How about MVP Lamar Jackson today?

ToGoGo

32 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Perhaps thoroughly outplayed is too much. 

He outplayed Allen. But that wasn’t too difficult. Wasn’t really impressed with Jackson as a passer. He’s another animal as a runner which is why he’s so good. 

Allen sucked today. He overthrew balls, held the ball too long, and couldn’t beat the blitz. Hopefully they figure sometching out because Steelers are just as good defensively..... a lot of people wonder why Allen can’t throw for 300 yards, part of the problem is he is god awful with his deep ball. Atrocious. 

First of all, Lamar can’t “outplay” Allen.  

Allen plays the Baltimore D.

Jackson plays the Buffalo D.  That’s basic.

Both Allen and Jackson were largely shut down by superb defensive play today.

Allen left plays out there, but our receivers dropped catchable balls and I have no idea what happened with our offensive line.

We made adjustments but it seemed to take us too long.

Baltimore made a handful more key plays on offense and that was enough for a win that came down to the final minute.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

First of all, Lamar can’t “outplay” Allen.  

Allen plays the Baltimore D.

Jackson plays the Buffalo D.  That’s basic.

Both Allen and Jackson were largely shut down by superb defensive play today.

Allen left plays out there, but our receivers dropped catchable balls and I have no idea what happened with our offensive line.

We made adjustments but it seemed to take us too long.

Baltimore made a handful more key plays on offense and that was enough for a win that came down to the final minute.

This pretty much sums it up.  Our offense needed one more big play at the end and didn't deliver.

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Still feel he's going to flame out within 3 years. He is awful at reading field, going through progressions. One read QB that also has play action as his crutch. 

jesus christ if you think this about Lamar I wonder what you must think of Allen

Lamar was going through his progressions fine today. he threw 3 TD's during his worst game of the season...

meanwhile Allen looked lost from minute one until the final play of the game. 

38 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Who said that?

You sound like you don't want Lamar Jackson to be regarded as highly as he's been or to have continued success, which seems very strange to me.

He threw three TD's and made a few high degree of difficulty throws either from the pocket or on the move that should've been caught by his receivers; he played as well as one could expect playing against a top 3 defense. 

He's a good pocket passer, who like Josh Allen could improve on his mechanics to be an even better, more consistent passer. 

Look, first you insulted me by insinuating that I'm some mastermind for solving Lamar Jackson. Then you back peddle away from that when I call you out. 

If you disagree with something, then say it. Don't be like RavensLord1. 

If a man is getting overrated, it means others are being underrated. He's a good read-option QB. He made some nice throws, I agree. He's supposed to in the NFL. I thought Josh made some nice throws too. But the love-fest is too much. Not only do I not think it's strange to try to counter-balance a falsehood (ex. Lamar is an incredible QB), I believe it is only right to speak out. 

We've all been bombarded for weeks about how he's going to scorch us. Well he didn't. And I need to keep my mouth shut about it? It's "strange"?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28253801/ravens-escape-bills-clinch-playoff-berth

Escape! 

After watching a double-digit fourth-quarter lead nearly get away from them, the Ravens couldn't celebrate until cornerback Marcus Peters deflected a fourth-down red zone pass from Josh Allen with 1 minute, 3 seconds remaining.

They just had to comment on his sleeves. ?. Wonder if that was a SF dig. 

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Look, first you insulted me by insinuating that I'm some mastermind for solving Lamar Jackson. Then you back peddle away from that when I call you out. 

If you disagree with something, then say it. Don't be like RavensLord1. 

If a man is getting overrated, it means others are being underrated. He's a good read-option QB. He made some nice throws, I agree. He's supposed to in the NFL. I thought Josh made some nice throws too. But the love-fest is too much. Not only do I not think it's strange to try to counter-balance a falsehood (ex. Lamar is an incredible QB), I believe it is only right to speak out. 

We've all been bombarded for weeks about how he's going to scorch us. Well he didn't. And I need to keep my mouth shut about it? It's "strange"?

I backpedaled from insinuating that you're a mastermind for "solving" Lamar Jackson, when?

My comment was in response to you falsely suggesting that I believe opinions should be outlawed.

You were insulted?

Well, you kinda insult Lamar Jackson and everything he's accomplished thus far by stating that he's a good read-option QB and nothing more; you kinda insult the game of football by suggesting that you have the blueprint to stop Lamar Jackson after watching three hours of him. 

Believe it or not, the Patriots were the first to slow down Jackson as a rusher, they allowed two fewer passing TD than the Bills did today and still lost by 17 (his leading receivers in that game were 'Hollywood' Brown and his RB, not his TE). 

No team before the Bills today had been able to really bottle up Jackson since the Patriots did it, I'm guessing those teams never considered your blueprint?

