How about MVP Lamar Jackson today?

ToGoGo

36 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

That was a great play.  I agree.

Throwing a 15 yard pass on blown coverage directly in front of you is a little different than hitting the long ball down the sideline 30+ yards downfield when the receiver has a step.  Should Josh have hit those passes?  I would hope that he makes them a lot more often than he does, but the plays aren't even anywhere near the same.

Josh also hit Beasley in stride. Im sure Josh stats would have been greatly helped by him catching the ball.  Same with Knox.  Same with Singletary.  The ball was there for Singletary.  He misplayed it.

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I watched Lamar play against Buffalo, SF, NE and Seattle. He is a runner who makes defenses guess if he is going to run and thus this gets his TE’s open.  The Bills slowed him down big time. Make Lamar play QB and see if he can beat you. The scoring is going down against athletic good defenses like the Bills and 49ers. I expect that will continue. We can agree to disagree. Lamar needs to develop his game to be a long time QB in the league, otherwise he is destined for a much shorter career. 

Allen is destined for a short career as well if we dont' fix our oline and he doesn't learn how to throw the ball away and avoid sacks....

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Jackson was more accurate and more consistent on Sunday.  I'm not sure why that bothers everyone so much.  I'd be more upset if we had no answers for anything but it's really pretty simple.  Allen starts hitting even half of the throws when we get behind the defense and we start scoring more points.  I think he can do it and I can't think of a better time than the next couple of weeks when we are making a playoff push.  No doubt in my mind that defenses will be giving him opportunities.

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

and your comment is what?

Those are easy passes that JA has to hit. Just as easy if not easier than the one Jackson hits that you stated was a much easier pass. Jackson actually has Hughes on top off him about to hit him. Allen has open WR's and a clean pocket on both and is throwing right over the top. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 1

I never seen so much love for an opponents QB. It’s all conjecture. To this point Lamar hasn’t accomplished anything. Let’s see what happens over the next couple of months.

I don’t think anyone here is arguing LJ had a great game. In fact I’d argued he struggled for much of the game. I think that’s more a testament to the bills D than a knock on LJ. 

People on here are saying the bills have figured out this offence. I call BS. it isn’t rocket science to defend what the ravens are doing. I’d say there’s only a handful of teams who are built to actually stop it. What Greg Roman is calling isn’t new but it is well executed and not many teams have the personnel to stop it.

LJ didn’t have a great game but you can’t take away everything he has done this year from one not great game on the road against maybe the best defense in the league. If this was RW or PM who put up a stinker no one would be saying they’d be out of the league in a year. He’s a very deserving mvp candidate based on his complete body of work this season.  

BTW The throw to hurst in the blown coverage was a good play by LJ. It isn’t his fault it was a blown coverage. He stood in the pocket, stepped into his throw and took a big hit to make that play. 

On 12/8/2019 at 3:49 PM, Bangarang said:

The book on him is out? He threw 3 TDs and didn’t look nearly as rattled or erratic as Allen. So many horrible takes on Lamar. He’s having a great season.

Threw?  Calling one of those a throw is rather generous :) 

I never seen so much love for an opponents QB. It’s all conjecture. To this point Lamar hasn’t accomplished anything. Let’s see what happens over the next couple of months.

That's what I was thinking. Yeah, the guy's having a good year, but I don't get why so many Bills fans are popping wood over the guy on the other team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Those are easy passes that JA has to hit. Just as easy if not easier than the one Jackson hits that you stated was a much easier pass. Jackson actually has Hughes on top off him about to hit him. Allen has open WR's and a clean pocket on both and is throwing right over the top. 

Yes,  I said that I would hope he hit more of those.  Disagree that they were easier than Jacksons pass.  Jackson could see the busted coverage from the get go.  Hurst had 5 yards on Poyer with no one else in sight.

6 hours ago, ngbills said:

Bills played Jackson great. Unfortunately he did just enough to get the win. Saw the open WR on the long play and delivered the ball. On his little trick play that is the difference between a TD and FG on that drive. So we shut him down but just not enough. 

