Singletary continues to impress!

23 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

I like his game a lot, but he is lacking speed. He finds the hole but is missing the burst to turn 8 or 10 yard runs into 20 or 30 yard runs

If he had the speed he would have been a 1st round pick. Not many guys have his vision, contact balance and elusiveness with break away speed.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Im not drafting a back to be a pass blocker, that ups to the line to do a better job. 

Disagree about Singletary, he is most definitely a feature back and this season has proven it . The point i was making to the other poster is he cant be the only one making plays we need better weapons at the receiver position.

I’m not sure if I’d go so far as to call him a feature back, but he’s definitely a lead back in a committee or part of a 1-2 punch. He really reminds me if Tiki Barber in a lot of ways... Similar size, slippery, will break arm tackles, burst in the box, versitile, lacks Ferrari speed. Match him up with a hammer to wear down defenses and then Singletary will pop off some back breaking runs late in games. 

23 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

I like his game a lot, but he is lacking speed. He finds the hole but is missing the burst to turn 8 or 10 yard runs into 20 or 30 yard runs

How many 20-30 yard runs does any back get in a season?

On 12/8/2019 at 5:30 PM, Rc2catch said:

Lol this is one of those fun things to go back and look at the draft threads and how many people FREAKED out we wasted a pick on a slow guy whose game would never translate to the pro level. People went nuts when we picked him 

I have a hard time squaring two thoughts.  When you read his RB RAS as around 1 but then watch him make moves that leave tacklers stumbling and wrapping up air you wonder how both can be true.  I would have thought either you are a quick twitch, extremely agile, freakish athlete or not.  Hopefully he gives us many years as a Bill to ponder it.

Singletary (which was a pick I hated, more so because I thought they could have gotten him later) has impressed a lot. He is probably going to knock on 1000 yards (850-900) which is impressive for a rookie let alone a rookie that missed games due to injury and split time and wasn't the lead back until late. He kind of reminds me of a Lev Bell type runner, super patient, good speed, and a low center of power. I don't think he is quite as patient as Bell (although he could develop that) and I think Bell is a greater pass catcher but that is the type of player Singletary reminds me of.