This was an excellent EXCELLENT Game!

Bakin

Obviously hate the result.

but Man was it ever a GREAT GAME. 

OUTSTANDING

1. Our D

These guys mostly played SUPERBLY. 

We gave Lamar his hardest day in a while. 
THE Bills D outplayed the Ravens offence. I know that the score doesn’t say that (nor will the stats probably) but that’s what I saw. 

2. Homefield

You guys sounded loud and crazy today off the TV screen. You definitely did your part. 

LESS THAN OUTSTANDING

1. Our O
The biggest reason for the offensive struggles is simple - Baltimore has an excellent defense. Fast and aggressive and smart. Not so much because Daboll or Josh (none of whom called or played a very good game)....but the Ravens are just tough MFers.  
The drops were insanely bad today. 
The line was more poreous than usual. 
Josh made a lot of mistakes, too. 
Team effort, it was. 

2. The Refs.

Pretty bad. 
Nuff said. 

3. McDermott

No PI challenge?  Meh I think I would have thrown it. I know it’s hard to overturn these and we had time to decide (as it happened at the end of the quarter). 
Timeout at 25 seconds left in the half?  Why??  Run it down to 3 seconds and kick. Result was ok, no harm no foul, but that’s poor clock management. I thought the clock was managed relatively poorly today. We didn’t get that ‘one last chance’ that having 3 timeouts allots you. 

Heartbreaking loss but we showed the BEST in the AFC that we can beat their ass. 

till we meet again, Baltimore......

Edited by Bakin
  • Like (+1) 2

They didn't play that great today we should have been able to pull off a win but we couldn't block, catch, or throw. Sure, they have a good record and the MVP so you can celebrate if 7 point loss if you want...but that doesn't change our lack of execution. 

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

We showed them we can beat their ass, but lost the game?  ???

I was wondering about that too...the team has 9 wins entirely against teams with losing records (okay - technical Dallas had a winning record when they played the Bills but have more or less been exposed) and they've lost three games to teams with winning records and one game to the Browns...Of the three key aspects to football, the defense has clearly outclassed the offense and special teams this year.  Maybe next year will be the year.  Will be interesting to see how the team does in the wildcard game.   

2 minutes ago, HOF4LOU said:

When you know it is 4 down territory run on 3rd to get closer. We didnt do that once. 

Agreed.  I have my doubts that any teams looking for a new head coach are going to be trying to poach Daboll in the offseason... heh. 

22 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Obviously hate the result.

but Man was it ever a GREAT GAME. 

OUTSTANDING

1. Our D

These guys mostly played SUPERBLY. 

We gave Lamar his hardest day in a while. 
THE Bills D outplayed the Ravens offence. I know that the score doesn’t say that (nor will the stats probably) but that’s what I saw. 

2. Homefield

You guys sounded loud and crazy today off the TV screen. You definitely did your part. 

LESS THAN OUTSTANDING

1. Our O
The biggest reason for the offensive struggles is simple - Baltimore has an excellent defense. Fast and aggressive and smart. Not so much because Daboll or Josh (none of whom called or played a very good game)....but the Ravens are just tough MFers.  
The drops were insanely bad today. 
The line was more poreous than usual. 
Josh made a lot of mistakes, too. 
Team effort, it was. 

2. The Refs.

Pretty bad. 
Nuff said. 

3. McDermott

No PI challenge?  Meh I think I would have thrown it. I know it’s hard to overturn these and we had time to decide (as it happened at the end of the quarter). 
Timeout at 25 seconds left in the half?  Why??  Run it down to 3 seconds and kick. Result was ok, no harm no foul, but that’s poor clock management. I thought the clock was managed relatively poorly today. We didn’t get that ‘one last chance’ that having 3 timeouts allots you. 

Heartbreaking loss but we showed the BEST in the AFC that we can beat their ass. 

till we meet again, Baltimore......

there was dozens of people claiming the PI was a good defensive play on the GDT.  Then the same people were getting on McD for not challenging. ? 

if we scored a TD at the end there, i would have wanted us to go for two. it was just that kind of game.

i was pleasantly surprised how well our defensive game plan was effective. though, you might say they scored 24, how could it have been that effective. i think we played very well. offense not so much, obviously. odd game.

i hope we see them again this year. i expect a totally different type of game if we do.

Edited by Foxx

1 minute ago, Kiva said:

It was a good learning experience. Dr Jeckle and Mr. Hyde aka JA needs to be smarter. 

We have heard that throughout the season, but continue to see the same faults.

For example, I thought Allen was now beyond those panic lame duck lob throws he made late in the game.  He was under extreme duress in the pocket and threw a lob up for grabs out of sheer panic.  Should have been an easy interception but harmlessly fell to the ground.

If he shows he doesn't learn from this stuff I don't think it can be called a learning experience.

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Defense.    A

Offense.     D

Special teams.  C

Refs.      D

I'm sick and tired of waiting for our offense to just once pick up our defense. 

I would give the Refs a F for this game. Just a horrid all around job. I hope we never see this crew again.

• Like (+1) 2