Why wasn't Duke Williams active?

HailMary

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I gave up trying to convince people on here. All Duke has done since he got here was work hard and perform and all the organization has done is disrespect him.  Duke should have made the team at the end of the preseason instead he's cut. He finally gets his chance off the practice squad and produces in the exact game on the line scenario he thrives in, scores the winning TD.   He gets 2 more games (one of which he got hurt) and then never again.  The idiotic assessment by the coaching and management of this guy has cost this team wins. Today was another example of where he could have been used but instead we have the useless Mckenzie or mediocre Foster.

Exactly, that td in Tennessee was huge and thank god we won that game otherwise we are looking at not making it into the playoffs. But fans will constantly tell us Daboll and McDermott always make the right decisions. Gore is also done by the way. this guy shouldn’t even be in the nfl at this point. He’s a hall of famer but stick a fork in that guy already. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Just wondering Whats your nfl coaching resume look like? 

Do fans not pay attention to the nfl? There are numerous examples of players looking good in preseason and playing good when they get a chance just to not get a real shot in the game. Then they finally catch a break and low and behold they contribute. See fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson for obvious examples. Come on now. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Duke may not be the fastest & Duke is not under 5 '10"....my god man...play him in red zone situations.....this monster just has to reach his hands way up in the air and TD!!  He did it before......there was no reason for him being benched IMO....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think he should be inactive but he’s not going to be this monster game changer some are making him out to be. If our tight ends can’t body a defender and catch a ball I can’t see duke being much more effective. 
Duke doesn’t change much in this game today but of course that’s just my 2 cents. 

Well, catching passes certainly would not have hurt... 

3 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Do fans not pay attention to the nfl? There are numerous examples of players looking good in preseason and playing good when they get a chance just to not get a real shot in the game. Then they finally catch a break and low and behold they contribute. See fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson for obvious examples. Come on now. 

Understood. There are also players that look good in pre season. then melt down

when the bullets fly. a single example is Nathan Peterman. Personally, there has to be something

not clicking with Williams. Or they would at least dress him. he cannot be worse than the #4 and 5 scrubs

ahead of him. 

56 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We could have used him on that last play. I'll never figure out McD. Peterman plays horrible yet he sticks it out with him for 2 seasons. Duke works hard, earns a spot, plays well over 2 games then is locked in the basement?

This I believe is the same reason for the bias vs Duke. McD insanely stuck with Peterman just like he insanely stuck with useless crazy Zay Jones. These coaches never like to admit a mistake and TBH most of them are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. Add to this some anti CFL bias and Duke is the irrational odd man out, week after week. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

You don’t think all those drops contributed to the loss?

It hurt, yes.

Our offensive line did not help that much today either.

Still, despite all of that, we had a chance to tie this game and send it to overtime, potentially.

28 minutes ago, stony said:

Yup. Pretty much this x100

You know like what I’d like to see is a wr that can catch the ball pass the line of scrimmage  . How many did foster and McKenzie have today? How many jet sweeps did foster and McKenzie get today. For the love of god put a freaking wr on the field that can catch and the only one that has done that and shown the skill set for that is duke. I don’t care if he is on the roster next year but next week his ass better be on the active roster. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I respect Joe B but that is stupid take. Duke would never be on the special teams anyway. And besides what does it matter currently, our kick return game is garbage. In addition, he "doesn't strain the defense"?  yeah except when he caught that TD in Tennessee? and the entire point of Duke is he DOESNT NEED Separation to be effective. He can catch contested balls. Good grief, its like the poor guy has been blacklisted with the team and its "company line" media.

• Like (+1) 1