Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

Just now, finn said:

The O-line played better than people are saying here. If a team blitzes it's on the quarterback to get the ball out quickly, and Allen often didn't. When he did, he overthrew his receivers or they dropped the ball (Singletary, Beasley, Knox). The Ravens came up with a good defense against Allen: Blitz hard, make him think fast and hit him hard every chance you get. It's easy to fault Daboll, but he did ok. I like how he put Singletary at receiver, and he tried to take what they were giving him. But where were the screens against the blitz? And why not more intermediate routes for the tight ends?

This is totally correct.

4 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I thought that was right on the money, I heard others say it should of been a yard or so in front of brown. I suppose that makes sense as the defender couldn't get there if it was. It looked perfect to me but id love to know how accurate that was from a former QB. 

Um, are you saying im a former QB?

6 minutes ago, Jaydee414 said:

Well, for one, Cole Beasley’s flop on that long pass just made Pro Soccer’s Top-Flop List for 2019. 

Buffalo ran that “NE PICK” play to perfection on the TD. Yes, it was an illegal pick. And hold. And, no, it is seldom/never called when run as smoothly as BUF did today. 

Within a yard of LOS is legal tf...football much

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Hi Ravens fan, not to be too provocative but it would be interesting to get your opinion of josh Allen today? 

I could not care less what a Ravens fan has say about Josh Allen.  Why would I?  

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I will be curious what the ravens say about our defense. They have been unstoppable for most of the season and were mostly held in check today. 

Andrews going out early took a lot of their offenes away.    Especially two TE plays...

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I will be curious what the ravens say about our defense. They have been unstoppable for most of the season and were mostly held in check today. 

I am more curious as to what they say about our offence actually. We know the D is good. 

11 minutes ago, Jaydee414 said:

Well, for one, Cole Beasley’s flop on that long pass just made Pro Soccer’s Top-Flop List for 2019. 

Buffalo ran that “NE PICK” play to perfection on the TD. Yes, it was an illegal pick. And hold. And, no, it is seldom/never called when run as smoothly as BUF did today. 

It wasn't called because its legal within one yard which I would have to see a replay but I think it was within one yard.  I think I agree with the Beasley one.  That did look like a pretty good acting job.

11 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Wasn't there a fumble overturned because refs thought Earl Thomas roughed after the play?

No because we recovered it.

8 minutes ago, finn said:

The O-line played better than people are saying here. If a team blitzes it's on the quarterback to get the ball out quickly, and Allen often didn't. When he did, he overthrew his receivers or they dropped the ball (Singletary, Beasley, Knox). The Ravens came up with a good defense against Allen: Blitz hard, make him think fast and hit him hard every chance you get. It's easy to fault Daboll, but he did ok. I like how he put Singletary at receiver, and he tried to take what they were giving him. But where were the screens against the blitz? And why not more intermediate routes for the tight ends?

Not a bad loss, all things considered. They never quit, the defense showed that it's elite. We're still a tackle and WR away on offense, and Allen needs to keep developing. Amazing he's come along this far already. Been a fun season. 

Go KC!

No.  The line allowed jail breaks.  QB had zero time.  Pats just had ran one of their blitzes on KC.  KC line held. In order to get the ball out fast there has to be someone to get the ball out fast to.

Edited by Scott7975

8 minutes ago, FLFan said:

No, it would be Ravens fan opinion.  I saw the game and can form my own opinions.  

If you have formed your own opinions then why are you threatened by what an opposing team fan thinks. 

It could be a 'he sucks' thing yes but there can be an interesting perspective if you get an honest fan of another team. It doesnt mean it changes ones opinion. Its just football talk. 

You can always tell if another team, fans are actually scared of your better players by what they say/don't say though! 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Wasnt sure lol, it read it as that though. As a not ever QB it was Friggin perfect !!! :beer: 

No I just meant id like to hear what a QB thinks aswell. Can it be in the perfect place if a defender makes a play on it is my point

Edited by london_bills

*Warning - Ravens fan post*

Hey all, hope things aren't too raw right now. I said before that I hope both of our teams brought their A game, and after watching, I feel that only our defenses did just that. Think everyone was left wanting more from our respective offenses.

Hoping the injuries that we saw on both sides are nothing too serious. After how close this game was, I am definitely not looking forward to a potential rematch in the playoffs. Would much prefer facing almost any other team in the AFC, which I think is a massive testament to the physicality of your team this year. If the Ravens aren't the ones going to the Superbowl, I'll be right there with you rooting for the Bills.

Best of luck with the rest of your season, and thanks again for all of the great analysis over the past week.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 6

15 minutes ago, finn said:

If a team blitzes it's on the quarterback to get the ball out quickly, and Allen often didn't.

I mean this is over simplifying things quite a bit. If it was that easy to beat a blitz then teams wouldn't blitz. The QB has to make a quick decision AND someone has to pick up the extra rusher AND someone has to get open quickly. It also helps if the play calling accounts for the blitz. Considering Baltimore blitzes more than anyone else in the league we shouldn't have been surprised. It's hard to move the ball when the pocket is always a mess.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

If you have formed your own opinions then why are you threatened by what an opposing team fan thinks. 

It could be a 'he sucks' thing yes but there can be an interesting perspective if you get an honest fan of another team. It doesnt mean it changes ones opinion. Its just football talk. 

You can always tell if another team, fans are actually scared of your better players by what they say/don't say though! 

No I just meant id like to hear what a QB thinks aswell. Can it be in the perfect place if a defender makes a play on it is my point

Definitely, the Defense makes big plays too. He could of been a little more ahead but hindsight is 20/20.

Ravens (1st) -and- Bills (2nd) fan here. 

Gotta say this was a nail biter pretty much from start to finish. Very physical game on both sides of the ball, reminded me of the early 2000 games between the Ravens and Steelers. 

I was very impressed with the fortitude the Bills showed today, and as I expected, they came out and hit the Ravens back in the mouth, sometimes more-so than the Ravens were able to do. I have seen several Bills games this season but feel as though the Bills have started putting things together more over the last few games, and this game in particular will only make this team fight harder down the road to the playoffs. They disrupted the Ravens run game like I have not seen yet this season, limited Lamar Jackson's effectiveness on the ground better than any team thus far, and essentially got the Ravens off their game plan. While I felt as though the Ravens were getting too cute early in the game and in the 2nd quarter with some of their offensive play calling, the Bills defense is for real and should have success against their remaining opponents this season.

Offensively Josh Allen faced one of his toughest opponents this season, and the offensive line certainly did not do him any favors. While the Ravens mixed up their blitz packages, I feel as though the offensive line could have done more to limit how many times he got hit. It's obvious Josh is a playmaker and the current and future of the Bills organization. He does have room to grow as does Lamar the Ravens defense got in his head and forced him into mistakes. He does sometimes hold onto the ball too long, but I give him credit for hanging in the pocket and trying to make something out of nothing. 

Overall, this game could have went either way. Both teams making stupid, sometimes questionable penalties, and both offenses were off their game. 

Hoping the Bills run the table on their remaining schedule and curb stomp the Steelers and Patriots the next few weeks. 

Best of luck the remaining season and would love to see these two teams meet again in the post season...only in Baltimore.

Cheers. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1