People can be down on Jackson and his passing all they want, but in the end it really does not matter, because he is leading his team on a strong playoff run. He is #1in the league in TD passes (28), is #5 in QB rating, has been a large contributor to his teams 11-2 record, is a team first player, and is setting offensive records left and right. Lamar is also getting ready to break the single season rushing record for quarterbacks. 

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/17-records-feats-benchmarks-lamar-jackson-and-the-ravens-hit-on-mnf

Buffalo has a hell of a defense and they made Jackson look less than stellar today, so people need to give the Buffalo defense props for containing Lamar. Not so stellar performances happens to all quarterbacks; Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, and Mr. Josh Allen of the Bills.  But part of being in the MVP running is a players ability to put their team in the best position to win. Gimmick backyard football plays, or whatever excuses people are making to undermine Lamar, he is getting the job done and is a master at improvising. For all the people who knock Lamar, I am thinking some of the unnecessary criticism wouldn't be dished out if he were the quarterback of the Bills. But I get it, the Ravens just won, fans are angry and disappointed, so there's the sour grapes mentality.

And then there's the: Lamar threw 1 legitimate touchdown while the other 2 should not have counted, and there should be asterisks in the record book reading:

*touchdown 1 was a shovel gimmick pure luck pass. Should not count as a legitimate passing touchdown.

*td pass #2 was against broken coverage, so no credit goes to the quarterback for recognizing the tight end had several steps on the defender. Therefore,  it shouldn't count.

Give me a break. The same could be said about plays that happen nearly every game in the NFL. In case many of the fans down on Lamar haven't watched Patrick Mahomes or Russell Wilson, they have also made very similar plays in their NFL careers. It's called improvising and exploiting late coverage. Kinda like the 2 point conversion where Jimmy Smith clearly blew the coverage on Beasley. 

pfft. 

Edited by InheritedBillsfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

2 plays cost us the game today. The Hurst 61 yards for the TD and the Josh Allen fumble. We wasn’t a push over so that’s that

I don't think it's quite as simple as that, but the Josh Allen strip sack in the red zone was big.  And of course the Hurst TD made it harder for us to come back.

3 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

We made him look pretty ordinary.

Someone in the 2nd half thread said he is a great read-option QB, nothing more, and I agree. He looked lost when Andrews went out of the game, and kept throwing to the backup TE who fortunately for them is a good football player. 

Hopefully, the book on him is now out. Don't fall for the ball trickery, set the edge, don't overpursue, and eliminate the TE's. Force him to throw long into tight coverage. 

He was really well contained, but he did make 2-3 beautiful throws while under extreme pressure.  I do think that he passed the eye test and was the better QB on the field today. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I backpedaled from insinuating that you're a mastermind for "solving" Lamar Jackson, when?

My comment was in response to you falsely suggesting that I believe opinions should be outlawed.

You were insulted?

Well, you kinda insult Lamar Jackson and everything he's accomplished thus far by stating that he's a good read-option QB and nothing more; you kinda insult the game of football by suggesting that you have the blueprint to stop Lamar Jackson after watching three hours of him. 

Believe it or not, the Patriots were the first to slow down Jackson as a rusher, they allowed two fewer passing TD than the Bills did today and still lost by 17 (his leading receivers in that game were 'Hollywood' Brown and his RB, not his TE). 

No team before the Bills today had been able to really bottle up Jackson since the Patriots did it, I'm guessing those teams never considered your blueprint?

You insulted me because I insulted the "game of football"? 

I didn't mean to make fun of your favorite QB. You clearly watch all his games and root for him so you would know better than I do. I apologize for having the gall for suggesting a blueprint to stop him. From now on, I will message you directly for permission. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Ravens Fans. 

How pathetic.  

Ever hear of winning and having some class?

Hey, don't insinuate all Raven's fans aren't showing class. :) 

I think what you're seeing is Buffalo fans ticked off that the Bills lost a close hard fought game, and doing a bit of undermining of Lamar. In response some Ravens -and- Bills fans are disagreeing with the negativity being spouted against Lamar. Because, most if not all of it simply is not true. 

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He’s as good as he’s going to get. Is it good enough to win a SB? We shall see. 

I guess that's pretty good then, right? Leading the league in TD passes after 13 games and getting ready to break the NFL single season rushing record for quarterbacks.  Hey, if he doesn't get any better than this, I can't complain. As long as he is playing this way, he gives his team the best chance at winning. 

19 minutes ago, InheritedBillsfan said:

People can be down on Jackson and his passing all they want, but in the end it really does not matter, because he is leading his team on a strong playoff run. He is #1in the league in TD passes (28), is #5 in QB rating, has been a large contributor to his teams 11-2 record, is a team first player, and is setting offensive records left and right. Lamar is also getting ready to break the single season rushing record for quarterbacks. 

