Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Thanks. I’ve got everyone telling me they know exactly what happened because I posted a screenshot when clearly I would have had to have watched the video in order to make that assessment and take the screen grab. You would think anyone disagreeing with this would actually go back and watch the video however they can find it before they make a counter argument.

Aren't there 2 players between Beasley and Endzone besides his own man?

Also the decision was made before Beasley got open. I don't really see it as a bad decision he thinks he has a window to get it to Brown and apparently did or he can wait longer lose that window and maybe the guy underneath gets open and has room to manage to get the 1st down.

• Thank you (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, SDS said:

Reposting. 

B4EB67B7-E1AA-41E9-98E4-8A9D0BE19CBD.jpeg

733F0E57-DDB0-48B5-8292-19BFF81A5946.jpeg

Its 4th-8.  The dude is 2 yards past the los with a defender 1 yard away.  The defender has already stopped his coverage due to watching Josh in progress of throwing elsewhere.  The defender was probably even closer.  Calling that a TD is pretty optimistic.  I doubt he would have even made the first down.  When he didn't you all be talking about how Josh made a horrible play on 4th down instead.  Josh went for the win.  I want that from him every single time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

BTW...another game where Allen overthrew his open target on numerous downfield throws.  This is a problem...a BIG problem. 

Agreed.  His down field accuracy is completely off the charts bad.  I don't even get it.  

Well, we can still laugh at Taint boy, just sayin, 

I followed the game on the app, seems like a lot of passes were dropped, is that the case?

Go Bills!!!

Josh didn't do enough today and cost us two maybe three FG attempts (as if made earlier two we go for one in last drive). That said costly drops on offense hurt him too. Yet I think our D is proving it's worth as Lamar and their O looked average today. It hurts but still like our playoff hopes and advancing past the first round too.

10 minutes ago, Success said:

So?

I mean, you could do that on any play, in any game.  When there is a huge pass rush and it's 4th down, it's generally a one read throw.

Yep honestly sometimes you just need your #1 receiver to beat man coverage and make a play. But Brown isn't a #1 receiver. Luckily I am positive Beane is going to get us one next year. I think we will sign AJ Green and draft a receiver high. Personally I would go after Austin Hooper too.  That will put us in business.

• Like (+1) 1

Bottom line is that Dabollocks showed up today, and Gameshow ate his lunch with pressures that had JA's head spinning.  No jet sweeps, not one, ineffective screens, no QB draws or anything else to slow down the pass rush.  49'ers showed you last week to attack this defense on the edges.  I can't remember how many times we saw 8-9 Ravens defenders on the LOS with no one in the middle of the field.  Can you say post?  Slant?  We got out coached today.  The defense gave the best offense in the NFL all it could handle, holding them to about 250 yards.  I don't think our OC is going anywhere next year, but our DC may get another shot at an HC job somewhere next year.

The other issue we had is that the WR corpse [sic] dropped way too many passes today.  Beasley, SmokeY, McKittrick, Motor, and Knox all dropped big catches where we needed someone to make a play.  Bottom line is we still don't have enough playmakers on offense.  Hopefully we can upgrade the WR's in the offseason.

Lastly, we need to bring Shane Lechler in for a look if he's still interested in playing.  We got Derek Anderson off the couch last year, let's see if Lechler can still punt.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We had a nice screen to Singletary just a few plays before our last play that went for a nice gain before a penalty killed it.  We really needed our best from everyone and we got our best from the defense.  Hauschka brought his A game.  I have to mention that because he's been iffy lately.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Heitz said:

OMG, even Schopp (or maybe Bulldog?) just said the Bills can play with anybody!  Anyone have the temperature in hell?  :beer:

Schopp says a lot of positive things, but people don't like him being critical. 

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

BTW...another game where Allen overthrew his open target on numerous downfield throws.  This is a problem...a BIG problem. 

Wonder how much the wind affected those three passes int he 1st half?  Gotta hit 'em regardless, but the wind was strange today (from what I hear on the radio)...  

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Aren't there 2 players between Beasley and Endzone besides his own man?

Also the decision was made before Beasley got open. I don't really see it as a bad decision he thinks he has a window to get it to Brown and apparently did or he can wait longer lose that window and maybe the guy underneath gets open and has room to manage to get the 1st down.

Based on the replay, Beasley could have gotten open but its hard to tell if the DB stopped due to the throwing motion or stopped for another reason. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Also the decision was made before Beasley got open. 

Yeah, Allen was locked in and going to Smoke regardless of Beasly.   

Actually, it wasn't a bad decision with 1-on-1 coverage and no safety help.   Just a great play by the DB...

(the third down play OTOH...ugh)

• Like (+1) 2