How about MVP Lamar Jackson today?

ToGoGo

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

My agenda?

You are making blanket statements and I’m the one with an agenda?  I saw a very poised QB who, for the sake of the league, I hope continues to develop. I also saw another QB, with less options, appear confused. I hope that he too, for the good of the Bills, continues to develop.

I watched Lamar play against Buffalo, SF, NE and Seattle. He is a runner who makes defenses guess if he is going to run and thus this gets his TE’s open.  The Bills slowed him down big time. Make Lamar play QB and see if he can beat you. The scoring is going down against athletic good defenses like the Bills and 49ers. I expect that will continue. We can agree to disagree. Lamar needs to develop his game to be a long time QB in the league, otherwise he is destined for a much shorter career. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

In college. In the Big 12 where nobody plays defense. 

So, what you're saying is....that he was a passing QB who could run while in college (Big 12), but Reid turned him into a passing QB who could run in the NFL?

That's pretty funny.

Anyway, last year, Big 12 went 3-1 against SEC in bowl games, scoring 28, 45 and 38 against the Conference That Always Plays Defense.

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

My agenda?

You are making blanket statements and I’m the one with an agenda?  I saw a very poised QB who, for the sake of the league, I hope continues to develop. I also saw another QB, with less options, appear confused. I hope that he too, for the good of the Bills, continues to develop.

I'll bet you when it's all done and said Allen has the longer better career by a lot.

Jackson is a flash in the pan like Kaepernick, RG3, the wildcat, Tyrod, etc. The league will catch up to Roman again, usually takes a year or so for the effectiveness of his QB to become less and less effective, it happened to Kaep and Tyrod, LJ is next.

26 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I watched Lamar play against Buffalo, SF, NE and Seattle. He is a runner who makes defenses guess if he is going to run and thus this gets his TE’s open.  The Bills slowed him down big time. Make Lamar play QB and see if he can beat you. The scoring is going down against athletic good defenses like the Bills and 49ers. I expect that will continue. We can agree to disagree. Lamar needs to develop his game to be a long time QB in the league, otherwise he is destined for a much shorter career. 

Against SF, NE and Buffalo, the answer was "he can".

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I never seen so much love for an opponents QB. It’s all conjecture. To this point Lamar hasn’t accomplished anything. Let’s see what happens over the next couple of months.

He’s having an MVP caliber season. Allen gets so much love and praise just for being competent, I can only imagine how giddy everyone would be if he was being as productive as Lamar. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I never seen so much love for an opponents QB. It’s all conjecture. To this point Lamar hasn’t accomplished anything. Let’s see what happens over the next couple of months.

I'm not sure you used that word correctly...

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I can only hope we're as generous w/Allen when he puts up a similar line and not say the defense bailed us out. 

Why wouldn't I?  I've been solid behind JA.  You  won't see that because it injures your narrative crusade.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He’s having an MVP caliber season. Allen gets so much love and praise just for being competent, I can only imagine how giddy everyone would be if he was being as productive as Lamar. 

I’d be happy for the now but concerned for the future. I see red flags. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm not sure you used that word correctly...

Why wouldn't I?  I've been solid behind JA.  You  won't see that because it injures your narrative crusade.

Yes I did. On that note I’m stepping out of this discussion. I have my opinion you are all welcome to yours. I think it safe to say neither one of us is changing the others mind. I do not want to get into some silly fight on here. Especially since it has to do with a player from another team. I appreciate your opinion and stance. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Lamar now leads the NFL in TD Passes. Has 28 with only 6 INTs and as much as he runs...only 1 lost fumble on the year. Over 1000 yards rushing BUT GUESS WHAT?!?! Josh Allen has him beat in passing yards by 60. So there's that.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

My narrative crusade? Do tell!

I can't tell you what you already know.

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’d be happy for the now but concerned for the future. I see red flags. 

Yes I did.

What is  "all conjecture"?--- that he's one of the best players and leading scorer in the NFL this year and a leading candidate for MVP?

