Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

Just now, KD in CA said:

That's quite a leap of faith to assume the lower one is a touchdown.  There were no safeties on the field?

you have to go back and watch. That was really the only guy on him and he got juked. 

Just now, Lurker said:

Yep, it's his biggest weakness.  He's just not recognizing things fast enough.   

While Jackson has uncanny vision, which is part of his MVP package...

It's something he can improve on.

Jackson didn't have near the pressure that Josh had.  When he did the Bills D was all over him and he did nothing.

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It sucks but we were playing one of the top offensive and defensive teams in the league. Maybe coming back down to Earth a little but still have a great shot at the playoffs this year.

Why go to the playoffs when the offense/Allen plays like this?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks, I’ve been trying to paste it in and iPad OS has been letting me down.

1) I can’t tell from that whether or not Brown could haul that in.  It appears to me that the DB’s wrist is over Brown’s r hand - two of Brown’s fingers are below the DB’s wrist

2) That TD circle is BS, sorry,  the receiver is on the 14 yd line with a defender 1 yd from him.  Josh made the right call to go for the pass on the goal line IMO

Might not even get the first down on the TD circle

1 minute ago, Mojo44 said:

Painful loss! Josh was terrible in the first half. Our receivers were terrible in the second half just when Josh was starting to get his game going. Defense was damn good. Just one blown play that, unfortunately, resulted in a touchdown.  Why no screen passes or draw plays to counter their rush?  

We still suck at screens 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills D played phenomenal against the Ravens...held them to under 260 yards. One of the best if not the best effort of the year against them. Forced 7 punts, most against them all year.

Just played putrid on offense...the OLine was getting obliterated. We can expect to see this 3 more games against the Steelers, Patriots and Jets all trying to do the same thing.

They better figure it out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

1) I can’t tell from that whether or not Brown could haul that in.  It appears to me that the DB’s wrist is over Brown’s r hand - two of Brown’s fingers are below the DB’s wrist

2) That TD circle is BS, sorry,  the receiver is on the 14 yd line with a defender 1 yd from him.  Josh made the right call to go for the pass on the goal line IMO

it is not BS. That defender is one yard away from him running in the wrong direction desperately trying to stop and change directions. 1/2 second later there’s a 5 yard separation.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They were going end zone the whole way.  It was an all in play.   

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

not crazy at all - the home/away splits prove that out!

I’d be pretty surprised it we lose the next two games as well.  I think we’ll handle the Steelers, then drop a close one in Foxboro.

I’m pretty ticked off at how we played today, but if we can pick up 2 more wins this year that would be incredible. If you told me at the start of the year we’d be 11-5, I’d have “Kool-aid man’d” it right through a brick wall in excitement. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, bills11 said:

This game was lost in the trenches first and foremost the pass protection was awful today but they weren't helped by the lack of execution against the blitz 

How does McDermott not know all season long Josh struggles with the blitz and man coverage. Does he talk to Daboll about adjustments,  no. JA simply cannot throw a deep ball accurately.  No touch, no trajectory,  no "drop it in the basket". I'm starting to believe he may never correct this very fixable flaw.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

you have to go back and watch. That was really the only guy on him and he got juked. 

I'm too sad to rewind.  They should have called TO on 3d down when they had to abandon the hurry up.  There was no reason to preserve TOs at that point.

• Thank you (+1) 1