Why wasn't Duke Williams active?

HailMary

It was mentioned on the broadcast how the Bills are not well equipped with WRs for the situation at the end--where you need a big strong guy to wrestle some balls away. I was just thinking that before he said it, this is where we need Duke Williams. They really could have used him today.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 11

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Someone at my club actually believes that if Duke Williams had played today, the Bills would have won.

And you think you’re smarter because you believe the opposite? Ok pal cool story. Duke Williams is the only wr on the roster that has shown he can go up and get the ball and be a threat over the middle. McKenzie is a waste of a roster spot. Foster should be doing what they want from McKenzie. The last play of the game is the exact play you want to run for a player like duke not small John brown. The same thing happened in the eagles game on a fourth and long. So yes the bills had a great chance to win today if duke Williams plays. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don’t think he should be inactive but he’s not going to be this monster game changer some are making him out to be. If our tight ends can’t body a defender and catch a ball I can’t see duke being much more effective. 
Duke doesn’t change much in this game today but of course that’s just my 2 cents. 

4 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

And you think you’re smarter because you believe the opposite? Ok pal cool story. Duke Williams is the only wr on the roster that has shown he can go up and get the ball and be a threat over the middle. McKenzie is a waste of a roster spot. Foster should be doing what they want from McKenzie. The last play of the game is the exact play you want to run for a player like duke not small John brown. The same thing happened in the eagles game on a fourth and long. So yes the bills had a great chance to win today if duke Williams plays. 

The Duke Williams experiment will be over at the end of this season.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I don't think we lost today because of our wide receivers.

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If nothing else, Duke would be like another TE in the run game.   I just don't get why they don't think of that, given the struggles of our TEs in blocking...

He's not that good of a wr, yet he's gonna convert into a good blocking te without an offseason to learn the nuances?!

13 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I don't think we lost today because of our wide receivers.

Well it sure was a team loss on offense. As good as brown and Beasley are there are things they just aren’t able to do because of their size. So yea duke Williams would have helped I’m not saying he’s an amazing talent they aren’t playing but he has a skill set for certain plays on the field and the bills are obviously lacking that. It would be great if they could rely on Knox more over the middle but he has butter hands for some reason when he is in the center of the field. 

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

A couple of hot read slant patterns in the face of all the blitzing would have helped though...

This. it helps josh out a lot being able to do this when teams blitz him. 

I know people are joking about this as ridiculous, but if Daboll isn't utilizing McKenzie or Foster with those motion sweep plays consistently the way he has all season, Duke needs to be active.

Allen needs a big bodied receiver who can actually catch. Knox could be that guy in the future, but he's unreliable now.

Just activate him already so we have a WR who can make contested catches.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 6