Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

26 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Gore is becoming a liability on offense. If a defense has a strong front, Gore is rendered useless. He's not fast enough to get outside. 

Another Daboll gem playcall... half yard and goal... deep drop handoff to Gore for an "outside" run LMAO... -3 yards. wtf

Ravens fan here. (I know "X" fan here posts can get old). Gotta say that the Bills are the last team I want to see in the playoffs.

I have a lot of respect for the Patriots, Bills, and 49ers, among other great teams. As far as this year is concerned, the only teams that I have seen that can potentially dominate the Ravens at their best, it's the Bills and 49ers. Call me a sucker for something that resembles the 2000 Ravens. I am not so sure the Bills are the next superbowl winners this year, even though they obviously have the chance this year in the AFC outside of the Ravens.

But I am really excited about the Bills going forward, especially with Allen, Singletary, Beasley, and that defense. Might not be a super popular opinion here for me to say that you are the second best after the Patriots for one last time, (although I'd rather the Ravens play the Patriots than the Bills in the playoffs), but your team is the future of the AFC EAST guaranteed after this year. And I'm personally looking forward to that.

I was even more worried about this game than I was against the 49ers, even if others might not agree with me. But you have a lot to look forward to. Go bills!

Edited by asyranok
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Hope Tua falls 

Why so you can see what else breaks after he takes a beating like Allen did today?

It's painfully obvious what we need on offense and it's NOT a new QB.  In fact QB is the least of our offensive problems.  Just watch a couple of NFL games and see what real offensive play makers do.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I don’t blame Daboll for today.  Next to impossible to look good when your QB & OL are a disaster for most of the game. 

So Allen was dropping all those passes?  And it wasn't Allen who didn't throw the yellow flag on an obvious PI.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Why so you can see what else breaks after he takes a beating like Allen did today?

It's painfully obvious what we need on offense and it's NOT a new QB.  In fact QB is the least of our offensive problems.  Just watch a couple of NFL games and see what real offensive play makers do.

So Allen was dropping all those passes?  And it wasn't Allen who didn't throw the yellow flag on an obvious PI.

But he was the guy who took sack after sack putting us out of field-goal range when he had plenty of time to make a decision.

7 minutes ago, asyranok said:

Ravens fan here. (I know "X" fan here posts can get old). Gotta say that the Bills are the last team I want to see in the playoffs.

I have a lot of respect for the Patriots, Bills, and 49ers, among other great teams. As far as this year is concerned, the only teams that I have seen that can potentially dominate the Ravens at their best, it's the Bills and 49ers. Call me a sucker for something that resembles the 2000 Ravens. I am not so sure the Bills are the nest superbowl winners this year, even though they obviously have the chance this year in the AFC outside of the Ravens.

But I am really excited about the Bills going forward, especially with Allen, Singletary, Beasley, and that defense. Might not be a super popular opinion here for me to say that you are the second best after the Patriots for one last time, (although I'd rather the Ravens play the Patriots than the Bills in the playoffs), but your team is the future of the AFC EAST guaranteed after this year. And I'm personally looking forward to that.

I was even more worried about this game than I was against the 49ers, even if others might not agree with me. But you have a lot to look forward to. Go bills!

Good luck to you guys as well. I’m pretty impressed. You’ve put together a nice program, great schemes, playcalling and physical. You have some really nice players on all sides of the ball. 

It’s nice to see the reigns changing in the AFC

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Bills Oil Company said:

Way too much moral victory / we played well rhetoric by this fan base after the loss.   STOP! 

A loss is not acceptable.  Demand better.  Be better than that.  

Luckily, I don't think McBeane has the same mindset as half the fan base.  

lol. Where should I send my sternly written letter to?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

But he was the guy who took sack after sack putting us out of field-goal range when he had plenty of time to make a decision.

He didn't have plenty of time.  The Ravens had 6 sacks and only Allen's ability to extend the play prevented a couple of more.  Time after time Baltimore had immediate pressure on Allen. 

And as Fouts showed there wasn't a whole lot of separation by our receivers today. 

