How many drops?

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Def not disputing that

Some mook (you know the same ones every damn week....but they are supposid fans) said it was a "inaccurate throw"

It was not a inaccurate throw.....the WR had a chance to make a play on the ball.....Brown does not "pluck" it.he does not extend his arms and go to the ball with his hands....Peters partially then defects it..Brown does not  make the play

We hae SEEN Duke make plays like this...because he shields the defender with his body and "squeezes" the ball to secure it.

THat is what is missing on this team

After posting I sat here trying to think when the last time the Bills hit on a big time play like that.  It's a tough catch but it's one we see almost weekly.  They have to be able to make these plays to win.

3 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

No pass protection will do that to a QB

it wasn’t bad pass protection, they sent jail break blitzes and we tried to go for deep routes.  There were no quick slants to counter the blitz.  We send a massive blitz, ravens hit quick slant to TE for 60 yard TD.  That’s on the OC and J.A. for not recognizing the blitz and/or doing anything about it. 

1 minute ago, Rbleyle said:

it wasn’t bad pass protection, they sent jail break blitzes and we tried to go for deep routes.  There were no quick slants to counter the blitz.  We send a massive blitz, ravens hit quick slant to TE for 60 yard TD.  That’s on the OC and J.A. for not recognizing the blitz and/or doing anything about it. 

The line got abused today.  I agree though no screen passes, no quick slants to counter the pass rush was also a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Great observation!  The deep balls to Beasley & Singleterry were on target and as Fouts noted if Singleterry runs through the catch it might have gone for 6. 

I wasn't even thinking of the Singetary one, I was thinking of the one that Knox caught one handed. The pass to Singletary I consider a wash. It was off by a fingertip. I didn't come away from this game thinking deep accurscy lost it for us. Our inability to handle a blitz killed us all day long. Whether that be on Allen or Daboll or whoever, a change is needed.

2 hours ago, BananaB said:

Singletarys drop would of been some solid yards, the corner bit on his juke pretty hard as he picked it up and took off. 

I thought the DB saw the ball on the ground and dove for it.  I haven't watched the broadcast yet so I may change my opinion.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

That was a very difficult play. Tough to call that a clear drop by McKenzie.

Nothing close to the drops by Knox today, and the sideline drop by Singletary.

It hit him in the chest and was a great pass.  Not a drop, but it was right there.

10 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

Defender got his hand on the ball, not a drop!

Did he though?? I couldn't tell, I was coming to this forum to confirm.

It looked like the ball got to Brown to me.  Tight defense non the less.

Seriously Knox needs to spend this entire week infront of that jugs machine. If he could actually catch the ball, he could very good. 

14 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Josh didn't look to run at all on that last play.  It parted right down the middle for him with nobody there in the middle.  Probably gets a 1st down.

LP.JPG

They were bringing an all out blitz and had sacked him 6 times in the game. He was definitely seeing ghosts and probably wanted to get rid of the ball as soon as possible. The o-line blocked really well on the last play but too little too late. I don’t blame him at all for not looking for a running lane. 

12 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Seriously Knox needs to spend this entire week infront of that jugs machine. If he could actually catch the ball, he could very good. 

They were bringing an all out blitz and had sacked him 6 times in the game. He was definitely seeing ghosts and probably wanted to get rid of the ball as soon as possible. The o-line blocked really well on the last play but too little too late. I don’t blame him at all for not looking for a running lane. 

I don't blame him either, but he will be sick when he sees the film.

• Like (+1) 1