How many drops?

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I don’t view the last one to be a drop as much as good defense by Peters.  

However, I do challenge why Brown wasn’t cutting in more allowing Peters to stay with him 

I think Josh threw that a little  early as there was pressure coming on him...It was a 4th down call...Hard to get those correct...The more accurate throw should have been to Singletary on the sideline...that would have been a walk in TD.

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

The Bills defense is legit and it should get better in the coming year. Today it became very clear to me that the offense has a lot of work to do to catch up to the defense. 

defense has a lot of draft capital invested they should be miles ahead of the offense

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

LOL.  The last pass of the game was Allen's THIRD TD left on the field because of his accuracy problems. 

If he leads him a bit WTit's a catch.  He threw it slightly behind and pulled Brown back into the defender.

Accuracy matters at this level.

LOL WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.....it hit him right in the hands.

If he plucks the ball instead of letting letting it get into his body Peters doesnt even knock it away.....Brown has been good this year but that is def one of his issues..a big strong WR with long arms CATCHES that

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

LOL.  The last pass of the game was Allen's THIRD TD left on the field because of his accuracy problems. 

If he leads him a bit more it's a catch.  He threw it slightly behind and pulled Brown back into the defender.

Accuracy matters at this level.

Brown also slipped a little coming out of his break giving peters time to make a play.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Technically it was.  It hit him in the hands.  The defender didn't actually touch the ball.  Although not all drops are equal.  

Did it hit him in the hands? Looked like peters deflected it from our replays. Any one have a clip of this play?

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

I would include the Foster Non-call PI play as sort of a “drop.” A good receiver goes up with strong hands and makes that catch. Go get the ball! 

there were a lot of drops, but the one that was the most frustrating was the Beasley one. One of the most athletic scrambles and throws you will ever see from a QB and then to place the ball perfectly on his hands in stride on a big third down. That was a real

disappointment. 

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

LOL WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.....it hit him right in the hands.

If he plucks the ball instead of letting letting it get into his body Peters doesnt even knock it away.....Brown has been good this year but that is def one of his issues..a big strong WR with long arms CATCHES that

We rewound it a couple times and it looked like Peters deflected it. Can’t find any clips with a different angle from the live view

5 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Brown also slipped a little coming out of his break giving peters time to make a play.

Did it hit him in the hands? Looked like peters deflected it from our replays. Any one have a clip of this play?

SDS posted a screen grab somewhere but I see the replay too and although it was fast and hard to tell... I don't think the defender touched it.

Just now, Bangarang said:

Looked like a good pass breakup

Did you see the screen grab SDS posted?

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

SDS posted a screen grab somewhere but I see the replay too and although it was fast and hard to tell... I don't think the defender touched it.

Did you see the screen grab SDS posted?

Do you know where the screenshot is? Only one I could find was one pointing out an open receiver short.

Edit- found one that doesn’t really show anything either way because of the angle in the post game thread

4 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Do you know where the screenshot is? Only one I could find was one pointing out an open receiver short

I made one of a better angle actually....

Untitled.jpg

Its really hard to tell because the play is so fast.  The defender might have nicked it but ultimately the ball hit Brown in both hands.

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No it doesn't but you can see the ball hit both of Browns hands.  Ill try to get another angle.

Do you have the video or a link? That would be easier.

angle we saw it looked like peters got it and it deflected just above where brown had his hands.

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Do you have the video or a link? That would be easier

Actually zooming in I can see... Brown has Right hand on ball.  Left hand is pinned by defenders arm.  Defender has his hand on other side of ball knocking it away.. Great play by defender.

Yes link...

hands.jpg

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 1