that gives him a chance to start he will be gone so fast McD & Beane will see just how fast he is & given the need of a receiver in N.E. he will go there & Brady will stick it up our A** with him as the means to do so !! 

18 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Duke Williams and Yeldon should both be active. But instead we are dressing guys like Senorise Perry that you couldn’t even find on the telecast. Then you have Frank Gore who is taking touches away from Singletary and looks like he’s running with an air conditioner tied to his cleats. This team is desperate for play makers and we are sitting guys that are capable of making big plays on offense. Very frustrating. 

you are forgetting lee smith, who can either miss a block or get a penalty like no one's biz.

People act like you can just throw it near Duke and he will go get it. Throwing 50/50 balls to a tall WR requires pinpoint accuracy. It has to be high where only he can get it but not sail over his head. Josh has certainly not shown pinpoint accuracy consistently. He has meshed with receivers that get separation. He caught an important TD vs the Titans, but barely was targeted in the 2.5 games he played in. To say he played very well is a stretch. But if they want to activate him, I would sit Roberts and not Isiah. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, T master said:

Just foolishness plain & simple ! You need a big bodied receiver that will catch the ball no matter where it is as long as it is in his radius & he has proven it & you say it's because you need speed rather than that :huh: .

I bet the dude was dying sitting on the side line knowing he could make a difference & couldn't help his team not to mention the first team that gives him a chance to start he will be gone so fast McD & Beane will see just how fast he is & given the need of a receiver in N.E. he will go there & Brady will stick it up our A** with him as the means to do so !! 

You would think the Bills have a legit #1 WR they are hiding on the inactive list. How do you know Duke will make a difference at all? The coaches see him every day and you have seen him play a couple times. 

52 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

You would think the Bills have a legit #1 WR they are hiding on the inactive list. How do you know Duke will make a difference at all? The coaches see him every day and you have seen him play a couple times. 

But but the coaches lol. Holy crap people use your brains. I don’t have the time to post all the clips of John brown also not getting any separation when teams have played press coverage and Allen was forced to throw a quick slant to him. Multiple times this play has failed. 

1 hour ago, todzilla said:

People act like you can just throw it near Duke and he will go get it. Throwing 50/50 balls to a tall WR requires pinpoint accuracy. It has to be high where only he can get it but not sail over his head. Josh has certainly not shown pinpoint accuracy consistently. He has meshed with receivers that get separation. He caught an important TD vs the Titans, but barely was targeted in the 2.5 games he played in. To say he played very well is a stretch. But if they want to activate him, I would sit Roberts and not Isiah. 

Just throw a freaking slant guy, duke has a much bigger window to throw to then John brown. They aren’t the same type of receiver. John brown has been great at running routes when he is given time and mostly against a zone and is wide open. Most of these throws resulted in 0 yac. That Dallas touchdown was the most yac he’s had al year and again it was because he slipped behind the defender in zone coverage. Just watch the duke td again that’s the play we needed him for. No one is saying he is a wr 1. He’s a situational player that should be a red zone target that’s it. Stop throwing it to John brown who has no window because he is small and has trouble  playing physical. Check the tape.

2 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

How will you ever find out when he's sitting on the bench ? Given his one chance to play in a game he came up huge & caught the game winning TD just saying ! 

Some guys play bigger in games & he's had really good history, he's led a entire league in receptions along with yards sure it wasn't the NFL but if there is another legit league that's even close the CFL would be it . And again he can't prove a thing on the bench .

Not to mention his college days . Match that with being thrown aside because of some stupid mistakes his desire probably out weighs a lot of players & your not going to find out how he would be at game speed by sitting him on the bench that's all i'm saying . 

Yes i personally think he is like another Boldin maybe not huge speed guy as far as with a watch on him but come game time i feel he would be one of those go to guys that play faster & is real dependable in the clutch i don't know why i just do ...

At least play him until he proves them wrong then sit him on the bench . Some guys just have that it factor & i think he does . 

Edited by T master