Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

Just now, Bigantall said:

You are dillusional

Ironically he has a huge point. That last 4th down play to Brown is what Duke scored on in Tennessee. You dont think Duke can box out Peters there? How about how Duke has shown he has strong hands?

its not a knock on Brown, I love Brown

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I thought he badly missed 2 deep throws to Foster and Foster. The opening drive miss to Brown was not a bad throw at all. Brown was looking the wrong way for the ball, there was some kind of miscommunication on that route. He also threw a dime on a deep ball to Knox in tight coverage and missed Singletary by a fingertip on a deep wheel route. Deep accuracy was really not the problem in this game. Bigger problem was the Ravens had constant pressure and I think Allen got rattled. He took some bad sacks but it's always hard to tell in real time if there was anywhere to go with the ball.

I don't think you were watching the game.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

And I almost forgot the dime he threw to Beasley on the run, that Beasley just flat out dropped. Too many plays left on the field across the board and Daboll called an awful game IMO. I couldnt tell you what the game plan was today and we had no answer for the constant blitzes.

Some key execution drops hurt bad.  O-line pass pro execution hurt bad.  Some of Daboll's play calling hurt bad. 

Allen showed some moxy once again in the 4th QTR when down 15 and had us to the wire of a OT game. 

There is a lot to be encouraged with going forward. 

We should be proud of our Bills. People try to pop blame on Allen honestly don't understand the game...

Obviously you want to win the game, but the Bills demonstrated today that they belong in the title conversation, taking what for my money is the best team in the league all the way down to the wire.

The fact that this game feels like a letdown is evidence of this.  At no time in the last 20+ years would there have been any hope, much less an expectation, that today’s game was winnable.

The Bills are no longer the weak sister.  Get used to double digit win seasons, playoff appearances, and challenging for the division and first round byes every season for the next decade.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I have an honest ?

After the super bowl against the Giants they established a new rule about a player getting hurt player can't come back in and or stalling a play player also needs to exit for 1 play so the def can get a rest

3x players from the Ravens did just that looked injured than came pack the next play to give the ref rest

Why did not the safety have to leave after the penalty

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

This is a lose-lose situation in regards to fan 20/20 hindsight.

If he throws short of the sticks and Beasley doesn't make it, fans will freak out that he didn't throw to the sticks.

If he misses the throw to the sticks, fans will freak out that he missed the underneath guy.

The real criticism here is that Brown's route should've been squared off at the sticks to create separation and get the 1st down, not the touchdown.

I don’t disagree.  There was enough time on the clock to get the first down and regroup.  

Their DL and linebackers destroyed our OL, that was the jist of it 

It would help if our pass catchers could catch non perfect throws every now and then..... (Knox twice, Beasley, Singletary) all had drops that could have been drive saving plays if not bigger 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Very true, but did we not expect days like this to the best teams in the league?  With 9 new starters and a young QB a stinker like this against the hottest team in the league is disappointing but not surprising. The did it to the Pats and the 49ers.

I still love our direction (as I know most do). First quarter Josh and fourth quarter Josh were not the same guy. It was a big stage against a great team for a young QB. Same with the early Pats* game. Atrocious, then he settled down. Next time won’t be the first time. START like 4th quarter Josh. 

Go Bills! Get the next one for 10 (TEN) wins! 

I am not complaining. I'd have loved to have seen them win, but they are not quite there yet. They are close.

However, anytime Josh Allen has a poor game (to me his first quarter was terrible, Daboll did him no favors, and the dropsies of the receivers were painful to watch) he learns from it.  Here's hoping he gets better after this game, too. 

And, I agree with you, first Q Josh and 4th Q Josh were not the same guy. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Outside of one blown play the ravens offense played just as bad.  Why should they go to the playoffs?  Just stop.

I don't care about the Ravens offense.  I care about our offense, and it concerns me greatly.

1 minute ago, Bigantall said:

Read your post and you'll figure it out

The part about Beasley always open

the part about John brown not winning one one one in the last two minutes against Cleveland or the Ravens

The part about needing a big wr 

just waiting on your insightful responses 

3 minutes ago, HOF4LOU said:

There were several situations where it was 4 down territory but we passed on each one of them on 3rd down. Should have run on 3rd to make it 4th and short. No design runs today for josh or McKenzie. He didnt have time to pass so they should have used his legs more esp on those 3rd down plays. 

There was and it was stuffed for a loss.  Ravens D front 7 outplayed the entire Bills team.

It happens and work needs to be done in the future to counter it.

7 minutes ago, stryker5673 said:

Need more offense. We have tons of picks and cap space. We're in good shape. 

Yes...the Bills will get better. They hung in there with a heavy weight today, and could have conceivably beat them with some better execution.

• Like (+1) 1