Probably an unpopular opinion-Shady is probably more valuable than Frank G

And I say that as someone who loves Frank. The Bills certainly could have afforded McCoy. He’s just a lot more versatile than Frank at this point. When Gore is in there, his role is insanely predictable, which makes the offense more predictable. McCoy is having a sneaky good season. He is averaging 4.9 ypc and has 27 receptions on 31 targets.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I would be just as fine with Yeldon as McCoy. 
Need that third guy rotating in to help I think. I don’t have an issue with gore getting some touches, but they always seem to be at big moments or when we really need a play. Gore is good for his 3-5 yard pound occasionally and singletary has been a life saver but I think they’re missing that third guy to rotate in and help out. 

5 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Don't see it. they are both old and done.

4.9 ypc and an 88 percent catch rate suggest otherwise. Last year, shady’s season was a mirage - kinda like Sony Michel’s this year and Marshawn Lynch’s final dozen or so games as a Bill. Teams key on them because they don’t respect the passing game, and they get hit in the backfield on no-chance plays at an inordinate rate.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

4.9 ypc and an 88 percent catch rate suggest otherwise. Last year, shady’s season was a mirage - kinda like Sony Michel’s this year and Marshawn Lynch’s final dozen or so games as a Bill. Teams key on them because they don’t respect the passing game, and they get hit in the backfield on no-chance plays at an inordinate rate.

How many minutes is shady playing per game? wasn't he a healthy scratch for a game?

i just don't think he is a big difference maker anymore. 

21 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

And I say that as someone who loves Frank. The Bills certainly could have afforded McCoy. He’s just a lot more versatile than Frank at this point. When Gore is in there, his role is insanely predictable, which makes the offense more predictable. McCoy is having a sneaky good season. He is averaging 4.9 ypc and has 27 receptions on 31 targets.

I don’t think Singeltary Progresses like he has with McCoy playing “mentor”