Guys we are legit

Agree OP. If there are ever moral victories it was today's game. Poor execution across the board from Allen, to big drops by Beasley and Knox, poor blocking by the line. Inexcusably letting a 270lbs TE out run the entire defense for a 60 yard TD. But we still had our shot in the end against hands down the best team in the league.  

Next week will be the game really have to have. There won't be any moral victory opportunities against the Steelers. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Personally I don't think this was anything like the Browns game. The Browns was a game we should have won against a team we are better than and we ballsed it up. This was always a very tough game. We had some chances but overall our offensive execution just wasn't quite where it needed to be. 

More about the sky is falling follies from the emotionally fragile. But I agree.

3 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

Catches up? Man we have three games left there isnt any catching up the offense is what it is

I wasn’t necessarily talking about this year. On the other hand, the offense has looked pretty good the last three games. I’m not giving up on it just because of a poor game today. Are you? To me that is not a rational position but just reacting to the negative  emotions after a loss.

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Draft priority List:

1- Wide received that can make contested catches 

2- RT

3- see 1 and 2

DE probably x2 after they let Shaq walk for some reason. Hughes is toast and Murphy is a liability. 

26 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This was a tough one against the best team in the league...but 3 of our 4 losses went down to the 4th quarter 2 going to the final play...we aren’t super bowl caliber yet but man this is the best I’ve felt about this franchise going forward since the Kelly days 

I disagree with title OP...the DEFENSE is legit...the offense is not....

They are a good team but flawed. Allen is a year away. OL still has serious issues. I don't think any of the 5 had a good game today. TE continues to be an issue with no consistency and no dominant play. DL can't generate enough pressure. Run defense is solid and pass defense is ok ( could be spectacular if they had any consistent pass rush).

Just now, SmokinES3 said:

All I want for Christmas is a 6'4" #1 receiver...and maybe a better pass protecting tackle.

That literally costs millions and millions of dollars, so I don't think anyone you know can afford such a lavish Christmas gift.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Draft priority List:

1- Wide received that can make contested catches 

2- RT

3- see 1 and 2

Not saying Duke is gonna be the next Randy Moss or anything and there’s a reason he’s been inactive but his hands and size would have helped today

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

Not saying Duke is gonna be the next Randy Moss and there’s a reason he’s been inactive but his hands and size would have helped today

Probably not. He's a fringe roster WR.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Yes.  Doesn't change my claim.  SF, today, is the best team in the league.

You can claim it, but the evidence supports the Ravens over the 49ers.

I agree the team looks good going forward.  As for this year, I have a hard time seeing them putting together a legit run for a Championship, or even being anything other than one and done...

Hopefully I am very wrong, and this team can step up to the plate and go get a quality win next week. Steelers shouldn’t be able to move the ball on this defense, if they get anything more than 17 points I will be disappointed. 

Allen needs to hit those deep throws.  I know all QBs miss them, but these are difference makers.  They put points on the board, open up the defense, and demoralize the defense.  He has to start hitting these big time throws if they are going to win these tough games. The intermediate stuff is great, and probably the most important component to sustained success, but it doesn’t negate the importance of being able to deliver a consistently catchable deep ball.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan