Wk 14 Postgame Thread Bills lose to Ravens 24-17

Just now, Elite Poster said:

Squandered opportunity. Allen has to be better if you want to beat the best teams in the league. 

Lamar did not explode but he did just enough. That was the difference. 

D made the Ravens punt time and time again. I didn’t do anything with those opportunities. 

Ravens scores three times when they got the ball aeound the 50 yard line or better. Offense not moving the ball and the turnover killed them today.

That was the difference.

This season still has work to do. The playoffs aren't a certainty. We have 2 very difficult games back to back now against defense that are capable of making Josh look like he did today. The last thing we need is to have to win that game against the Jets. Losing this game ***** sucks. The defense gave them a chance. You are in the redzone with the ball at home and 6 mins left and you run yourself out of ***** time without going anywhere. Clueless offensively all day. Inexcusable. Good luck on the road in prime time against Pittsburgh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's too bad - I believe 100% that we had a legit shot at the division w/ a win today.  It will have to wait for another year now.

Still, I'm very proud of how they played against what is arguable the league's best team.  The D was stellar, and the offense almost pulled off yet another 4th quarter comeback. No quit in this team, and they do tend to play their best when it matters most.

I'm sure Allen will take his fair share of criticism, but I loved how he played overall.  He overcame his early adrenaline misfires & didn't get any help from the line or WR's all game.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This season still has work to do. The playoffs aren't a certainty. We have 2 very difficult games back to back now against defense that are capable of making Josh look like he did today. The last thing we need is to have to win that game against the Jets. Losing this game ***** sucks. The defense gave them a chance. You are in the redzone with the ball at home and 6 mins left and you run yourself out of ***** time without going anywhere. Clueless offensively all day. Inexcusable. Good luck on the road in prime time against Pittsburgh.

Let me know how duck dodgers moves the ball on our defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Great defensive game plan and execution.    Haus money appears to be back on the beam.

But a poor, poor game plan and bad execution by the offense pisses it all away.    Its clear they don't have the playmakers to keep other teams on their heals.   We knew that going in, but it still hurts...

• Like (+1) 1

10 days to prepare and I hated our game plan and execution on offense.

We had no answer for all the blitzing the Ravens threw at us. Josh held the ball too long and took horrible sacks. The receivers did him no favors. Just an absolute mess on offense.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Crazy effort, but we didn't play smart and that's why we lost.

Better punting and pass protection and we are one game away from being the number one seed.

Allen wasn't good, pass blocking was trash, wrs and tes were bad.

I honestly think we aren't built to be a great cold weather team.  We are too small

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

10 days to prepare and I hated our game plan and execution on offense.

We had no answer for all the blitzing the Ravens threw at us. Josh held the ball too long and took horrible sacks. The receivers did him no favors. Just an absolute mess on offense.

This.  Inexcusable lack of preparation by the offensive coaching staff.  McD ought to be furious.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The defense solved a complicated offense.

The offense couldn’t solve a pretty good, blitz-heavy defense.  Not the best look for Daboll and the o-line coach - protection was a complete mess today.  They should be ashamed about the lack of preparation for a key game.

This is an excellent point Baltimore has a great defense and they made our o-line, wr's, qb, etc.... look adequate at best. If Daboll, Allen and the rest can clean this up then they should be set to take anyone on.

• Like (+1) 3