Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

Reposting. 

B4EB67B7-E1AA-41E9-98E4-8A9D0BE19CBD.jpeg

733F0E57-DDB0-48B5-8292-19BFF81A5946.jpeg

Here's my issue with these types of screen caps... you're saying he didn't see the guy underneath. But he's clearly set and aboutto throw.   To make a better judgment on what he saw/or missed.  What did that guy look like a second or two prior to the screen capture??  And did he have an ange to see him with everyone up front.  

Finally.. I'm not so sure the Raven defender knocked the ball away. I think it went right by him.l and his arm swipe distracted Brown.  The throw was right on the money. Brown just needs to fight through the defender and catch it.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks, I’ve been trying to paste it in and iPad OS has been letting me down.

1) I can’t tell from that whether or not Brown could haul that in.  It appears to me that the DB’s wrist is over Brown’s r hand - two of Brown’s fingers are below the DB’s wrist

2) That TD circle is BS, sorry,  the receiver is on the 14 yd line with a defender 1 yd from him.  Josh made the right call to go for the pass on the goal line IMO

I don’t know about I being a TD but the job of the QB is to read leverage. The DB has his hips going in the wrong direction, that would be a 1st down at the very least if he puts it on him in stride.

Okay, so the predictable, unimaginative, moronic responses of: need a new QB, Daboll must go, our idiotic coaching, need entirely new o-line, etc., etc. 

BUT! Still 9-4 and only need one more win to secure a playoff stop. If you ask any of us if we’d be 9-4 at week 14, we would take it and run. 

On to Pittsburgh! GO BILLS! ??

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SDS said:

it is not BS. That defender is one yard away from him running in the wrong direction desperately trying to stop and change directions. 1/2 second later there’s a 5 yard separation.

OK, let’s put it this way.  Josh hits him and he gets tackled short, and you get to put a circle around Brown down by the end zone and say “TD” and second - guess Josh for “checking down”.

There is plenty to criticize in Josh’s game today as well as other aspects, but I don’t think you can chalk that one up as a sure TD

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

1) I can’t tell from that whether or not Brown could haul that in.  It appears to me that the DB’s wrist is over Brown’s r hand - two of Brown’s fingers are below the DB’s wrist

2) That TD circle is BS, sorry,  the receiver is on the 14 yd line with a defender 1 yd from him.  Josh made the right call to go for the pass on the goal line IMO

Agree, give your best play maker a chance for the TD.

Good throw, better D...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Same thing happened at the end of the game against the Browns. Beasley was wide open and he stared down and threw to a covered Brown instead.

Looks like Beazley was in position to at least get a 1st down. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Correct. Also 4th down and 8, your read is for the end zone against that defense. Just came down to winning your battle and Peters beat Brown. That ball is never going anywhere else.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Well that sucked but I’m not distressed. At least they didn’t demolish us like they did Pats, Texans, Rams etc 

I thought it was looking that way. Great th iij n about this team is I just trust that they're going to find a way to score. Doesn't always work out, but they instill confidence in the fans that past teams did not.

It all starts with Allen. He had a rough game today, never really settled down, but he's a gamer.

They should be able to beat the Steelers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, bills11 said:

This game was lost in the trenches first and foremost the pass protection was awful today but they weren't helped by the lack of execution against the blitz 

With all the blitzing, how can the coaching staff explain the lack of targets to the TEs on hot routes? Are they that bad? What purpose does Tyler Kroft serve?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dan said:

Here's my issue with these types of screen caps... you're saying he didn't see the guy underneath. But he's clearly set and aboutto throw.   To make a better judgment on what he saw/or missed.  What did that guy look like a second or two prior to the screen capture??  And did he have an ange to see him with everyone up front.  

Finally.. I'm not so sure the Raven defender knocked the ball away. I think it went right by him.l and his arm swipe distracted Brown.  The throw was right on the money. Brown just needs to fight through the defender and catch it.  

1.  That’s what I was trying to show. The defender missed the ball completely. It hit Brown right in the hand.

2.  I half a second earlier Cole was moving left to right and he stopped, cut and went the other direction and dropped that guys jockstrap onto the field

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

it is not BS. That defender is one yard away from him running in the wrong direction desperately trying to stop and change directions. 1/2 second later there’s a 5 yard separation.

Yep. I've rewinded it many times and Beasley easily was running away from him right after that screenshot.

And there wasn't another Ravens DB on that side of the field either. The one that started there followed McKenzie to the middle of the field. Easy TD if he throws to Cole.

Edited by suorangefan4

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, let’s put it this way.  Josh hits him and he gets tackled short, and you get to put a circle around Brown down by the end zone and say “TD” and second - guess Josh for “checking down”.

There is plenty to criticize in Josh’s game today as well as other aspects, but I don’t think you can chalk that one up as a sure TD

The problem with your scenario is that there was no one there to tackle him short. It’s sort of key to your argument.