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/17-records-feats-benchmarks-lamar-jackson-and-the-ravens-hit-on-mnf

Buffalo has a hell of a defense and they made Jackson look less than stellar today. It happens to all quarterbacks; Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, and Mr. Josh Allen of the Bills.  But part of being in the MVP running is a players ability to put their team in the best position to win. Gimmick backyard football plays, or whatever excuses people are making to undermine Lamar, he is getting the job done and is a master at improvising. For all the people who knock Lamar, I am thinking some of the unnecessary criticism wouldn't be dished out if he were the quarterback of the Bills. But I get it, the Ravens just won, fans are angry and disappointed, so there's the sour grapes mentality.

And then there's the: Lamar threw 1 legitimate touchdown while the other 2 should not have counted, and there should be asterisks in the record book reading:

*touchdown 1 was a shovel gimmick pure luck pass. Should not count as a legitimate passing touchdown.

*td pass #2 was against broken coverage, so no credit goes to the quarterback for recognizing the tight end had several steps on the defender. Therefore,  it shouldn't count.

Give me a break. The same could be said about plays that happen nearly every game in the NFL. In case many of the fans down on Lamar haven't watched Patrick Mahomes or Russell Wilson, they have also made very similar plays in their NFL careers. It's called improvising and exploiting late coverage. Kinda like the 2 point conversion where Jimmy Smith clearly blew the coverage on Beasley. 

pfft.

Well said, IBF.  Jackson made enough more plays to lead his team to victory at the end of the day and that's what counts.

There are no style points in football.  Shovel pass for a TD counts for 7

As far as Allen, well, we got people here wanting to send him to the glue factory for today's game, and you should have seen this board after the first game against Miami.  You woulda thought we lost. 

I would have liked to see some nice gimmick backyard plays for the Bills today!

9 minutes ago, InheritedBillsfan said:

Hey, don't insinuate all Raven's fans aren't showing class. :) 

I think what you're seeing is Buffalo fans ticked off that the Bills lost a close hard fought game, and doing a bit of undermining of Lamar. In response some Ravens -and- Bills fans are disagreeing with the negativity being spouted against Lamar. Because, most if not all of it simply is not true. 

Oh, no, we had a gen-u-wine asshat Ravens fan troll on here doing gen-u-wine asshat trollery.  He got the airlock.  Most of his worst crap got the airlock right after him.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Walked into the stadium of a playoff team, home team had extra rest, and walked out with a good performance and a relatively easy win

What on earth are you talking about?  No one on the Ravens team thinks that was an easy win.

5 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Lamar was bad today. The difference in the game was that he was less bad than Allen was, and had lots of short fields to work with. 

Idk Chan, he punched in TDs while we settled for FGs. I’ll say this though, our D was really good. Again. 

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He got the job done for his team today. Worst case scenario though we just made a blueprint for NE.

Maybe.  Is their secondary overall as good as ours?  Harbaugh in his post-game presser made it sound as though we were doing some things he didn't think every team could pull off without getting bitten for it.

And we did get gashed for it badly on the Hayden Hurst TD

8 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Lamar was bad today. The difference in the game was that he was less bad than Allen was, and had lots of short fields to work with. 

how the hell was he bad 

it was a below average day for him but thats not bad by any means. he put up 24 points and 3 TD's and did enough to beat a 9-3 team on the road. 

• Like (+1) 1

Jackson had a good game, nearly made a couple big mistakes but didn't.  But yes, the Bills defense did an excellent job keeping him from running all over them as he's done to most teams.  That's why the game came down to the final possession.

The D earned a win today.  Too bad the O couldn't hold up their end of the deal.   As good as the D played, the O played even worse.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well said, IBF.  Jackson made enough more plays to lead his team to victory at the end of the day and that's what counts.

There are no style points in football.  Shovel pass for a TD counts for 7

As far as Allen, well, we got people here wanting to send him to the glue factory for today's game, and you should have seen this board after the first game against Miami.  You woulda thought we lost. 

I would have liked to see some nice gimmick backyard plays for the Bills today!

Allen will be fine. It's sometimes difficult to keep perspective after an emotional loss. Trust me, I remember the Ravens/Bills game ( I was there in the stands at RW stadium )  back in '13 when Flacco tossed 5 INT's to the Bills defense and was doing his best impersonation of Ryan Leaf. After driving all the way to Orchard Park to see the defending Super Bowl champions get their butts whooped, I was ready to throw Flacco to the wolves along with the entire coaching staff, coordinators, and whoever else permitted the game to get out of hand.  And what made it worse were the crappy wings I had at Duff's on Orchard Park road after the game. The beers always colder and the wings are more crispy after a win. 

But I do think Allen will be fine. Put a decent line in front of him and give him another year to grow as a QB and he will most likely be better than we are seeing in 2019.

Edited by InheritedBillsfan