Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Yes and I think you miss the point. naturally there is a big 'bills fan vibe' that comes through in what your saying. Your comment about 'Pittsburgh not in buffalo's league no matter what'  is saying that buffalo are way better than the Steelers and will win. No guarantees after today's offensive performance. 

There are no guarantees but the Bills are the better team, quite objectively.  

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Jackson was unimpressive today against a good defense.  Erratic and clearly limited as a passer.  The long TD was a blown coverage by Buffalo.  Kudos to him for seeing it I guess, but a high school QB couldn’t have made that throw.  On the their last TD, it was a terrible pass and a spectacular catch.  He made some plays but he wasn’t hardly the model of a top QB today.  On other days he does not get so lucky.  I hope the Bills draw this team in the playoffs.  

So what is your take on Josh Allen then? If Lamar threw 3 TD's and Allen did nothing, how would you say he ranked? Lamar certainly was erratic today and was not impressive because Buffalo played solid if not fantastic defense against the pass. And we knew they were capable of that coming into this game. 

But to compare him to a high school quarterback is a bit subjective and perhaps emotional due to the loss, wouldn't you say?  There is no denying the kid is a winner. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, InheritedBillsfan said:

The Bills defense definitely got Lamar off his rhythm today and limited what he could do on the ground as well. Probably the least effective I have seen Lamar as of late. I wouldn't say that Lamar is a run-first quarterback. He does have 28 TD passes on the season and had 3 more today.  It would be like an untrained eye saying Josh isn't a pass first quarterback because he has half the rushing TD's as he does passing. 

Neither quarterback had their best game and it is probably due to the windy conditions, being young, as well as the defenses taking away the pass game.

I’ve watched enough football to know what Lamar is today. Sure he can develop, but right now Baltimore is taking the approach of maximizing  he strengths and not trying to make him into something he isn’t. Perfect OC. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bills Oil Company said:

Way too much moral victory / we played well rhetoric by this fan base after the loss.   STOP! 

A loss is not acceptable.  Demand better.  Be better than that.  

Luckily, I don't think McBeane has the same mindset as half the fan base.  

No.  The fact is that every NFL game is a %-based proposition, and you should be updating your priors after each game.  This game is one in which we faced an extremely good team.  The fact that we went toe to toe with them is a good indicator of our team's quality.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bills Oil Company said:

Way too much moral victory / we played well rhetoric by this fan base after the loss.   STOP! 

A loss is not acceptable.  Demand better.  Be better than that.  

Luckily, I don't think McBeane has the same mindset as half the fan base.  

Okay, I demand it ! There, did we win now ? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

No.  The fact is that every NFL game is a %-based proposition, and you should be updating your priors after each game.  This game is one in which we faced an extremely good team.  The fact that we went toe to toe with them is a good indicator of our team's quality.

I use actual data: W's and L's.    Everything else is subjective and noise. 

1 hour ago, london_bills said:

And so what I think you are saying is Daboll should be modifying the offense in light of Allen's inconsistencies? That the brown throw for the touchdown could of been a. Shorter throw call but more guaranteed? 

I lean toward it being an issue with the play design, but I'm not sure. I think there are also a lot of option routes in this offense.

18 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Jackson was unimpressive today against a good defense.  Erratic and clearly limited as a passer.  The long TD was a blown coverage by Buffalo.  Kudos to him for seeing it I guess, but a high school QB couldn’t have made that throw.  On the their last TD, it was a terrible pass and a spectacular catch.  He made some plays but he wasn’t hardly the model of a top QB today.  On other days he does not get so lucky.  I hope the Bills draw this team in the playoffs.  

Allen looked like the high school quarterback today for the most part. Brilliant last week. 

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah today he had 3 pass tds on a busted coverage and two flips inside the 5 color me unconvinced lmao

Dual threat, run first, whatever...he ain’t beating anybody with his arm alone. If he was there’s no need for Roman and the read option. 

I come on here and tell fans that it was a good game played, because I am a fan of both teams, and I get this type of condescending nonsense in return. Like I said, take a good hard look at his stats -and- his games this season if you want to make educated statements and opinions. But it really doesn't matter because he keeps winning regardless of anyones opinions. 

P.S. Keep in mind, I ALSO am a Bills fan, but see things as subjectively as I can. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, InheritedBillsfan said:

So what is your take on Josh Allen then? If Lamar threw 3 TD's and Allen did nothing, how would you say he ranked? Lamar certainly was erratic today and was not impressive because Buffalo played solid if not fantastic defense against the pass. And we knew they were capable of that coming into this game. 

But to compare him to a high school quarterback is a bit subjective and perhaps emotional due to the loss, wouldn't you say?  There is no denying the kid is a winner. 

Neither QB was particularly impressive today. (Allen did throw for one TD by the way). I have seen them both play better but these  are two very good defenses.  I said that.a high school QB could have made that throw because that is a fact.  The receiver was wide open, by 20 yards.  That was the difference in the game and it was a total blown coverage and not the result of Jackson’s skills or his being a winner.  It was a gift.  Such is the NFL.  

35 minutes ago, the skycap said:

He needs to be able to hit those deep passes. Eliminate teams from blitzing him

Show me 1 qb in the league who successfully takes deep shots vs the Blitz.  

Quick passes to home run RAC guys are a nice way to keep the safeties back.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GG said:

Yeah, Poyer got caught cheating. 

I thought it was just a great scheme.  They had two TE's in the same spot and forced him to pick his poison.   That's what good teams do and I tip my hat to the Ravens...

I think any win in the NFL is a good win.   NFL isn't college.  The difference between a good NFL team and bad one is small.  

And I kinda get people being thankful the Bills are competitive against a good team.   The defense was, but the offense was terrible.  The Baltimore defense bullied the crap outta the Bills.   If you take away all the bonehead Baltimore penalties, its even worse.    If I use your "eye test", I saw the Bills offense get taken to the woodshed.   So, not sure where all the positivity is coming from - even from that perspective. 

3 minutes ago, Bills Oil Company said:

I think any win in the NFL is a good win.   NFL isn't college.  The difference between a good NFL team and bad one is small.  

And I kinda get people being thankful the Bills are competitive against a good team.   The defense was, but the offense was terrible.  The Baltimore defense bullied the crap outta the Bills.   If you take away all the bonehead Baltimore penalties, its even worse.    If I use your "eye test", I saw the Bills offense get taken to the woodshed.   So, not sure where all the positivity is coming from - even from that perspective. 

I agree that the offense was bad today and needs to do better.