How about MVP Lamar Jackson today?

ToGoGo

Why is Baltimore running up the score & still using Lamar Jackson in the 4th ?

Eventually he will be injured , the guy only weighs 212 LBs...

If he makes it to the SB it will most likely be with an injury. He's has been lucky so far

30 minutes ago, billrooter said:

Jackson now has over a thousand rushing yards and 33 TDs and six picks, you still think RW is winning the MVP, oh and he is on the best team in the NFL with wins over a lot of playoff teams already?

Yep I still think Wilson is the MVP. It isn't a criticism of Jackson in any way. The kid is a brilliant player. But he is on a stacked Ravens team. Take Wilson off the Seahawks and they would be lucky to win 6 games.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep I still think Wilson is the MVP. It isn't a criticism of Jackson in any way. The kid is a brilliant player. But he is on a stacked Ravens team. Take Wilson off the Seahawks and they would be lucky to win 6 games.

That's certainly your opinion but I think the MVP race is over barring something catastrophic happening. I think Vegas had Lamar's MVP chances at roughly 80% before last night's 5 TD game.

17 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

That's certainly your opinion but I think the MVP race is over barring something catastrophic happening. I think Vegas had Lamar's MVP chances at roughly 80% before last night's 5 TD game.

Yea you may well be right. I'd still vote for Wilson if I had a vote.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That team is NOT stacked on offense.  Average WR's.  Average TE's.  The scheme and Lamar's threat of running is making the offense run.  Put RGIII in and they do not have half of the success.  Lamar is far and away the MVP!

Both are great players and while the Ravens are better than the Seahawks I don't see anyway Wilson gets the MVP. It's going to Jackson. Both are deserving but Jackson more so with what he is doing both passing and running. 12-2 with 10 straight wins including a beat down of the evil empire. Jackson has been the main part in all of it.

Take any MVP candidate QB off his team and the result is similar.

A point not worth making.

Lamar Jackson is having a special season. His performance both on and off the field have given the NFL a good jolt of fresh air. Jackson is great for the league. And he deserves the MVP this year.

Having said this, why do we NEED to compare Jackson to Josh Allen? Let these guys be their own QB's. Both are in their 2nd year, and are both having success at different levels. Just let it play out and enjoy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Are the Ravens really that stacked? They have a rookie receiver who hasn’t been healthy (the Seahawks have Metcalf who has been awesome); a 4th round 2nd year TE, and Mark Ingram who has been out rushed by Chris Carson the past 2 years.

we’re nitpicking here because Wilson is awesome but Jackson has been steroids to that team.  They are averaging 10 more points a game. Jackson is the MVP and I don’t think it’s really that close good sir.

40 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Lamar Jackson is having a special season. His performance both on and off the field have given the NFL a good jolt of fresh air. Jackson is great for the league. And he deserves the MVP this year.

Having said this, why do we NEED to compare Jackson to Josh Allen? Let these guys be their own QB's. Both are in their 2nd year, and are both having success at different levels. Just let it play out and enjoy.

Because we need to compare everything!  We used to argue over Jackson and Spiller when we had both guys playing effectively.

Jackson is an absolute beast but I think too many are ignoring the inevitable... 

Come year 5, the Ravens will have to allocate a huge portion of their cap to Lamar Jackson.  

Are years 5-10 of Lamar Jackson going to be worse, the same, or better than what we’re seeing right now?  

An argument could certainly be made that he might be better, but unlike other running QBs, his game is entirely predicated off his ability to design run.  The hits will eventually add up.  

Edited by SCBills

8 hours ago, PolishDave said:

Didn't people on this board anoint Carson Wentz and Dak Prescott as the next Jesus and John the Baptist last year?

what’s your point? Neither have put together an MVP season like Lamar has. Could he regress? Sure. We’ll wait and see. But to strawman like this makes you look foolish. Seriously the reflexive hating on this kid by so many here is odd. 

On 12/13/2019 at 7:26 AM, HOUSE said:

Why is Baltimore running up the score & still using Lamar Jackson in the 4th ?

Eventually he will be injured , the guy only weighs 212 LBs...

If he makes it to the SB it will most likely be with an injury. He's has been lucky so far

playing like this is drooled over by the media until the inevitable too-soon curtailing from injury

Lamar clearly deserves better marks as a passer than he was given credit for in the pre-draft process. Petrino and a handful of observers said so  but the powers that be were not listening. Shame on them and kudos to the kid. Having said that he still has plenty to prove in the passing department. In the scheme he's running he is taking full advantage of good accuracy, ball placement, quick release and adequate arm strength. But everything, including the Raven's passing game, leverages off the run, including of course what he contributes to that personally. The test will be what happens when, as I believe is inevitable, he finally has to transition to a more fully developed conventional passing attack with more challenging throws and multiple downfield reads etc...I don't think that skill jumps out of his college tape, or such of it that I remember seeing. I'm sure Belly is thinking the way to beat him is still to force him to be less of a runner and more of a QB. I have no doubt that the next time the Pats and Ravens match up, Bill will be much better prepared. It is quite possible that the shelf life of the Raven's offence will start to expire fairly soon, like in the upcoming playoffs.