Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

Just now, whatdrought said:

Just for perspective. The bills went toe to toe with the AFC#1 seed, the week after they beat the NFC#1 seed, who today beat the NFC#2 seed by scoring 1 zillion points. 

We may not be Super Bowl favorites, but we’re going to the playoffs, and we’re not going to be an easy out once we get there. Also, we’re winning the next 3. Take it to the bank.

My dude!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What bad or missed calls went our way? This argument only works if there were equally egregious errors on both sides.

The only questionable one was the Earl Thomas unnecessary roughness, but he deserved it cause he’s a dick. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WideNine said:

The truth is usually in the middle, there were some plays Daboll called that just had little chance of working. That happens, but what I struggle with is when he goes back to the well time and time again when he needs to except that what he drew up on the whiteboard blew up on the field.

He also called some really good plays. Early in the second half we were facing a 3rd and less than 5 and he called a great run play to the right and our Guard - yes, #70 Ford, looked outside where there was no one to block, spun in a complete circle, and let the defender that was actually sitting in his inside gap run right by him and destroy the play from behind. A bit early to call him a bust, but he has no right to be on the field right now, and I do not care where he was drafted.

I think Ford was pretty brutal this game no matter where they had him, but I will wait for some deeper analysis by better men than I before I say for certain.

There are teams where we can play tough D and grind and then there are teams where you need to be perfect and Baltimore, NE, and probably KC are on the have to be perfect list.  If we are just saving that perfect game for the playoffs as long as they pull it out then I'm fine with that.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

The whole if "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts ..........."  Allen could have put it a little more in front of him.  Maybe Brown could have fought more.  Also let's face it, Peters is no slouch.  He's shut down much better recievers than Brown and I'm not knocking Brown when I say that.  Really the penalty a couple plays before turned the heat up on that last drive.  We played a tough team right down to the wire.  No shame in that.

None at all. 

I agree with you on that last pass as well. If Allen hung that ball about 2-3 feet more out in front of Brown that could have been a TD. Happy to see this team taking high level competition to the wire. Something we have not seen in such a long time. The future is very bright.

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

The whole if "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts ..........."  Allen could have put it a little more in front of him.  Maybe Brown could have fought more.  Also let's face it, Peters is no slouch.  He's shut down much better recievers than Brown and I'm not knocking Brown when I say that.  Really the penalty a couple plays before turned the heat up on that last drive.  We played a tough team right down to the wire.  No shame in that.

Not sure if you comprehended what I posted. Was just saying I like Allen trying to throw those 50/50 balls. Really was not focusing on Brown's play as it was as I said a "50/50" against a really good DB.

12 minutes ago, Jaydee414 said:

Gentlemen:  I hope any questions/doubts anyone had about the quality of the Bills is silenced. The BUF D did more than others vs LJ.  It is interesting to read all the comments from you guys re the BUF play calling. Our Ravens board was going ballistic with the Ravens calls, also. We saw more garbage/gimmick stuff today than we’ve seen all year from the Ravens. Much of that, I think, was because of the success BUF was having in slowing down LJ. 

We all agree that the BUF OL ought to donate today’s paycheck to Josh Allen’ masseuse and accupuncturist. I said on Sat that I was less than impressed with Ford on the OL. That was Re-enforced today. 

Other random thoughts:
Singletary is a nice back..maybe not a bell-cow, but good. 

Edmunds should be a Pro-Bowl LB for quite a while. Just needs consistency. 
Micah Hyde likes to hit people. 
Ed Oliver has Beast potential. 
Beasley is a PITA for opposing D’s. 

Overall, BUF should be proud of what you have in the Bills. Young & talented. Hope for many more years of BUF-BAL showdowns. 

Now let’s go root on KC. 

Nice take except the bills board here have quite a few gentlewomen too just sayin’ lol  in any case thanks for posting ?

• Like (+1) 1