Guys we are legit

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I disagree with your second sentence.

This game, Philly, NE, are what the playoff game is going to look like.

Allen will struggle against good teams and only good teams play in the playoffs.

Folks read too much into the Dallas win.  It was a big win for the franchise as a whole, but don't draw too much from Allen's performance.  Dallas is not a good team and will not be in the playoffs.

Texans and Chiefs are not New England and Baltimore. Chiefs and Texans would be our likely wild card opponents. They both have bad defenses. Which plays into our strength since our defense can limit their offenses and our offense can move the ball against bad defenses. We lose by 6 to the Patriots and 7 to the Ravens, two teams that match up well against us and you don't think we can beat the Texans (or any other team that wins that division) or the Chiefs? Look, it's the playoffs, of course we could lose, but I would fully expect us to have as good a chance as any team playing wild card weekend to win. 

Allen struggles against  good defenses. Not surprising. The MVP today didn't exactly move the ball against a good defense either. One short field and one busted coverage. The only teams we might possibly play wild card weekend that have good defenses, Titans and Colts, have suspect offenses. So again, we will have a good chance either way.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Probably not. He's a fringe roster WR.

You can claim it, but the evidence supports the Ravens over the 49ers.

If the Ravens lost to the Bills today, would you still say the Ravens are the best in the league because of a win they had last week?

The Bills are defiantly a good team and playoff worthy.

What worries me is that anytime they play a good D the game will be very close and they can easily lose to teams who, overall, aren’t as good.

The Bills are a more complete team than the Steelers but that game worries me because they cause turnovers and play very, very good D. Will we see a repeat performance from today’s O?

Much like today, one miscue on D could be the nail in the coffin. The O’s deficiencies means the D has to play nearly perfect. 

31 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’m emotional. Allen sucked, the receivers mostly sucked too.  The Ravens are better in every category and we should thank the refs for some of those points today because they kept drives alive that were snuffed out.

Oh yeah? What about the non call PI that would’ve put Buffalo deep in the Ravens territory when they were down 1 score? Those types of calls decide games

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If the Ravens lost to the Bills today, would you still say the Ravens are the best in the league because of a win they had last week?

They won today. They lead the AFC and beat the "best" team in NFC. Pretty clear they are the best team.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ravens have a ton of quality wins during their winning streak and half of them were blowout victories. I would say, yes, even with a loss today they could easily still be in the running for best in the league.

@ Seattle

vs. New England

vs. Texans

@ Rams

vs. 49ers

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This was a tough one against the best team in the league...but 3 of our 4 losses went down to the 4th quarter 2 going to the final play...we aren’t super bowl caliber yet but man this is the best I’ve felt about this franchise going forward since the Kelly days 

We are legit if we beat the Steelers in their place and turn historical performance on its head.

I'm not going to sing kum ba yah and then turn around and see us blow a spot for the playoffs because once again we can't beat a depleted Steelers team.

This season the Bills have exceeded expectations, but our target win must be at Heinz Field.

See you there!

EOBF

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

A win there wouldve been huge but honestly we cant get that upset today. Proved we could hang with the big boys.

Ravens have a great d and run game and both of those travel. but they are just as likely to get beat in the divisional as they are to get to the super bowl imo. Somebody is going to get a lead and make jackson a thrower

42 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This was a tough one against the best team in the league...but 3 of our 4 losses went down to the 4th quarter 2 going to the final play...we aren’t super bowl caliber yet but man this is the best I’ve felt about this franchise going forward since the Kelly days 

This was my takeaway as well.  The Bills are “playoff caliber” but not “super Bowl caiber”

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Oh yeah? What about the non call PI that would’ve put Buffalo deep in the Ravens territory when they were down 1 score? Those types of calls decide games

If you have been a Bills fan for more than a minute, you'd know getting jobbed by the refs is a yearly occurrence and we always have to play through it. ALWAYS

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

They won today. They lead the AFC and beat the "best" team in NFC. Pretty clear they are the best team.

Ok ,they are the "best".  You win.

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Ravens have a ton of quality wins during their winning streak and half of them were blowout victories. I would say, yes, even with a loss today they could easily still be in the running for best in the league.

@ Seattle

vs. New England

vs. Texans

@ Rams

vs. 49ers

In the running for sure.

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We can hang with anyone. We need a few extra pieces and more improvement from our QB to be able to go the next stage and BEAT anybody. 

Reasons to be encouraged. The sky is not falling. 

Baltimore's defensive line consistently applied pressure on Josh. They are good. But the most impressive part of Baltimore's defense was  the play of their defensive backfield. Peters pass defense on our last place play was clutch and a gem. 

Allen needs to play better than that; period. I know the OL was junk, pressure was intense, and there were some drops, but he left a ton of yards on the field. Too many errant throws today.

What's really needed offensively, and this would help JA, is a "weapon."

Who's our playmaker? Singletary? Ok. He's a nice player, but I'm not seeing a ton of EXPLOSION. McKenzie? Yeah. That's not good. What's missing offensively is better efficiency from Allen and a guy who can take a screen/bubble screen and turn it into something big. 

We needed to feed Singletary this game and have Josh dink and dunk to offset the constant blitzes.  There shouldn't have been 3 passes longer than 10 yards all day from Josh with the pressure he was under.

Just don't understand the offensive game plan today.

The world isn't ending with this loss, but it's frustrating to watch the Bills lose a game at home that they could have won. 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1