This was an excellent EXCELLENT Game!

Bakin

No one should be freaking out about this loss. 

It highlighted some of our known weaknesses on offense: Pass protection, lack of a playmaker, Knox's inexperience, dropped passes, WRs getting separation, Allen still progressing, no long ball, etc, etc...

But, the bottom line is that we just lost to the best team in the NFL, and did exactly one FG worse than the 49ers. And, we fought to the last play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Really?

Imagine the melt down here if they dont convert it?

really. i don't  really care if this place would have a bunch of melted snowflakes had they not made it. sorry but i'm just being honest.

24 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It would have been excellent if we won but we didn’t so it wasnt

A Bills game, even to a Bills fan, can be excellent even if we lose.

Super Bowl XXV was as good a Super bowl as has been played.  

It was also probably the most painful Bills loss I can recall.

That's part of the epic stature of that game in history.

25 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

We showed them we can beat their ass, but lost the game?  ???

Yes. We didn’t win this time. But I think we can run with the best in the conference. The game showed me that even though we lost today. 

20 minutes ago, chaccof said:

I was wondering about that too...the team has 9 wins entirely against teams with losing records (okay - technical Dallas had a winning record when they played the Bills but have more or less been exposed) and they've lost three games to teams with winning records and one game to the Browns...Of the three key aspects to football, the defense has clearly outclassed the offense and special teams this year.  Maybe next year will be the year.  Will be interesting to see how the team does in the wildcard game.   

Titans?

29 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Obviously hate the result.

but Man was it ever a GREAT GAME. 

OUTSTANDING

1. Our D

These guys mostly played SUPERBLY. 

We gave Lamar his hardest day in a while. 
THE Bills D outplayed the Ravens offence. I know that the score doesn’t say that (nor will the stats probably) but that’s what I saw. 

2. Homefield

You guys sounded loud and crazy today off the TV screen. You definitely did your part. 

LESS THAN OUTSTANDING

1. Our O
The biggest reason for the offensive struggles is simple - Baltimore has an excellent defense. Fast and aggressive and smart. Not so much because Daboll or Josh (none of whom called or played a very good game)....but the Ravens are just tough MFers.  
The drops were insanely bad today. 
The line was more poreous than usual. 
Josh made a lot of mistakes, too. 
Team effort, it was. 

2. The Refs.

Pretty bad. 
Nuff said. 

3. McDermott

No PI challenge?  Meh I think I would have thrown it. I know it’s hard to overturn these and we had time to decide (as it happened at the end of the quarter). 
Timeout at 25 seconds left in the half?  Why??  Run it down to 3 seconds and kick. Result was ok, no harm no foul, but that’s poor clock management. I thought the clock was managed relatively poorly today. We didn’t get that ‘one last chance’ that having 3 timeouts allots you. 

Heartbreaking loss but we showed the BEST in the AFC that we can beat their ass. 

till we meet again, Baltimore......

Dude I’m depressed after watching this , not because we lost but I thought we took a step forward ( on offense) and that these kind of performances were behind us , guess I was wrong , I hate to feel this way but I lost all the confidence in this offense moving forward , 

BUT I’m glad you enjoyed it !!!!

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Really?

Imagine the melt down here if they dont convert it?

I was thinking the same thing. 
From my cushy seat at the bar :)

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

And this is as expected from a Bills fan who hasn't seen a great game in years.....

New Orleans SF was an EXCELLENT GAME!!!!!

This was not.....

Different kind of excellent.
Lots of points.
All O no D. 

Bills Ravens was a smash mouth game. 
9ers Saints was an offensive ballet. 

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

Dude I’m depressed after watching this , not because we lost but I thought we took a step forward ( on offense) and that these kind of performances were behind us , guess I was wrong , I hate to feel this way but I lost all the confidence in this offense moving forward , 

BUT I’m glad you enjoyed it !!!!

Yup. Depressing result. 
we didn’t play our best. 
On to Pittsburgh. 

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

We have heard that throughout the season, but continue to see the same faults.

For example, I thought Allen was now beyond those panic lame duck lob throws he made late in the game.  He was under extreme duress in the pocket and threw a lob up for grabs out of sheer panic.  Should have been an easy interception but harmlessly fell to the ground.

If he shows he doesn't learn from this stuff I don't think it can be called a learning experience.

Been a long time little buddy. Where you been hiding?

Renewed faith in Hauschka.  Defense had a great game plan and executed.  Let's hope both carry it over to Pittsburgh where we won't have to deal with Lamar.

This game feels a lot like the Pats game where a great defensive effort was wasted by an inept offense who made a lot of mistakes.  Luckily, they play better on the road.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bakin said:

I was thinking the same thing. 
From my cushy seat at the bar :)

Different kind of excellent.
Lots of points.
All O no D. 

Bills Ravens was a smash mouth game. 
9ers Saints was an offensive ballet. 

Defenses were great and a ton of mistakes too....

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Not even going to read your post stupid thread how could it be a great game Geeeezz!!!

stupid reply....

You do understand that football games can

be excellent games (competitive and exciting)...even when your team doesn’t win?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

Is it me, or did the refs miss a lot of holding calls today? (not to mention that obvious PI call?)

They also gifted us a 15 yard flag for a phantom unnecessary roughness penalty on Allen in that scrum and gave us a free shot at winning the game on the "PI" call against Beasley.  He just took a dive on that.

Folks here love to B word about the refs.  It evens out for the most part.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

They also gifted us a 15 yard flag for a phantom unnecessary roughness penalty on Allen in that scrum and gave us a free shot at winning the game on the "PI" call against Beasley.  He just took a dive on that.

I agree. I believe they missed holds on our guys, as well. I don't think they had any particular bias. I also think they tend to "let the guys play," so to speak, during nationally televised games.

I think we proved today that we're in the 2nd tier of teams in the NFL. I mean, if we beat our easy schedule, that proves that we're consistently better than those teams, right? And if we beat the "middling" Cowboys, that means we're better than middling, right? 

And if we lost to the Ravens by one score today due to a poor offensive performance, that means we're a lot closer to the best teams than the worst teams. And if the guy running that offense is 23 years old, then there is room to improve and eventually become a 1st tier team, right? I don't know, maybe I'm just Einstein or Tesla. 

Frankly, most QBs don't show up on the scene ready to destroy elite teams with elite defenses. You need to take some lumps and bruises and learn from your mistake and slowly get better. That's what Josh is doing, while dealing with added adversity from his supporting cast. And that's truly the difference between fan favorites like Mahomes and Jackson. They don't have to deal with the drops and poor pockets. 

One of the reasons I defend Josh so much is that I know what it feels like to know you're great at something, but people don't respect the adversity you have to deal with. All the while you see people doing better than you while giving less effort due to outside circumstances, and getting all the praise. What's worse is when the doubt comes from those closest to you. With me it was friends and family, for Josh it's much of the fanbase. It's tough, but that's what makes you stronger than the others.

Frankly, Jackson didn't impress me today. I think Tyrod had more to his game. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

They also missed a late hit to a sliding Allen. 
they missed quite a few obvious ones. 

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That is PI every single time (unless a NE DB doing it?).