Probably an unpopular opinion-Shady is probably more valuable than Frank G

3 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Yawn...that kind of "great off field mentor" stuff is standard coach speak. I doubt Singletary would be playing any worse with a different vet providing mentoring.

really so you think McCoy is a better Mentor than Gore. Ha ha ha ha

then why has Singeltary been attached to Gore’s hip since he has been in Buffalo?

Edited by MAJBobby

The earlier in the year Frank Gore?  Or the playing right now Frank Gore?

The playing right now Frank G. looks done....literally petrified of having to go into a game right now with him as the primary back.   He looks slow.....he isnt breaking tackles...he doesnt have that little change of direction (very subtile....nothing like Shady or Singletary of course) thats gone.....if he goes lateral to the LOS he is going to get tackled...he probably isnt going to have a lot of negative plays but his plays are for like a YARD.

Singletary however.....looks like a BETTER version of Shady McCoy.  The only problem is Deven cant play the whole game.

What I wouldnt give right now to have that Rugby kid on the roster in relief of Devin when he takes a breather...give me a fast big brusing north south back that doesnt have a million miles on his behind Devin next year.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

really so you think McCoy is a better Mentor than Gore. Ha ha ha ha

NO, I think the whole "mentoring" is often blown out of proportion, and that You and any of us here on the board don't actually know a thing about Gore and Singletary's relationship, other that the cliche stories we see reported.

I believe they get along well, but what is Singletary going to say "I hate Frank gore, he never helps me!"

Edited by 32ABBA

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

And I say that as someone who loves Frank. The Bills certainly could have afforded McCoy. He’s just a lot more versatile than Frank at this point. When Gore is in there, his role is insanely predictable, which makes the offense more predictable. McCoy is having a sneaky good season. He is averaging 4.9 ypc and has 27 receptions on 31 targets.

Yeah, ignoring salary, leadership, work ethic, mentoring a young rb...and so on.

Agree McCoy is still more talented at this point of his career, but clearly the team thought Singletary would be taking control and didn't want to keep mccoy around for everything listed above, or other reasons not made public

4 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Yawn...that kind of "great off field mentor" stuff is standard coach speak. I doubt Singletary would be playing any worse with a different vet providing mentoring.

Alot of people think Allen has developed. 

Singletary had been consistently good.

Both players have had the mentors and so it can't have hurt. 

1 minute ago, 32ABBA said:

NO, I think the whole "mentoring" is often blown out of proportion, and that You and any of us here on the board don't actually know a thing about Gore and Singletary's relationship, other that the cliche stories we see reported.

yet Singletary has been attached to Gores hip since he arrived in Buffalo. 

yet Singletary Mimics Gores pregame routine to a T. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Marcus Murphy would have been better ten Gore. The guy has been done for 5 years. Not only is it crazy that he made a roster but he actually gets important touches for us. I get he’s been a great compiler that will make the hall of fame and I’m glad he can help Singletary off the field. But the guy is done. This is a team with big time aspirations in a league where “next year” is never guaranteed. You got to stop wasting touches on this guy. He’s to slow to be in the league. He’s turning 20 yard runs into 6 yards. And 6 yard runs into losses. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Alot of people think Allen has developed. 

Singletary had been consistently good.

Both players have had the mentors and so it can't have hurt. 

I didn't say it hurt. I said I think it is a cliche that is often overblown. He's a running back, not a QB

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

yet Singletary has been attached to Gores hip since he arrived in Buffalo. 

yet Singletary Mimics Gores pregame routine to a T. 

Yawn. Yeah, they like to hang out, how much that effects Singletary's performance we don't actually know, now do we?

Gore is terrible on the field. If they want to have him as a RB coach, that would be great. Just keep him off the field.

Edited by 32ABBA

1 minute ago, 32ABBA said:

I don't say it hurt. I said I think it is a cliche that is often overblown. He's a running back, not a QB

Yawn. Yeah, they like to hang out, how much that effects Singletary's performance we don't actually know, now do we?

ahhh so you can’t say it doesn’t either. So what is the point?

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

And I say that as someone who loves Frank. The Bills certainly could have afforded McCoy. He’s just a lot more versatile than Frank at this point. When Gore is in there, his role is insanely predictable, which makes the offense more predictable. McCoy is having a sneaky good season. He is averaging 4.9 ypc and has 27 receptions on 31 targets.

I agree. Tired of old running backs 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Marcus Murphy would have been better ten Gore. The guy has been done for 5 years. Not only is it crazy that he made a roster but he actually gets important touches for us. I get he’s been a great compiler that will make the hall of fame and I’m glad he can help Singletary off the field. But the guy is done. This is a team with big time aspirations in a league where “next year” is never guaranteed. You got to stop wasting touches on this guy. He’s to slow to be in the league. He’s turning 20 yard runs into 6 yards. And 6 yard runs into losses. 

Lately his contributions have diminished with each week. Stop putting him in goaline situations. We all know he'll be gone in 2 months. He gave us nice touches early but that is now gone. Go out and get Taylor. And I agree we should've kept Murphy.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

2 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

The point is GORE SUCKS  AND HE'S ***** UP ON THE FIELD.

point is he is a Backup RB that rarely gets in the game. But we have seen a Rookie RB grow with him as a mentor and on this team.