Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

Tough game for the O. Good learning experience. This team struggles with blitz pressure.  Saw it in all the losses. Expect to see that the rest of the way. 

next Sunday night is going to be epic!!!  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

The part about Beasley always open

the part about John brown not winning one one one in the last two minutes against Cleveland or the Ravens

The part about needing a big wr 

just waiting on your insightful responses 

First off, you don't know beasley always open,  second, you mention Brown, if Allen possibley throw a catch able ball instead of over throwing receivers maybe we could win so let's not blame it on anyone person.

Gentlemen:  I hope any questions/doubts anyone had about the quality of the Bills is silenced. The BUF D did more than others vs LJ.  It is interesting to read all the comments from you guys re the BUF play calling. Our Ravens board was going ballistic with the Ravens calls, also. We saw more garbage/gimmick stuff today than we’ve seen all year from the Ravens. Much of that, I think, was because of the success BUF was having in slowing down LJ. 

We all agree that the BUF OL ought to donate today’s paycheck to Josh Allen’ masseuse and accupuncturist. I said on Sat that I was less than impressed with Ford on the OL. That was Re-enforced today. 

Other random thoughts:
Singletary is a nice back..maybe not a bell-cow, but good. 

Edmunds should be a Pro-Bowl LB for quite a while. Just needs consistency. 
Micah Hyde likes to hit people. 
Ed Oliver has Beast potential. 
Beasley is a PITA for opposing D’s. 

Overall, BUF should be proud of what you have in the Bills. Young & talented. Hope for many more years of BUF-BAL showdowns. 

Now let’s go root on KC. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Our offense killed Denver and the Cowboys who had very good defenses prior.  Baltimore doesn't let up a lot of scores.  Yes, as a Bills fan I hope we do better.  I don't know how this one game concerns you greatly after the last month that we have had.  The Pats only put up 20.  SF only put up 17.  LA 6.  Hou 7.  I mean we have done as well as anybody since the changes Baltimore has made.

If you expected to win the SB this year then be concerned.  I thought we would barely compete this year so they have already blown away my expectations.

12+83=6 is an absolute jag off, don't pay him no mind.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

They knew that Allen can’t complete the long ball so the just kept blitzing.  The receivers are open but he has not been able to hit them all year.  They should be concerned at OBD

That isn't why they just kept blitzing.  They just kept blitzing because that's what they do on defense.  They are almost 50% blitzing on passing downs this season.  Its not just today.

PS... long balls aren't the answer to the blitz duh.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Your assessment of the game is all your agenda rambling only about a QB. It's a silly crusade in all honesty.

If you can't understand how poorly the O-line played which directly affected Allen's play what is there to say? There were also some crucial dropped passes and penalties at the worst possible times. 

Yada, yada, yada -> Allen missed some deep or long throws. It happens to every QB in the league.  This was a team loss on O whom tried to climb back to late.

There certainly seems to be a crusade of some posters who just seemingly pop up when the bills lose. It’s kind of funny , and annoying. They are  no where to be found or have nothing to contribute anything of substance when we win or where we need to improve. 

Most of us have no problem criticizing our qb, when he’s not playing well.First half he sucked, I had no problem second half with Josh.  But some posters fail to acknowledge  the sum of all parts, yes he needs to make more plays, throws. But when our guys drop balls, oline gets blown up, theirs roles play just as important part to the success or failure each and every down. 

To hate on our Josh over and over is just kinda lazy. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am not complaining. I'd have loved to have seen them win, but they are not quite there yet. They are close.

However, anytime Josh Allen has a poor game (to me his first quarter was terrible, Daboll did him no favors, and the dropsies of the receivers were painful to watch) he learns from it.  Here's hoping he gets better after this game, too. 

And, I agree with you, first Q Josh and 4th Q Josh were not the same guy. 

I’m both disappointed and encouraged. Strange combo, but that sums it up. 

Just WIN next week! I love our leadership and trust they will be ready. ?

3 minutes ago, Jaydee414 said:

Gentlemen:  I hope any questions/doubts anyone had about the quality of the Bills is silenced. The BUF D did more than others vs LJ.  It is interesting to read all the comments from you guys re the BUF play calling. Our Ravens board was going ballistic with the Ravens calls, also. We saw more garbage/gimmick stuff today than we’ve seen all year from the Ravens. Much of that, I think, was because of the success BUF was having in slowing down LJ. 