I am curious if the people here saying Jackson sucked are the same that make excuses for our offense every week. You know the we are 9-3 or now 9-4 that is all that matters. Allen plays in the clutch when is needed so who cares what else he does. Yards mean nothing. Blah Blah Blah. 

My guess is that they are whether they post those excuses or not.   It seems that some of them feel a real need to excuse the shortcomings of the Bills offense by denying opponents' good play.

4 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Lamar was stopped all day.... Baltimore has great field position most the day, he completed a pass here and there. Take off the 60 yard TD he throws under 100 yds and rushes for 40. His first TD came from the 4 yd line that should have been backed up by 12 in the huddle. Then the 60 yd blown coverage by Poyer and the Snead TD where Edmunds was out of position and left his zone open. Lamar did enough to win, it wasn’t that impressive. Baltimore’s Defense and our lack of offense was the difference in the game. Lamar did nothing special that makes one say, “Lamar beat us, Lamar couldn’t be stopped, Lamar made plays left and right,” that didn’t happen. 

Guess what, good defenses can make even great QBs look ordinary.  Watch the lowlights of Aaron Rodgers versus the Niners D last month.  Great QBs, though, usually manage to do just enough to win even against good defenses.

I watched Lamar play against Buffalo, SF, NE and Seattle. He is a runner who makes defenses guess if he is going to run and thus this gets his TE’s open.  The Bills slowed him down big time. Make Lamar play QB and see if he can beat you. The scoring is going down against athletic good defenses like the Bills and 49ers. I expect that will continue. We can agree to disagree. Lamar needs to develop his game to be a long time QB in the league, otherwise he is destined for a much shorter career. 

Jackson's passing game has improved from where it was last season at least as much Allen's has, and that's an impressive accomplishment for both.  However, Jackson has already developed into a better QB than Allen at this point.  That doesn't mean that one or both are destined for failure and success.  One or both could stop developing like Vick or Kaepernick or continue to develop like QBs like Brady, Brees, Rodgers or Wilson have done.

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Let me guess, you're still not convinced that Mahomes and Watson are franchise QBs, either.

25 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

That's what I was thinking. Yeah, the guy's having a good year, but I don't get why so many Bills fans are popping wood over the guy on the other team.

Because some of us don't only watch the Bills ...

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

with the help of the refs not calling 12 men in the huddle 

say what you will. That non call backs up the Ravens and could have kept them from scoring a TD.   

Yeah maybe.  Or maybe it wouldn't have to come down to too many men in a huddle not called....

43 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Because some of us don't only watch the Bills ...

I still don't get it.

If he'd just knocked off the Pats, or any other team for that matter, it would make a bit more sense.

Bills fans on a Bills board getting hot for the QB that just beat us is weird to me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Maybe because they appreciate greatness. you know, like football fans tend to do. The question is why so many other Bills fans are so butthurt about it, it was ONE game against a Superior opponent, not the end of the world unless the Bills get punked by the steelers which is highly likely to happen cause Josh Allen is average at best against real teams.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/8/2019 at 3:02 PM, Protocal69 said:

2 plays cost us the game today. The Hurst 61 yards for the TD and the Josh Allen fumble. We wasn’t a push over so that’s that

The O-lines inability to protect Josh with any consistency was the key to the game in my opinion. The fumble and other issues offensively were caused by the Raven's conssitnet pressure. But that being said the Bills went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the league. No moral victories but when assessing this team and Josh you can come away with some positives to go along with the negatives.  

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not even close.  It's not even in the top 20.  Maybe you were thinking of Mahomes?  Rodgers? Goff? Garroppolo?  Brady?  They are all in the top 5.   

Admittedly I haven’t done the homework... but is that list cumulative yards or factored by attempts?  The names above each will have substantially more attempts than Jackson. 

11 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Admittedly I haven’t done the homework... but is that list cumulative yards or factored by attempts?  The names above each will have substantially more attempts than Jackson. 

Cumulative.  But, for instance, 47% of Mahomes's "passing yards" are YAC.  For Jackson it's 40%