Probably an unpopular opinion-Shady is probably more valuable than Frank G

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

point is he is a Backup RB that rarely gets in the game. But we have seen a Rookie RB grow with him as a mentor and on this team. 

He's in there plenty.

And another point is HE'S ***** ANCIENT AND THE BILLS SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER.

t's not complicated. You are talking intangibles, and I'm talking about his play on the field.

1 minute ago, 32ABBA said:

He's in there plenty.

And another point is HE'S ***** ANCIENT AND THE BILLS SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER.

t's not complicated. You are talking intangibles, and I'm talking about his play on the field.

show me is snap count to prove your plenty statement. 

maybe Daboll and McD should stop the 1970s thinking of bringing everyone in tight and running Gore into the wall of Flesh. 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

show me is snap count to prove your plenty statement. 

maybe Daboll and McD should stop the 1970s thinking of bringing everyone in tight and running Gore into the wall of Flesh. 

I'm done. You search for yourself. I watch the games.

Edited by 32ABBA

1 minute ago, 32ABBA said:

I'm done. You search for yourself.

it is your point back it up that is the vital part of trying to make a point and not just some dumbass hot take

Edited by MAJBobby

Gore is running like he has rollerskates on - he finishes every run by losing his footing, and then he peels himself off the ground with a grimace on his face.  He looks washed to me.

But I don’t know that McCoy solves any problems.  They’d have to take Motor off of the field to run plays with McCoy and I’m not sure that’s worth doing.  They definitely could use another running back who can catch and juke and I expect that to be on the offseason wishlist.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Gore is running like he has rollerskates on - he finishes every run by losing his footing, and then he peels himself off the ground with a grimace on his face.  He looks washed to me.

But I don’t know that McCoy solves any problems.  They’d have to take Motor off of the field to run plays with McCoy and I’m not sure that’s worth doing.  They definitely could use another running back who can catch and juke and I expect that to be on the offseason wishlist.

Exactly

3 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

How many minutes is shady playing per game? wasn't he a healthy scratch for a game?

i just don't think he is a big difference maker anymore. 

He was a healthy scratch for a game because Reid has bought into resting older players for a game mid-season. McCoy said the week off was incredible for his body. The story is actually all over the interwebs.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

McCoy is a great receiver and always has been. That alone changes how defenses line up and react.

Gore is very one dimensional.  He's a one cut interior runner.  If you've got an offensive line that can open up holes, and you're not playing against a defense with a pair of 340 lb defensive tackles who happen to be pretty good, Gore can be productive.  If the defense is good at stopping runs up the middle,. feeding the ball to Gore is an exercise in frustration.   The problem with Shady is he's not a whole lot different from Singletary.   I'd like to see Beane add a back with power, who also had something else - some speed or receiving ability.  Something you just know if Gore is in there, he's going to run up the middle whether there's a hole or a brick wall.  I'd also love to see Buffalo add a running back with some serious speed.  Singletary is elusive, but really doesn't have a whole lot of speed to get to the edge.

Gore has looked completely shot for weeks now. What is most frustrating is that the Bills continue to trot him out on critical short yardage and goal line situations. I’m all for Yeldon suiting up because if Singletary gets injured during a game I can’t imagine having to rely on Gore to get the job done. Nice story, started off the season better than I could have anticipated but he is now running like a 37 year old and for several weeks has been  averaging 2 yards per carry in games. We need better.

eh... six of one, half-dozen of the other. I don't think it's that big of a difference.

The sentimental me prefers McCoy. The realistic me doesn't really care.

1 hour ago, racketmaster said:

Gore has looked completely shot for weeks now. What is most frustrating is that the Bills continue to trot him out on critical short yardage and goal line situations. I’m all for Yeldon suiting up because if Singletary gets injured during a game I can’t imagine having to rely on Gore to get the job done. Nice story, started off the season better than I could have anticipated but he is now running like a 37 year old and for several weeks has been  averaging 2 yards per carry in games. We need better.

I'll say this... I was pissed when we handed the ball off to him at the one-yard line, when the best short-yardage back in the NFL is number 17.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

And I say that as someone who loves Frank. The Bills certainly could have afforded McCoy. He’s just a lot more versatile than Frank at this point. When Gore is in there, his role is insanely predictable, which makes the offense more predictable. McCoy is having a sneaky good season. He is averaging 4.9 ypc and has 27 receptions on 31 targets.

Why not compare McCoy to Yeldon since some have trouble criticizing Gore?

Bean/McDermott in whatever proportion works for you made a mistake when they cut McCoy and kept Yeldon.  Earlier in the season when Yeldon was our #2 back because of injury there is zero doubt in my mind that having McCoy on the roster would have turned a loss into a win.  

11 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yeah, ignoring salary, leadership, work ethic, mentoring a young rb...and so on.

Agree McCoy is still more talented at this point of his career, but clearly the team thought Singletary would be taking control and didn't want to keep mccoy around for everything listed above, or other reasons not made public

I think that stuff is important too. But Gore has 64 carries for 170 yards in the last seven games (and 55 for 136 in the last 6) and 3 receptions. That is well under 3 ypc. At some point, production matters.

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think that stuff is important too. But Gore has 64 carries for 170 yards in the last seven games (and 55 for 136 in the last 6) and 3 receptions. That is well under 3 ypc. At some point, production matters.

keep him off the field. Unless Singletary is hurt. Issue with Gore on field is the offense is limited because he cannot do what Singletary does