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Lamar now leads the NFL in TD Passes. Has 28 with only 6 INTs and as much as he runs...only 1 lost fumble on the year. Over 1000 yards rushing BUT GUESS WHAT?!?! Josh Allen has him beat in passing yards by 60. So there's that.

All pure "conjecture" (if I'm using the word correctly).

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He may indeed be destined for a much shorter career. Taking the hits that he and Allen did yesterday aren’t what you want to see if you’re looking towards long term QB play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Jackson averaged 5.8 yards per attempt.  Allen averaged 3.7.  The best passing QB on the field was wearing purple.  The Ravens have the highest scoring offense in the NFL.  Their offense put up the service highest point total against the Bills this season.  The Ravens are steamrolling to the number 1 seed in the AFC, and Jackson is the runaway favorite for MVP.  

If what he's done doesn't impress Bills fans, you might as well drag Josh out behind the stadium and put a bullet in him because there is zero reason to believe he'll ever touch what Lamar is doing.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

We made him look pretty ordinary.

Someone in the 2nd half thread said he is a great read-option QB, nothing more, and I agree. He looked lost when Andrews went out of the game, and kept throwing to the backup TE who fortunately for them is a good football player. 

Hopefully, the book on him is now out. Don't fall for the ball trickery, set the edge, don't overpursue, and eliminate the TE's. Force him to throw long into tight coverage. 

Still MVP... He played one of the best defenses in the league a few times this year and has won every game.

Edited by Boca BIlls

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

Jackson averaged 5.8 yards per attempt.  Allen averaged 3.7.  The best passing QB on the field was wearing purple.  The Ravens have the highest scoring offense in the NFL.  Their offense put up the service highest point total against the Bills this season.  The Ravens are steamrolling to the number 1 seed in the AFC, and Jackson is the runaway favorite for MVP.  

If what he's done doesn't impress Bills fans, you might as well drag Josh out behind the stadium and put a bullet in him because there is zero reason to believe he'll ever touch what Lamar is doing.

Greatly helped by his 15 yard pass that was taken another 45 yards to the house by an untouched 260lb TE.

I am impressed by what Jackson and the Ravens have done this year.  I just don't think its sustainable.

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Greatly helped by his 15 yard pass that was taken another 45 yards to the house by an untouched 260lb TE.

I am impressed by what Jackson and the Ravens have done this year.  I just don't think its sustainable.

I thought his final TD pass - the where he rolled right and threw it back inside - was the best offensive play by anyone on the field yesterday. That was good quarterbacking. Judging from the Bills' defenders reactions, they couldn't believe it. 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, kind of like how Josh's stats would have been greatly helped by receivers running into the endzone for long touchdown catch and runs if he hadn't overthrown them by 5 yards every time one of them got behind the defense.  The difference is that Lamar hit his man in stride.  That's a feature, not a bug.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I thought his final TD pass - the where he rolled right and threw it back inside - was the best offensive play by anyone on the field yesterday. That was good quarterbacking. Judging from the Bills' defenders reactions, they couldn't believe it. 

That was a great play.  I agree.

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

Yeah, kind of like how Josh's stats would have been greatly helped by receivers running into the endzone for long touchdown catch and runs if he hadn't overthrown them by 5 yards every time one of them got behind the defense.  The difference is that Lamar hit his man in stride.  That's a feature, not a bug.

Throwing a 15 yard pass on blown coverage directly in front of you is a little different than hitting the long ball down the sideline 30+ yards downfield when the receiver has a step.  Should Josh have hit those passes?  I would hope that he makes them a lot more often than he does, but the plays aren't even anywhere near the same.

Josh also hit Beasley in stride. Im sure Josh stats would have been greatly helped by him catching the ball.  Same with Knox.  Same with Singletary.  The ball was there for Singletary.  He misplayed it.

Edited by Scott7975

18 minutes ago, Billl said:

This seems like a totally normal, totally rational thing to say.