How many drops?

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

LOL WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.....it hit him right in the hands.

If he plucks the ball instead of letting letting it get into his body Peters doesnt even knock it away.....Brown has been good this year but that is def one of his issues..a big strong WR with long arms CATCHES that

I dont know.  Watching it live it looked like a bit more leading might have helped.  A big time WR catches that though.

4 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Looks like Peters slightly tipped it. I tried to go frame by frame but it definitely hit brown in the hands. Thanks for the video!

No problem.

5 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

I dont know.  Watching it live it looked like a bit more leading might have helped.  A big time WR catches that though.

It was a slant route.  Peters was on his hip the whole play.  Leading him does what?  You think he suddenly gets more separation?  Allen's ball placement is fine.  If the receiver doesn't make a play then the play wasn't there.  

Brown should have gone back to the ball for that last one. All the Bills needed was a FIRST DOWN, they didn't have to score of that play.

Josh missed quite a few, the OLine was a cheese full of holes way too often, and receivers had key drops. Yet the Bills were close. This team is legit, even if incomplete still.

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No problem.

It was a slant route.  Peters was on his hip the whole play.  Leading him does what?  You think he suddenly gets more separation?  Allen's ball placement is fine.  If the receiver doesn't make a play then the play wasn't there.  

Why yes, yes I do.  The concept on the slant is to break away from the defender.  If the ball is placed in front of him a bit more then he can flatten just a touch rather than slowing a half step.  My opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

For one, we don't have to go back to previous games.  It was terrible today.

He was inaccurate on two deep passes today. He was accurate on two deep passes. And one other deep pass was a miscommunication. That's a pretty average day for deep ball accuracy. Far from terrible. There were much worse problems on the offense today.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

God the more I watch this play from different angles the more I am putting this on Brown completely.  I mean its a tough catch because the defender is all over him (nothing illegal) but it hits both his hands.  The defender did not knock this ball away Brown knocked his own ball away.  Other screen grab I posted shows the ball clearly in Browns right hand.  That angle looked like the defender had his hand on ball.  This angle clearly shows Browns left hand on ball with the defenders arm hitting air...  Just so difficult to tell. Doesn't really matter.  Bills came up short.

1636284170_hands3.thumb.jpg.6717dd136b85bea3b8e9af19c87f39b6.jpghands2.thumb.jpg.dd6d25fbf36af7ff9ebf9dd1464bfe15.jpg

7 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Why yes, yes I do.  The concept on the slant is to break away from the defender.  If the ball is placed in front of him a bit more then he can flatten just a touch rather than slowing a half step.  My opinion.

Watch the video I posted above from the receiver angle.  There was no way Brown was breaking away no matter where Allen put the ball.

Edited by Scott7975

When people say that this team needs a “true #1 WR”, what we mean is; someone who can be counted on in all situations to catch the ball. 

Currently, there is not one on this roster. 

Today’s game is won on either of Knox’s drops (the one in the end zone particularly comes to mind). He’s a rookie, and is in a big pressure spot, it’s not excusable, but he’s shown enough to build on. 

Beasley and Brown, there are no excuses for their drops. If it hits your hands, you need to catch it. 

Hopefully Beane and company and continue to work their magic and find a WR with excellent hands to help make the difference on this team. 

54 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

LOL WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.....it hit him right in the hands.

If he plucks the ball instead of letting letting it get into his body Peters doesnt even knock it away.....Brown has been good this year but that is def one of his issues..a big strong WR with long arms CATCHES that

Bingo.  It's not Smokes fault he isn't a big dude but that pass goes for a TD if the receiver was any number of the big bodied guys making catches in the NFL.  Yes the defender made a great play on the ball but we are the only team in the NFL that doesn't have a big guy that can basically box out DB's.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Dropped TD by MacKenzie.

I didn't see the Brown pass deflected.

That was a very difficult play. Tough to call that a clear drop by McKenzie.

Nothing close to the drops by Knox today, and the sideline drop by Singletary.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He was inaccurate on two deep passes today. He was accurate on two deep passes. And one other deep pass was a miscommunication. That's a pretty average day for deep ball accuracy. Far from terrible. There were much worse problems on the offense today.

Great observation!  The deep balls to Beasley & Singleterry were on target and as Fouts noted if Singleterry runs through the catch it might have gone for 6.  I would also say that Allen had a 3rd accurate deep ball and that was the one he thew to Foster in which the Ravens DB clearly interfered.  If the DB doesn't interfere that's a catch. 

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

That was a very difficult play. Tough to call that a clear drop by McKenzie.

Nothing close to the drops by Knox today, and the sideline drop by Singletary.

Here's my problem with that route by McKenzie.  A more seasoned WR might have taken one more step to the inside (knowing Allen was breaking to the right) drawing the defender in before switching directions and heading to the sideline.  This would have gotten him another yard of room to work and made it impossible for the DB to close the distance and get a hand in there.  My guess is that this is what they'll talk about after watching film tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Def not disputing that

Some mook (you know the same ones every damn week....but they are supposid fans) said it was a "inaccurate throw"

It was not a inaccurate throw.....the WR had a chance to make a play on the ball.....Brown does not "pluck" it.he does not extend his arms and go to the ball with his hands....Peters partially then defects it..Brown does not  make the play

We hae SEEN Duke make plays like this...because he shields the defender with his body and "squeezes" the ball to secure it.

THat is what is missing on this team

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I would include the Foster Non-call PI play as sort of a “drop.” A good receiver goes up with strong hands and makes that catch. Go get the ball! 

there were a lot of drops, but the one that was the most frustrating was the Beasley one. One of the most athletic scrambles and throws you will ever see from a QB and then to place the ball perfectly on his hands in stride on a big third down. That was a real

disappointment. 

It was hard for Foster to do that while he was being pushed down by the defender.

Horible non-call by the officials.

• Like (+1) 1