Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

Complete inability to handle the blitz nearly got Allen killed.  And once again...drops... of balls literally hitting receivers on their hands.   

We need a way to counter the blitz. And we need receivers that step up and catch the ball when he game is on the line.   

• Like (+1) 7

Well a step back game for Josh Allen.  O line struggled in protection.  Clearly evident we need more/better play makers around Allen. Super frustrating to watch.  All that said Allen connects on a few of those missed deep throws and it would have been a different game.  The broken coverage to start the second half was a killer much like the Eagles game.

4 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

We need that big wr so bad. Also please stop throwing to John Brown with the game on the line. It hasn’t worked since week 1

If it’s man to man throw to Cole Beasley. Open on that last play easy first down. 

Draft a real TE.... a real #1 WR....dump Gore and draft Jonathan Taylor.  Let Singletary be rb2....this offense and Daboll have struggled ALL YEAR!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsMafi$ said:

We got aided by a bunch of penalties. Game wasn’t that close 

I don't really get that take.  It was a very evenly played game, w/ the Ravens having a slight edge, and the score reflected that.

The officiating was one-sided in their favor for the 1st 3 or so quarters, and then in the Bills favor for the last. Evened out completely.

• Like (+1) 1

I was really hoping we'd get a home playoff game, now obviously we won't.  I will say tho: we play better on the road in a lot of ways.  Visiting a suddenly falling Houston squad would be a possible playoff win

Just now, MDH said:

Both the Steelers and Pats have better Ds than the Ravens. On the road for both of those games too.

I don't agree with that.   The Ravens are a much more effective blitz-pressure team.   With a fantastic set of DBs.     

The Pittsburgh and Pats game will be very, very tough.   But if we get 50% better play out of the offense we can have a shot at those games... 

• Like (+1) 2