We need a big WR

bills6969

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Look at how far off he missed his deep throws on the first three drives.  It was by more than 5 yards on two of them. 

He didn't miss the deep pass to Brown. They were not on the same page. Looked to me like Allen thought he would run straight up the seam but Brown ran a little outside. If you're going to blame Allen for anything today it's that he didn't make quick decisions with the ball and couldnt beat the blitz. As usual I have trouble judging those plays in real time, I'll have to see what the all-22 shows. One play in particular I remember seeing Singletary open in the flat but Allen didn't look his way and ended up getting sacked. Other than that, in real time I didn't see anything open that he was missing.

Edited by HappyDays

Just now, HappyDays said:

He didn't miss the deep pass to Brown. They were not on the same page. Looked to me like Allen thought he would run straight up the seam but Brown ran a little inside. If you're going to blame Allen for anything today it's that he didn't make quick decisions with the ball and couldnt beat the blitz. As usual I have trouble judging those plays in real time, I'll have to see what the all-22 shows. One play in particular I remember seeing Singletary open in the flat but Allen didn't look his way and ended up getting sacked. Other than that, in real time I didn't see anything open that he was missing.

The pass to Foster, Foster wasn't evening running full speed until he saw the ball coming his way.  He turned on the jets to late.

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

The pass to Foster, Foster wasn't evening running full speed until he saw the ball coming his way.  He turned on the jets to late.

Could be, it's so hard to tell watching it live. The miss to Foster I can live with, that was a very difficult throw regardless. He hit the same tight throw to Beasley later on but Beasley dropped it. The miss to Knox was very bad, no excuse for that one.

32 minutes ago, mattynh said:

He has 6 career catches in the nfl.    Beasley catches everything too.....not

There's plenty of tape on Duke Williams to know his strengths, and weaknesses. Reliable hands are surely one of his strengths. But, it's pretty weird to say that he won't be able to catch a fast ball because he is tall.

6 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I wonder what the coaching staff is seeing, or not seeing, in practice to keep Duke inactive. 

Does anybody here have any suspicions about what it is? 

being stubborn  He's worth a look  Foster isnt doing anything and mcKenzie is useless other than running bubble screens and the jet sweep we seem to have abandoned Nothing else he would be effective in the red zone and on quick tosses inside

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

There's plenty of tape on Duke Williams to know his strengths, and weaknesses. Reliable hands are surely one of his strengths. But, it's pretty weird to say that he won't be able to catch a fast ball because he is tall.

Reliable hands is what the tape on Beasley said also.   It’s not him it’s the fast balls

We need a playmaker at the WR position, but people also underestimate how difficult it can be to find one. WR’s are notorious for being slow to adjust to the pro game, and many “sure things” never make it. The Ravens passing game is

mostly dependent on TE’s, and they have no receivers who strike fear into anyone. I’m all in favor of trying to improve our receiver corps, but I’d also invest in improving this disaster of an oline. These guys get pushed around on a weekly basis, and we’ll never be able to assess Allen or the running game until that is remedied . 

7 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Reliable hands is what the tape on Beasley said also.   It’s not him it’s the fast balls

Beasley also couldn't get separation today-- something he is also good at. Neither could Smoke, or Motor, or McK. The Ravens played tight, tight coverage today. That's why I kept thinking of Duke-- big, strong, and an ability to fight in tight coverage and come down with the ball. That is his wheelhouse. Ya hear me @GunnerBill!

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

A big WR is needed, though far from the biggest need.  Where has Duke Williams been?  Inactive?  If so, why?

It is,puzzling that Dimarco plays yes he is good,on ST but I see nothing of him as a lead blocker 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Xwnyer said:

It is,puzzling that Dimarco plays yes he is good,on ST but I see nothing of him as a lead blocker 

I think DiMarco is on the team for SpT, specifically.  He certainly doesn't bring much to the offense.