Andre Roberts is a waste on the 46

TPS

27 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Someone needs to advise him that returning kickoffs from the end zone when you pretty consistently can't get beyond the 25 is not a good idea.

You can't take it to the house without bringing it out.  I love when he brings it out.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

You can't take it to the house without bringing it out.  I love when he brings it out.

Yep, I’d rather risk a few yards in starting field position for the chance to break off a big one. The risk/reward is definitely worth it. 

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MDH said:

Yep, I’d rather risk a few yards in starting field position for the chance to break off a big one. The risk/reward is defiantly worth it. 

Note how this thread started after playing the Ravens - a team coached by a former ST coach who have traditionally had great STs. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Yea there's not a massive difference between the 22 or 23 yard line and the 25. I'd even argue there's not much of a difference between the 20 and 25. 

By bringing it out it also forces the kicking team to cover and show they can cover the kick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea there's not a massive difference between the 22 or 23 yard line and the 25. I'd even argue there's not much of a difference between the 20 and 25. 

By bringing it out it also forces the kicking team to cover and show they can cover the kick.

I generally agree, but bringing it out also leads to those damn "half the distance to the goal" penalties.  Which seem to happen all the time on returns, and those really back you up.

On 12/8/2019 at 5:17 PM, StHustle said:

You have any evidence pointing to this or just some unsubstantiated opinion of yours?

Well, it may be similarly as unsubstantiated as the opinions of those who think Duke is a world beater.

Andre deserves a spot on the active roster just for his great hands & sound decision making back there on punt & kickoff returns. Been a fan since 1970 & seem to have spent most years holding my breath every kick, hoping that there wouldn't be some bone-headed play or devastating turnover  back there . It is a pleasure to not be dreading some disastrous, game killing mistake every kick return. I can live with the periodic failures to make it out to at least the 25 yard line on kickoffs - just for the peace of mind he provides back there.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/8/2019 at 5:18 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Andre has been a surprising disappointment. He hasn't busted 1 good kickoff or punt return all season.  But our punt and kickoff block coverage might be the worst in the league. Farwell is actually worse than Crossman. 

No TD returns but he has had a 60 plus harder and a few other good returns. My eyes see a guy who runs hard but has yet to have a clear field to really turn it on. Personally, I like Roberts. Shore up the rest of the unit then he'll really shine 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/8/2019 at 5:11 PM, TPS said:

Something I've been thinking about and today confirms it for me.  The Bill's return game isn't good enough to waste a spot dressing Roberts. 

I believe they'd be better off dressing Duke.  

Duke doesn't bring anything to WR corps that's unique except he has some size.  Doesn't gain separation vs Outside CBs.  He like Andre would be 4th or 5th WR.  Duke can't play STs, can't get deep, can't run jet sweep or Reverse.

McKenzie and Foster bring speed advantage and Foster is a gunner on STs.  Think that is the reason we see him over Duke.  

Andre is a returner other teams fear btw.

On 12/8/2019 at 5:18 PM, skibum said:

Seriously? He was one of the only non-Defensive Bills to do his job competently all day today. He caught all the balls that came to him, for example. The days of Devin Hester are long gone - big returns just don't happen much anymore.

Steelers rook had a nice one last week. 

15 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Someone needs to advise him that returning kickoffs from the end zone when you pretty consistently can't get beyond the 25 is not a good idea.

you do realize the coaches give him the green light to take those kickoffs out right? 

Edited by JoPoy88

On 12/8/2019 at 5:13 PM, Kiva said:

I agee, why did we sign him? He is constantly not making it to the twenty and costing us yards. He’s not fast. 

Duke doesn’t have the skill to turn into anything special. I think they are both gone next year. 

He is very fast. he is a pro bowler btw

where is his blocking

your and idiot

: )

On 12/8/2019 at 5:14 PM, Lurker said:

Agreed.  He's lost his speed.    Nothing left in the tank...

trade him for a 4th while we still can