Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

25 minutes ago, Jaydee414 said:

Well, for one, Cole Beasley’s flop on that long pass just made Pro Soccer’s Top-Flop List for 2019. 

Buffalo ran that “NE PICK” play to perfection on the TD. Yes, it was an illegal pick. And hold. And, no, it is seldom/never called when run as smoothly as BUF did today. 

Enjoy the season with Lamar, this will be your best chance to win the SB.

I left the game less impressed with Jackson and more assured he is another runner who throws when he has too. He can’t read defenses. Lamar has the perfect OC, Roman made Tyrod look decent. Unfortunately the player will have to develop or defenses will shut him down like the Bills did for the most part today.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Today is the first time since the New England game Allen struck me as rattled.  

However, longer term, Anyone that might think the current stable of WRs is good enough to beat the best need to watch this game. 

He needs to be able to hit those deep passes. Eliminate teams from blitzing him

8 minutes ago, london_bills said:

If you have formed your own opinions then why are you threatened by what an opposing team fan thinks. 

It could be a 'he sucks' thing yes but there can be an interesting perspective if you get an honest fan of another team. It doesnt mean it changes ones opinion. Its just football talk. 

You can always tell if another team, fans are actually scared of your better players by what they say/don't

No I just meant id like to hear what a QB thinks aswell. Can it be in the perfect place if a defender makes a play on it is my point

You mss the point. I am certainly not threatened.   I do not need my own observations validated by fans of the other team.  I simply do not care what they think.  Nor do I need to be validated by the national media or any other Bills fans, thank you very much.  I watch this team every week.  I know what I see.  Why would I care if other fans are scared of our players?  

The last  pass was a good pass.  The Ravens defender made a great play.  They have a very good defense. If these teams played 10 times it would be surprising if it was not 5 and 5. That is how closely matched these teams are. On to Pittsburgh, which by the way, is not in Buffalos’ league no matter what any Pittsburgh fan might think.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Beasley drop... Brown drop, were killers.  We played like an upper-tier team, though, so not all is lost.  In fact, change a couple variables and we beat the current best team in football.  This season is not over lady and gentlemen.  

Go Bills!!

Combined with an Allen ankle injury which in all likelihood altered the Daboll game plan.

I'm hoping for a rematch in the playoffs...

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Enjoy the season with Lamar, this will be your best chance to win the SB.

I left the game less impressed with Jackson and more assured he is another runner who throws when he has too. He can’t read defenses. Lamar has the perfect OC, Roman made Tyrod look decent. Unfortunately the player will have to develop or defenses will shut him down like the Bills did for the most part today.

The Bills defense definitely got Lamar off his rhythm today and limited what he could do on the ground as well. Probably the least effective I have seen Lamar as of late. I wouldn't say that Lamar is a run-first quarterback. He does have 28 TD passes on the season and had 3 more today.  It would be like an untrained eye saying Josh isn't a pass first quarterback because he has half the rushing TD's as he does passing. 

Neither quarterback had their best game and it is probably due to the windy conditions, being young, as well as the defenses taking away the pass game.

1 minute ago, InheritedBillsfan said:

The Bills defense definitely got Lamar off his rhythm today and limited what he could do on the ground as well. Probably the least effective I have seen Lamar as of late. I wouldn't say that Lamar is a run-first quarterback. He does have 28 TD passes on the season and had 3 more today.  It would be like an untrained eye saying Josh isn't a pass first quarterback because he has half the rushing TD's as he does passing. 

Neither quarterback had their best game and it is probably due to the windy conditions, being young, as well as the defenses taking away the pass game.

Jackson has more rush attempts than some RBs. He is absolutely a run first QB, that’s the whole point of running read option.

2 minutes ago, InheritedBillsfan said:The Bills defense definitely got Lamar off his rhythm today and limited what he could do on the ground as well. Probably the least effective I have seen Lamar as of late. I wouldn't say that Lamar is a run-first quarterback. He does have 28 TD passes on the season and had 3 more today.  It would be like an untrained eye saying Josh isn't a pass first quarterback because he has half the rushing TD's as he does passing. 

Jackson was unimpressive today against a good defense.  Erratic and clearly limited as a passer.  The long TD was a blown coverage by Buffalo.  Kudos to him for seeing it I guess, but a high school QB couldn’t have made that throw.  On the their last TD, it was a terrible pass and a spectacular catch.  He made some plays but he wasn’t hardly the model of a top QB today.  On other days he does not get so lucky.  I hope the Bills draw this team in the playoffs.  

4 minutes ago, FLFan said:

You mss the point. I am certainly not threatened.   I do not need my own observations validated by fans of the other team.  I simply do not care what they think.  Nor do I need to be validated by the national media or any other Bills fans, thank you very much.  I watch this team every week.  I know what I see.  Why would I care if other fans are scared of our players?  

The last  pass was a good pass.  The Ravens defender made a great play.  They have a very good defense. If these teams played 10 times it would be surprising if it was not 5 and 5. That is how closely matched these teams are. On to Pittsburgh, which by the way, is not in Buffalos’ league no matter what any Pittsburgh fan might think.  

Yes and I think you miss the point. naturally there is a big 'bills fan vibe' that comes through in what your saying. Your comment about 'Pittsburgh not in buffalo's league no matter what'  is saying that buffalo are way better than the Steelers and will win. No guarantees after today's offensive performance. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Jackson has more rush attempts than some RBs. He is absolutely a run first QB, that’s the whole point of running read option.

He's really not, but ok. Take it from someone who has seen every snap of this kids NFL career so far, or the few games you've seen. Lamar is not a run first quarterback, but he is dual threat. He does what he needs to make a play and takes what the defense gives him, such as his 3 TD passes today and 0 rushing TD's. 

Take a look at his season stats and it should be an objective opinion: https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3916387/lamar-jackson

He will have over 400 passing attempts on the season and in excess of 30 passing TD's. 

Bottom line, the kid wins and is a multi-talent and despite anyone thinking he is a running back in a quarterbacks position, he can win through the air or on the ground when necessary. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, InheritedBillsfan said:

He's really not, but ok. Take it from someone who has seen every snap of this kids NFL career so far, or the few games you've seen. Lamar is not a run first quarterback, but he is dual threat. He does what he needs to make a play and takes what the defense gives him, such as his 3 TD passes today and 0 rushing TD's. 

Take a look at his season stats and it should be an objective opinion: https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3916387/lamar-jackson

He will have over 400 passing attempts on the season and in excess of 30 passing TD's. 

Bottom line, the kid wins and is a multi-talent and despite anyone thinking he is a running back in a quarterbacks position, he can win through the air or on the ground when necessary. 

agreed. Anyone with two eyes would agree.

the thing that amazes me about Lamar is his accuracy (more so than his running). I actually think over time and as he gets older, he will be almost a pure pocket passer. He doesn’t need to run.

Just now, InheritedBillsfan said:

Yeah today he had 3 pass tds on a busted coverage and two flips inside the 5 color me unconvinced lmao

Dual threat, run first, whatever...he ain’t beating anybody with his arm alone. If he was there’s no need for Roman and the read option. 

• Like (+1) 1