Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

Too many mistakes against the best team in football. Saw a lot to be encouraged about on the defensive side of the ball. Didn't like the offensive game plan. Didn't attack the middle of the Ravens defense at all and we didn't see Allen loosen the defense up with running. (ankle maybe?)

How about a RB screen to slow that pressure down?

On to Pittsburgh. Feeling good about our team moving forward.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yes. Singletary was also very good today. 

The line, Allen and the WRs were not up to the task of taking on the ravens 

The good is that the plays were there.  Guys got open deep, guys were open short, and there were runs there.  The bad is that Allen missed the guys deep, guys dropped passes short, and while some runs popped others had guys (Ford) completely missing blocks and leaving guys unblocked on 3rd down.

I stated it a few times in the game thread and pregame. This team is close but it showed were championship pretenders at this exact moment. We could get there this year, but they need to stop playing timid on offense. 

The Ravens were being so damn aggressive that you need to adjust and throw some underneath stuff and try some misdirection. 

Just now, TheProcess said:

It’s crazy to say, but I like us better on the road. Just have to hope we can pick up one more W and get into the playoffs. 

not crazy at all - the home/away splits prove that out!

I’d be pretty surprised it we lose the next two games as well.  I think we’ll handle the Steelers, then drop a close one in Foxboro.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lurker said:

I don't agree with that.   The Ravens are a much more effective blitz-pressure team.   With a fantastic set of DBs.     

The Pittsburgh and Pats game will be very, very tough.   But if we get 50% better play out of the offense we can have a shot at those games... 

Oh, I think we have a shot, I’m just not nearly as confident in our O after today.

Offensive Line lost this game. No other way to see it. Blame Josh if you want but let's see anyone else do better with the duress he was under and the absolute beating he took.

All the drops didn't help either but go ahead and blame Josh.

Daboll had no creativity and constantly had the team in 3rd and long. What we have like 8 punts? Unacceptable.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Yep, the pressure got to Josh today.  He had a lot of tunnel vision today.

Yep, it's his biggest weakness.  He's just not recognizing things fast enough.   

While Jackson has uncanny vision, which is part of his MVP package...

Somebody posted in the gameday thread that they thought they saw Beasley get open on that last 4th down play.....Just DVRd it, and that was true. He would have easily gotten the 1st down (with a good throw from JA). Unfortunately, it looks like JA was going to Brown all the way, and stared him down from the git-go.

Just now, Do The Reich Thing said:

I stated it a few times in the game thread and pregame. This team is close but it showed were championship pretenders at this exact moment. We could get there this year, but they need to stop playing timid on offense. 

The Ravens were being so damn aggressive that you need to adjust and throw some underneath stuff and try some misdirection. 

This is young & talented team that's learning. They passed a big test on Thanksgiving Day, but missed out today (though I wouldn't say they failed the test today - more like a C).  

The Ravens are just a better team right now.  But, like you said, they could get there this year.  This is a team that no one wants to face in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

Painful loss! Josh was terrible in the first half. Our receivers were terrible in the second half just when Josh was starting to get his game going. Defense was damn good. Just one blown play that, unfortunately, resulted in a touchdown.  Why no screen passes or draw plays to counter their rush?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Reposting. 

B4EB67B7-E1AA-41E9-98E4-8A9D0BE19CBD.jpeg

733F0E57-DDB0-48B5-8292-19BFF81A5946.jpeg

Thanks, I’ve been trying to paste it in and iPad OS has been letting me down.

1) I can’t tell from that whether or not Brown could haul that in.  It appears to me that the DB’s wrist is over Brown’s r hand - two of Brown’s fingers are below the DB’s wrist

2) That TD circle is BS, sorry,  the receiver is on the 14 yd line with a defender 1 yd from him.  Josh made the right call to go for the pass on the goal line IMO

• Like (+1) 5