Andre Roberts is a waste on the 46

TPS

Something I've been thinking about and today confirms it for me.  The Bill's return game isn't good enough to waste a spot dressing Roberts. 

I believe they'd be better off dressing Duke.  

• Like (+1) 13
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I agee, why did we sign him? He is constantly not making it to the twenty and costing us yards. He’s not fast. 

Duke doesn’t have the skill to turn into anything special. I think they are both gone next year. 

Seriously? He was one of the only non-Defensive Bills to do his job competently all day today. He caught all the balls that came to him, for example. The days of Devin Hester are long gone - big returns just don't happen much anymore.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

You have any evidence pointing to this or just some unsubstantiated opinion of yours?

uh. Is this a serious question? He had his shot and failed, he’s been inactive since. He has RAW potential but is not good. Don’t think he sees the field again this year and we release him during off season. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, TPS said:

Something I've been thinking about and today confirms it for me.  The Bill's return game isn't good enough to waste a spot dressing Roberts. 

I believe they'd be better off dressing Duke.  

He's not an issue for the Bills.  He's not the reason Duke isn't dressing either.  This reasoning is misplaced.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They need to draft two wideouts.  Go get KJ Hamler from Penn State and drop Roberts.

McD will still dress special teams dynamo sinorice Perry. Guy constantly over does it with special teams at the expense of the offense. One or both of Julian Stanford and Sinorice Perry should be inactive to help the offense with guys like Yeldon, Duke, or Sweeney.

You’re telling me Yeldon wouldn’t have helped underneath catching short passes today on those cover 0 blitzes? He did great against NE in that role. Or maybe Duke gets you a physical catch today against a physical defense that bullied our diminutive receivers. Sweeney can’t be worse than Kroft. Guy is invisible. 

Edited by TheProcess

I think he's one of the elite returners in the NFL. He's been a bit unlucky on returns, but that's the NFL in 2019 for you. 

Do we really want Hyde out there risking injury? Or some special teamer who might muff the kick? Roberts will get us those 7 extra yards on a punt every time. I like having stability back there. I wouldn't mind seeing Duke given a shot, but not at the expense of Roberts. 

• Like (+1) 6