But I get that blaming Allen is easy because he definitely struggled in the first half and wasn't at his best.  But today our O-line got blown up and our receivers dropped way to many passes.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Show me 1 qb in the league who successfully takes deep shots vs the Blitz.  

Quick passes to home run RAC guys are a nice way to keep the safeties back.

This is so key every Bills fan should read it, learn it and live it!

Singleterry is almost this type of player but no one else on the Bill's O is.  Our lack of big play makers on offense is killing us.  Is it any surprise that in the face of all out blitzing ONLY Singleterry could make a play?

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

He didn't have plenty of time.  The Ravens had 6 sacks and only Allen's ability to extend the play prevented a couple of more.  Time after time Baltimore had immediate pressure on Allen. 

And as Fouts showed there wasn't a whole lot of separation by our receivers today. 

But I get that blaming Allen is easy because he definitely struggled in the first half and wasn't at his best.  But today our O-line got blown up and our receivers dropped way to many passes.

you may wanna go back and review a bunch of those sacks.

23 minutes ago, Bills Oil Company said:

I think any win in the NFL is a good win.   NFL isn't college.  The difference between a good NFL team and bad one is small.  

And I kinda get people being thankful the Bills are competitive against a good team.   The defense was, but the offense was terrible.  The Baltimore defense bullied the crap outta the Bills.   If you take away all the bonehead Baltimore penalties, its even worse.    If I use your "eye test", I saw the Bills offense get taken to the woodshed.   So, not sure where all the positivity is coming from - even from that perspective. 

Pretty negative post.   The offense was not very good true, but we did move the ball and we had four chances from the red zone to win or tie.  

Baltimore bullied us a bit but we ran on them.  Dropped passes and bad pass blocking hurt us as much as anything Baltimore did.  

Hopefully the Bills learned something today because they basically just played a playoff game and they have 3 more before the season  ends.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SDS said:

you may wanna go back and review a bunch of those sacks.

Why I watched the game.  What did you do?  Allen maybe had 2 sacks where he held on to the ball to long.  And I suspect NO ONE was open on those plays.  On the other 4 sacks Allen was under pressure almost as soon as he got the snap.  Then you have the 3 or 4 sacks that didn't happen because of Allen's athleticism. 

• Like (+1) 1

I take issue with the following:

Offensive Playcalling, deep touch passes were not going to work, shifting to the short stuff helped but we left plays on the field over the middle 10-15.

Allen failed to step up on edge pressure a few times, and rolled into it. Bad tendency that I hope goes away. Led to some negative plays, but also missed opportunity to get out of bad plays and complete a few over the middle and run a few up the middle.

Can you challenge PI on the final play or is it not allowed inside a.minute? If you can challenge, why not do it even if only a 1% chance? Can't use the timeout on Monday.

One fumble and one blown coverage with good pressure turned the game, and the defense played great.

Nice to have our own kicker back. Let's not hang out heads...that is a good team and now we need to find a way to get to 10-4 next week in what is a much bigger matchup than it felt like a month ago...

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Why I watched the game.  What did you do?  Allen maybe had 2 sacks where he held on to the ball to long.  And I suspect NO ONE was open on those plays.  On the other 4 sacks Allen was under pressure almost as soon as he got the snap.  Then you have the 3 or 4 sacks that didn't happen because of Allen's athleticism. 

lol. Ok champ. Sorry to hurt your feelings. There were multiple times he took sacks while in field goal range today. It was discussed on the broadcast. Sorry you missed them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Also... I am reading through this thread...

Trust me. Josh Allen is a future "Well Above Average" to "Elite" QB. I promise you (again as a Ravens fan) that I know a competent QB when I see one (aka they are on the other team) unless they are the 2012 Playoffs Flacco or 2019 Jackson. The best QB we had before them was Vinny Testaverde. Allen is an excellent QB. He has to want to be better; and the Bills need to continue building around him. If they do, he's a top 8 QB for sure. If they cater to him, he's more of a Steve Young type QB. It's up to coaching. The raw talent is clearly there. I know talent when I see it; considering that I know a complete black hole of talent when I don't see it at that position.

Edited by asyranok
  • Thank you (+1) 2