Singletary continues to impress!

Just now, ToGoGo said:

I thought it was strange at the time too. Like, why not take a moment to consider WHY a competent front office like ours might've made that move instead of just freaking out. 

After watching some college videos, I understood. He's elusive and has great vision. If he was fast, he would've gone in the 1st. Did fans want Adrian Peterson in the 3rd round? We had aging RB and Shady just had a shaky year.

Sometimes I'm proud of our fanbase, but sometimes I just wish they would think before speaking and have more thoughtful opinions. 

I fully agree. I had no clue who he was but one video clip and I had faith they knew he was a great change of pace guy and would have some success. That shiftiness is elite even if he’s not a homerun hitter 

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Lol this is one of those fun things to go back and look at the draft threads and how many people FREAKED out we wasted a pick on a slow guy whose game would never translate to the pro level. People went nuts when we picked him 

Many, but not me! I had never heard of the guy so I had no opinion. But when I saw how pumped @Kirby Jackson was I got excited myself. I don’t know how so many of you keep up with this stuff, but there are some guys who know their stuff! 

Props to Kirby. You nailed this one. And so did the Bills! 

• Thank you (+1) 3

14 hours ago, VirginiaMike said:

I continue to be impressed by Singletary.  The offense would have been no where without him today.  it was a smart move to release Shady (although I do love him) and we'll need to get a 2nd RB next year as I do not see bringing Gore back.

McCaffrey would be perfect

14 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Cant run him every play, as he was used a lot in this game. Could have used on blitz pickups thats for sure , Allen was getting killed back there.

He's 5' 7", maybe 200#.  He's not going to stop many blitzers.

He's a decent back, but not a feature back.  They need a big fast playmaker in the backfield.

He was really good yesterday, except for that drop.

However, during his longest run I had a feeling that if he wasn't focused on stiffarming defenders who were actually behind him but solely on straight run to the endzone, it could have been TD. I just rewatched the whole thing and it still looks like that to me.

Can you guys have a look?

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Seriously what is the point of gore at this point. He’s done. They need to activate Yeldon and get him going in the passing game at least. Just another weapon to use out of the backfield. 

I get angry seeing him on the field.  If it’s not a negative play it’s a yard or two.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

I don't understand why Daboll doesn't use him even more than he does. Yes, they were stacking the box, but his forte is making people miss and turning nothing into something. People here are saying we need a bigger back, but why? Singletary routinely moves piles. Surprising but true. Bigger, upright backs (remember Carwell Gardner?) often can't do that. I've said this elsewhere, but he reminds me of Thurman Thomas in his first year, when he too was underutilized but had a high average and showed he could catch the ball. Sure, find Singletary a Kenny Davis type to back him up, but I'm fine with him as a feature back. Look at it this way: he hasn't been shut down yet, except by Daboll. Which is more likely to succeed on third and three: a long bomb by a QB who may be historically inaccurate on throws over 30 yards, or a run by Singletary, who averages five yards a carry? Give him some sweeps and screens--remember those?--and ride him, not Allen. 

56 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's a decent back, but not a feature back.  They need a big fast playmaker in the backfield.

Like the way he wiggles and makes them miss. Having said that, watching the game yesterday it appeared like Wink Martindale was not worried about him stopping many blitzers. As a matter of fact, he got blown up a few times, expect more of it.

17 hours ago, Kiva said:

That drop in the flat, wide open though.  Professionals don’t miss those. 

He is a good RB with protection. Doesn’t really specialize in anything. 

Stop using him as a WR. 

He's been a much better pass catcher than expected. His big knock coming out was his receiving skills. BTW, that was a tough catch for any receiver. Let's get on Beasley and Knox while we're at it.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Im not drafting a back to be a pass blocker, that ups to the line to do a better job. 

Disagree about Singletary, he is most definitely a feature back and this season has proven it . The point i was making to the other poster is he cant be the only one making plays we need better weapons at the receiver position.

22 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I completely agree. The NFL is now a 2 RB system. Look at Ingram and Edward's today for Baltimore. I see McD drafting Jonathan Taylor in the late 1st to be our RB1 and Singletary RB2. We had way too many 2nd & 9's today. Then draft a wr in the 2nd round. Hopefully somebody better than Zay. We still are missing a true #1 receiver.

I think it’ll be Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson. I suspect we’ll be adding a few linemen too on both sides of the ball.