Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

7 minutes ago, RavensFan said:

Hell of a game by your defense, and a nice comeback. Hopefully Allen’s ankle was just a minor tweak.

if the Chiefs can keep it together today, your Bills are definitely capable of taking the division and grabbing a bye.

Hi Ravens fan, not to be too provocative but it would be interesting to get your opinion of josh Allen today? 

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Not sure if you comprehended what I posted. Was just saying I like Allen trying to throw those 50/50 balls. Really was not focusing on Brown's play as it was as I said a "50/50" against a really good DB.

I probably made that sound wrong.  I'm with you.  I like the throw.  Seems like about the best play he had on that down.  I was trying to say on just the last play there's lots of hindsight as to what would have been a perfect play or throw but like you said I like the throw.   Really there are a number of plays over the course of the whole game that put us where we were and in that case Peters made a play. 

36 minutes ago, 12+83=6 said:

And you making excuses for bad QB play?  Yikes!

You'll get a response when you read, comprehend, and then can draft a proper response that pertains to original post. Until then, im not having a conversation with someone who is just looking for posts to fill their narrative rather than what was actually said. You must be FUN to watch games with....

14 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What bad or missed calls went our way? This argument only works if there were equally egregious errors on both sides.

Well, for one, Cole Beasley’s flop on that long pass just made Pro Soccer’s Top-Flop List for 2019. 

Buffalo ran that “NE PICK” play to perfection on the TD. Yes, it was an illegal pick. And hold. And, no, it is seldom/never called when run as smoothly as BUF did today. 

Edited by Jaydee414
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RavensFan said:

Hell of a game by your defense, and a nice comeback. Hopefully Allen’s ankle was just a minor tweak.

if the Chiefs can keep it together today, your Bills are definitely capable of taking the division and grabbing a bye.

Thanks for talking football with us this week.  Its nice to have non trolling fans come to our board.  Good game today.  Hope your TE is ok although I was glad he couldn't finish the game today.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Josh was right on the money on that last throw to brown but their corner made a great play, would have been a touchdown.

I thought that was right on the money, I heard others say it should of been a yard or so in front of brown. I suppose that makes sense as the defender couldn't get there if it was. It looked perfect to me but id love to know how accurate that was from a former QB. 

Edited by london_bills

1 minute ago, Jaydee414 said:

Well, for one, Cole Beasley’s flop on that long pass just made Pro Soccer’s Top-Flop List for 2019. 

he over acted but their guy definitely interfered with Beasley, i thought they might not call it for uncatchable ball. Refs missed a bunch of others interference calls on us earlier.

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

I thought that was right on the money, I heard others say it should of been a yard or so in front of brown. I suppose that makes sense as the defender couldn't get there if it was. It looked perfect to me but id love to know how accurate that was from a former QB. 

I mean it's completely nitpicking (I've done it myself) and even with a perfect throw who's to say Peter's couldn't get there.  Peters is really good and he was playing slant all the way.  Allens pass was pretty good.  It was one play. 

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

Hi Ravens fan, not to be too provocative but it would be interesting to get your opinion of josh Allen today? 

Except for the long balls on 3rd and short early in the game, I thought he made good decisions. It’s hard to judge his accuracy due to weather and the pressure he was under, but with time he’s got all the tools to be dangerous. He’s also a moose.

i think the Bills and Ravens May have gotten the best of that QB class.

• Like (+1) 1

The O-line played better than people are saying here. If a team blitzes it's on the quarterback to get the ball out quickly, and Allen often didn't. When he did, he overthrew his receivers or they dropped the ball (Singletary, Beasley, Knox). The Ravens came up with a good defense against Allen: Blitz hard, make him think fast and hit him hard every chance you get. It's easy to fault Daboll, but he did ok. I like how he put Singletary at receiver, and he tried to take what they were giving him. But where were the screens against the blitz? And why not more intermediate routes for the tight ends?

Not a bad loss, all things considered. They never quit, the defense showed that it's elite. We're still a tackle and WR away on offense, and Allen needs to keep developing. Amazing he's come along this far already. Been a fun season. 

Go KC!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jaydee414 said:

Buffalo ran that “NE PICK” play to perfection on the TD. Yes, it was an illegal pick. And hold. And, no, it is seldom/never called when run as smoothly as BUF did today. 

Beasley sold the foul but it was definite PI. Humphreys tripped him. 

And the pick was inside a yard. Hence legal. 

• Thank you (+1) 1