Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Well I was at the stadium. Good try though. Another formerly banned poster I am sure.

Banned for what?  Telling the truth?  If folks are banned for making an honest assessment of the game, then I fell sorry for you.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The offensive line got abused today.

Josh still keeps overthrowing the deep ball, and the one time he doesn't Cole drops it.

Singletary was great, should have used him a little more.

Knox is a Beast when he's not dropping the ball.

Many Lawson has been great this year.

Not enough targets for Brown and Beasley, not enough over the middle in general, which is our bread and butter.

Should have been some designed runs for Allen.

We still need more talent on this team, which means next year is our year , so we are ahead of schedule and we are going to the playoffs, so i will take it !! On to Pittsburgh and 3 more wins. Go chiefs!

40 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

The good is that the plays were there.  Guys got open deep, guys were open short, and there were runs there.  The bad is that Allen missed the guys deep, guys dropped passes short, and while some runs popped others had guys (Ford) completely missing blocks and leaving guys unblocked on 3rd down.

Agree. When you play elite teams you need elite execution 

2 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

The part about Beasley always open

the part about John brown not winning one one one in the last two minutes against Cleveland or the Ravens

The part about needing a big wr 

just waiting on your insightful responses 

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The offensive line got abused today.

Josh still keeps overthrowing the deep ball, and the one time he doesn't Cole drops it.

Singletary was great, should have used him a little more.

Knox is a Beast when he's not dropping the ball.

Many Lawson has been great this year.

Not enough targets for Brown and Beasley, not enough over the middle in general, which is our bread and butter.

Should have been some designed runs for Allen.

We still need more talent on this team, which means next year is our year , so we are ahead of schedule and we are going to the playoffs, so i will take it !! On to Pittsburgh and 3 more wins. Go chiefs!

I lol'd at Many Lawson.  How old would that guy be now :).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Really hurts to shut down the best offense in the league and sputter the opportunity away

Shut down? Hardly. 

The offense clearly got run over by a mean and nasty defense.  

Overall I think the Bills gave it a good game, they had a bad first half and still they had a chance to take the game in the end but came up short.  

This game highlighted the need for a better LT (move Dawkins to RT) and a true stud WR.  

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Obviously you want to win the game, but the Bills demonstrated today that they belong in the title conversation, taking what for my money is the best team in the league all the way down to the wire.

The fact that this game feels like a letdown is evidence of this.  At no time in the last 20+ years would there have been any hope, much less an expectation, that today’s game was winnable.

The Bills are no longer the weak sister.  Get used to double digit win seasons, playoff appearances, and challenging for the division and first round byes every season for the next decade.

This. 

All week its “Ravens are the top team in the league, we don’t stand a chance against the ravens, no way we beat them, Lamar is the mvp, we’re not ready.” 

Then, we overcome ourselves, the refs, and the Ravens to come down to one play, and it’s “we’re such garbage. I can’t believe we lost. What a terrible game.”

people are #######s, by and large. 

We we just gave the Ravens the only competition in the AFC they’ve faced since week 2. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 12+83=6 said:

Banned for what?  Telling the truth?  If folks are banned for making an honest assessment of the game, then I fell sorry for you.

Your assessment of the game is all your agenda rambling only about a QB. It's a silly crusade in all honesty.

If you can't understand how poorly the O-line played which directly affected Allen's play what is there to say? There were also some crucial dropped passes and penalties at the worst possible times. 

Yada, yada, yada -> Allen missed some deep or long throws. It happens to every QB in the league.  This was a team loss on O whom tried to climb back to late.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I mean people keep running at Daboll with the pitchforks but here we are talking about missed TD's on deep passes and drops on short passes.  2 plays before the fouth down we had a screen that picked up something like 17 yards called back for a penalty.  I'm not sure Daboll is the one shooting the offense in the foot.

The truth is usually in the middle, there were some plays Daboll called that just had little chance of working. That happens, but what I struggle with is when he goes back to the well time and time again when he needs to except that what he drew up on the whiteboard blew up on the field.

He also called some really good plays. Early in the second half we were facing a 3rd and less than 5 and he called a great run play to the right and our Guard - yes, #70 Ford, looked outside where there was no one to block, spun in a complete circle, and let the defender that was actually sitting in his inside gap run right by him and destroy the play from behind. A bit early to call him a bust, but he has no right to be on the field right now, and I do not care where he was drafted.

I think Ford was pretty brutal this game no matter where they had him, but I will wait for some deeper analysis by better men than I before I say for certain.

Edited by WideNine

11 minutes ago, 12+83=6 said:

I don't care about the Ravens offense.  I care about our offense, and it concerns me greatly.

Our offense killed Denver and the Cowboys who had very good defenses prior.  Baltimore doesn't let up a lot of scores.  Yes, as a Bills fan I hope we do better.  I don't know how this one game concerns you greatly after the last month that we have had.  The Pats only put up 20.  SF only put up 17.  LA 6.  Hou 7.  I mean we have done as well as anybody since the changes Baltimore has made.

If you expected to win the SB this year then be concerned.  I thought we would barely compete this year so they have already blown away my expectations.

Edited by Scott7975

35 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

This is a lose-lose situation in regards to fan 20/20 hindsight.

If he throws short of the sticks and Beasley doesn't make it, fans will freak out that he didn't throw to the sticks.

If he misses the throw to the sticks, fans will freak out that he missed the underneath guy.

The real criticism here is that Brown's route should've been squared off at the sticks to create separation and get the 1st down, not the touchdown.

And so what I think you are saying is Daboll should be modifying the offense in light of Allen's inconsistencies? That the brown throw for the touchdown could of been a. Shorter throw call but more guaranteed? 

Bully teams like the Ravens made me want Trent Williams.  I hope we can build the toughness on O with the talent in FA and the next draft.

Good learning game for the youngsters, the Ravens played at a playoff level on defense.  Both teams did.

Offense has to find answers for this pressure because it's on film now.

Defense continues to impress, not  happy about that blown coverage TD, but they really did a nice job otherwise.