Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Bottom line is that Dabollocks showed up today, and Gameshow ate his lunch with pressures that had JA's head spinning.  No jet sweeps, not one, ineffective screens, no QB draws or anything else to slow down the pass rush.  49'ers showed you last week to attack this defense on the edges.  I can't remember how many times we saw 8-9 Ravens defenders on the LOS with no one in the middle of the field.  Can you say post?  Slant?  We got out coached today.  The defense gave the best offense in the NFL all it could handle, holding them to about 250 yards.  I don't think our OC is going anywhere next year, but our DC may get another shot at an HC job somewhere next year.

The other issue we had is that the WR corpse [sic] dropped way too many passes today.  Beasley, SmokeY, McKittrick, Motor, and Knox all dropped big catches where we needed someone to make a play.  Bottom line is we still don't have enough playmakers on offense.  Hopefully we can upgrade the WR's in the offseason.

Lastly, we need to bring Shane Lechler if for a look if he's still interested in playing.  We got Derek Anderson off the couch last year, let's see if Lechler can still punt.

Right all day wondering was the slants, crossing routes or screens today...

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t blame Daboll for today.  Next to impossible to look good when your QB & OL are a disaster for most of the game. 

They knew that Allen can’t complete the long ball so the just kept blitzing.  The receivers are open but he has not been able to hit them all year.  They should be concerned at OBD

• Like (+1) 1

I was really disappointed with the offense today but...

Damn, Pats, Seattle, Houston and Rams all got smoked by this team.

This D is legit and give the Bills a chance to win any week.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

IMO we should have thrown the challenge flag on the last Bills play. I thought Brown was interfered with, what is there to lose?

It wouldn’t have done any good but you’re right, they had nothing to lose and should have thrown it.

I get that some folks cant handle their feelings and it makes them feel better to moan and complain and play the blame game. Here's the thing - the 2019 version of the Buffalo Bills is not a championship team. I get people wanna win and win now, and maybe thats why they are ready to jump off a building - but it just was never going to be this year. Now,  that said the 2019 Buffalo Bills are a building block and hopfully the beginning of a stack of good seasons. Its apparent the D has arrived before the O, BUT this team did what SSOO many other teams couldnt handle this year and thats stick with the Ravens. Good teams are good teams because they win. They score points and shut people down. Thats how the Ravens have gotten where they are. They are an excellent team that the Bills fought hard and hung with. Play calling was a bit suspect again this week, and I dont care who your QB is - with Oline play like that, you're going to have a tough day. And maybe the line doesnt suck, they just played a GOOD team and weren't as good. I doubt Brady in his hayday would have had an answer for dudes in his face in less than 2 seconds. Hopefully a piece of a #1 WR who will make a play for his qb is added next year. The catch from Knox is the 1st catch all year I remember going out and legit making a play for his qb. We have wwaaayyy more drops than wr stealing one for his qb. 

So I implore you, before you run down your list of how the QB isnt the guy, how bad the Oline is and how so and so sucks - remember this was the cream of the crop and they stuck with them. Get the hurt out and then realize that there is positive here and shows growth.  Its a team thats coming into their own and finding their way. Its only their FOURTH loss ALL YEAR!! Take a deep breath and realize good things are ahead and this was a good measuring stick rather than the end of the world. After all, we didnt loose 42-3 and were a hard out at that.

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Need help on OL , I would have put Bates in as a blocking TE

OL and a pass rusher are the two biggest things that puts us over the top. How people keep talking about drafting or signing WRs and RBs is beyond me.

Winning in the trenches on offense and getting to the QB on defense would put us over the top (we still could beat anyone now even but that would be huge).

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The defense solved a complicated offense.

The offense couldn’t solve a pretty good, blitz-heavy defense.  Not the best look for Daboll and the o-line coach - protection was a complete mess today.  They should be ashamed about the lack of preparation for a key game.

What we saw was what we should have known if we were paying attention. The offense still isn’t there and won’t be until similar assets are applied to that side of the ball. They brought in a bunch of lineman that were on the street for a reason, so while an improvement they aren’t ready for prime time yet. Josh is still developing. Behind a porous line he didn’t stand a chance so he made old mistakes we don’t like. For all the lambasting Prima Donna WRs get they make those insane catches we are in desperate need of. Josh throws bullets and his touch is a little off so having the best hands in the business might be a good idea. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Agreed.  His down field accuracy is completely off the charts bad.  I don't even get it.  

I thought he badly missed 2 deep throws to Foster and Foster. The opening drive miss to Brown was not a bad throw at all. Brown was looking the wrong way for the ball, there was some kind of miscommunication on that route. He also threw a dime on a deep ball to Knox in tight coverage and missed Singletary by a fingertip on a deep wheel route. Deep accuracy was really not the problem in this game. Bigger problem was the Ravens had constant pressure and I think Allen got rattled. He took some bad sacks but it's always hard to tell in real time if there was anywhere to go with the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

I feel numb I think it’s fair to say the better team won  the game but the bills played them extremely tough and it’s on to Pittsburgh I’m not going to cry about it but it was a tough game tough loss

• Like (+1) 2