How about MVP Lamar Jackson today?

ToGoGo

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

We made him look pretty ordinary.

Someone in the 2nd half thread said he is a great read-option QB, nothing more, and I agree. He looked lost when Andrews went out of the game, and kept throwing to the backup TE who fortunately for them is a good football player. 

Hopefully, the book on him is now out. Don't fall for the ball trickery, set the edge, don't overpursue, and eliminate the TE's. Force him to throw long into tight coverage. 

well, he won.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28253801/ravens-escape-bills-clinch-playoff-berth

Escape! 

After watching a double-digit fourth-quarter lead nearly get away from them, the Ravens couldn't celebrate until cornerback Marcus Peters deflected a fourth-down red zone pass from Josh Allen with 1 minute, 3 seconds remaining.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

What do we do after a win? Str8 to the Bills msg board and run out mouths!???lmaoooo compensate much 

What’s the saying?? 

Act like you’ve been there before? 

This guy sounds like a jock rider. Was probably on mahomes last year, Brady before that. 

Just now, Rick 'r Mortis said:

So I'm confused. Are you saying he's not an MVP candidate? Are you calling him out? Feels like it. 

He did what he had to do to win. That's what MVPs do.

I'm saying he is not an MVP. I'm saying that he is a great read-option QB on a great winning organization and nothing more. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

The book on him is out? He threw 3 TDs and didn’t look nearly as rattled or erratic as Allen. So many horrible takes on Lamar. He’s having a great season.

I agree; our defense played great, Baltimore was well contained the entire game, they didn't get many big plays all day, and yet...

When the game is over they have 24 points and a win.

If Allen was capable of that we'd be a legit Super Bowl contender right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

that doesn’t mean he wasn’t brought down to earth some. 

how many punts?  With all the God talk the Ravens never punt.  

The one school yard TD was gifted by the Refs not flagging 12 men in the huddle.  
Sure it still could have happened but then again it might not have.   

That was so bad.  That and the uncalled PI on Foster.

I wish one of the reporters would have asked McDermott about the 12 men not called penalty.  He was really hot.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RavensLord1 said:

Buffalo "one playoff game every 20 years" Bills

He's clearly the MVP your are just blinded by how butthurt you are.

The bills are arguably the best defense in the NFL and he threw 3 TDs. 

I'd argue Russel Wilson but I think it will come down between those 2.

I take nothing away from Lamar but this O he is running has a limited shelf life. It may well start to sour later this year in the playoffs when the game speeds up. If and when they next play the Pats I believe Belly will be ready. Ravens will more likely go as far as their D can take them. Comparisons of Lamar with Mahomes are very inaccurate IMO. Right now PM is capable of  executing a fully diversified attack at a high level. Lamar is not, at least for now. 

Our D, which is disciplined and plays fast, was a good test, but McD and Frazier really are amongst the very best in the business when it comes to preparing/scheming for a specific opponent. Kudos to them.

55 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

So my opinion is outlawed? 

Who said that?

You sound like you don't want Lamar Jackson to be regarded as highly as he's been or to have continued success, which seems very strange to me.

He threw three TD's and made a few high degree of difficulty throws either from the pocket or on the move that should've been caught by his receivers; he played as well as one could expect playing against a top 3 defense. 

He's a good pocket passer, who like Josh Allen could improve on his mechanics to be an even better, more consistent passer. 

• Haha (+1) 1