John Brown has disappeared

BananaB

25 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Teams are taking him out of the game pretty easy. 

because he is not a No1 WR. That should be the No1 priority for this team. A legit top WR with Brown on other side and Beasley in the slot 

1 minute ago, OZBILLS said:

Gee whiz he has one tough game and now we are cutting him!

He was a drop away from winning the game for us. It's a fine line

In his last 3 games he has about 90 yards total and less the 10 catches. How is that not getting taken out of games?

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What has disappeared is the deep in that Allen and Brown connected on so often earlier in the season. I don't know if teams have taken that away or Daboll has not called it as often.  Brown was wide open on that deep ball. If Allen leads him to the pylon its a TD but Allen through it up the seam.

Wait I thought Allen had not completed any deep throws earlier in the season.  Now I’m so confused

23 minutes ago, MDH said:

Why do people think “WR1” equals “HoF type WR”? 

Brown is one of the top 32 WR in the league. He’s a WR 1.

Is he elite? No, but all the guys people list as elite are guys who will garner serious HoF consideration.

It was sarcasm hence the “...”

I have always thought Brown was more of a role player. He has speed, solid hands and run ok routes. We need a #1 WR very badly, it would open things up for so many players if we did. I don’t feel like we have 1 player on this offense that demands a double team. Brown is bracketed sometimes but usually is single covered.

20 minutes ago, eanyills said:

Except that the deep play was there, several times, at least three where the Ravens secondary was cleanly beat deep. If the QB makes those throws, this game might of got out of hand for the Ravens.

We’re not very good if we have to “warm up” first. If the shot is there, you take it.

Play to your QB’s strengths. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No one said that.  But he hasn’t disappeared if one sees him making plays

He’s our #1 WR, it’s great he’s still working but teams are obviously having success limiting his opportunities to make catches.

33 minutes ago, MDH said:

Why do people think “WR1” equals “HoF type WR”? 

Brown is one of the top 32 WR in the league. He’s a WR 1.

Is he elite? No, but all the guys people list as elite are guys who will garner serious HoF consideration.

Because we demand perfection every single game!

31 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

John Brown is a WR1.  He didn't make the play on 4th down at the end, like many of his brethren today on offense who failed to make plays when they were there to be had.  The McKittrick TD drop was the worst, with the Knox first down drop second.  We had to settle for FG's from both plays, which cost us the game.  Brown failing to catch the ball was just the cherry on the cake.  The Baltimore defender didn't touch the ball.  Brown just didn't make the play.

What are you talking about. Peters clearly got a hand on the ball before it got there.