We all agree that the BUF OL ought to donate today’s paycheck to Josh Allen’ masseuse and accupuncturist. I said on Sat that I was less than impressed with Ford on the OL. That was Re-enforced today. 

Other random thoughts:
Singletary is a nice back..maybe not a bell-cow, but good. 

Edmunds should be a Pro-Bowl LB for quite a while. Just needs consistency. 
Micah Hyde likes to hit people. 
Ed Oliver has Beast potential. 
Beasley is a PITA for opposing D’s. 

Overall, BUF should be proud of what you have in the Bills. Young & talented. Hope for many more years of BUF-BAL showdowns. 

Now let’s go root on KC. 

Nice take. You’re more positive on what the bills did today then a lot of bills “fans”.

You guys played well and are gonna be a handful in the playoffs. That being said, watch out if we see you again cause our QB ain’t giving you another! ;)

good game man. Rooting for you to take that #1 seed and run with it!

• Like (+1) 1

The defense played really well except on that long TD. The offense was awful in the first half and a little better in the second. Allen did not have a good game but his receivers sure didn't give him much help. Several drops that shouldn't happen as well as several throws that were just bad. Flags, flags, flags... Seemed like there were flags on pretty much every play. I hate games like that.

We've now lost to the Patriots and the Ravens, two of the best teams this season, in games where we had the ball and could have scored for a win or a draw. That's not that bad. It's not good enough, but this season sure is a step in the right direction. Hopefully Josh keeps improving and start making those longer throws. 

It really sucks that had they just played okay in the first they could have won this and silenced all the Ravens hype.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Some may fault Allen for that last throw, but those are the throws I want to see more of from him; throws to covered receivers where he gives them the chance to make a play on the ball. Allen has really worked hard to protect the ball, but I think it has translated to overthrown balls and an aversion to throwing those 50/50 balls.

I think he will gradually get more comfortable making those throws and we need to get him another weapon that can win more of those too.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

O-line failed the team today....

Offseason has to be all about the O. 

RT

Eric Moulds type WR

Starting to think another stud TE paired with Knox.

WE can play with anyone with our current D. Shaq Lawson is a must re-sign BTW

This team desperately need a solid #2 RB.... I agree RT #1 priority.

I like Geronimo Allison 6’3” 210 with some stretch the field ability on a cheap deal. Focus the draft on OL and defense.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, WideNine said:

Some may fault Allen for that last throw, but those are the throws I want to see more of from him; throws to covered receivers where he gives them the chance to make a play on the ball. Allen has really worked hard to protect the ball, but I think it has translated to overthrown balls and an aversion to throwing those 50/50 balls.

I think he will gradually get more comfortable making those throws and we need to get him another weapon that can win more of those too.

The whole if "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts ..........."  Allen could have put it a little more in front of him.  Maybe Brown could have fought more.  Also let's face it, Peters is no slouch.  He's shut down much better recievers than Brown and I'm not knocking Brown when I say that.  Really the penalty a couple plays before turned the heat up on that last drive.  We played a tough team right down to the wire.  No shame in that.

27 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

This... we had 10 days to prepare a gameplan. Ravens #1 blitzing team, and their weakness has been over 5 yards per carry on runs to the outside. 

So what is Dabolls script? 5 step drop backs, and slow hand off on almost like a delay. Maybe its just me but a lot of our handoffs looked very slow developing.

We only had a couple runs to the outside.... 1 of which Singletary busted for 30-40 yards.

Hey how about we have the ball on the half yard line to goal... so we do a DEEP hand off to Gore? to try to run outside? this is so wrong on so many levels.... If its to singletary, I can understand a bit... or if its a quick hitter off center with Gore I am fine with it.... but also maybe just sneak?

This is exactly why I don't understand Daboll.  Teams that have an obvious bad weakness, he almost never exploits them.  Why no jet sweeps this week?  Why was Singletary not used more on the type of runs that he busted for gains?  Its like we find something that works and he treats it like a trick play that only works once a game.

Just for perspective. The bills went toe to toe with the AFC#1 seed, the week after they beat the NFC#1 seed, who today beat the NFC#2 seed by scoring 1 zillion points. 

We may not be Super Bowl favorites, but we’re going to the playoffs, and we’re not going to be an easy out once we get there. Also, we’re winning the next 3. Take it to the bank.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1