What a disgusting Offensive effort

On 12/8/2019 at 4:22 PM, Virgil said:

Drives didn’t end because guys were covered. Drives ended because of drops or Allen missing open receivers downfield.  

If Allen is even 50% accurate on deep throws, we have an additional 14 points in this game 

Agreed.   He left easy touchdowns on the field when players were wide open for toss and catch.   He missed throws that people here made routinely when ten years old playing backyard football.   Seriously.

I still like him as my quarterback, but you can't excuse suckitude of that level.   In the NFL if you don't make those plays you lose.   Dude sucked donkey balls.

And when he finally started making some throws, Murphy's law decided it was the best time to have the receivers play a game of hot potato.   When they needed to, it seemed nobody on that offense could make a play.   Even when the opportunities were right there to make a play, they came up lame.

Looking forward to a big bounce back this Sunday at 3 rivers.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No hot reads, no contingency plan.  No TE's in short routes. No wrs in short routes? Sorry Virgil but Daboll is the problem. 

If you look at just the commercial game film, there are TEs and WR in short routes who are open, even, early in the 1st.

Josh was passing over them for the high DoD long throws early on.  This isn't just me.  He said as much in his presser.

12 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Whenever there is a loss, lots of things factor into it.  The defense did everything expected of it, and more so it's tough to point a finger at them.  I thought Daboll's dial up of deep passes early was odd, given Josh Allen's nerves combined with the wind.  He also called more inside runs than I expected, with the results I did expect (little gain).  Josh did not handle the blitz very well, and Baltimore did a ton of it-about 2/3 of the time.  There were also a number of key drops.  I think had Buffalo been able to get a few of those plays right, they may have won, but I'll give credit to the Baltimore defense.  We expected them to be good, and they were. 

It gives Buffalo things to work on.  You can bet Pittsburgh's defense will be aggressive next Sunday.  Given Josh Allen's continued improvement since the begi9nning of the season, I expect that he's going to get better at handling a blitz,  Whether it comes soon enough to cope with Pittsburgh and New England over the next two weeks remains to be seen.

I don't know how you expect Josh to handle the blitz.  Once he settled down and started taking the hot read dump offs, it worked OK.  They were doing some stuff we didn't have a counter for, like forcing Josh to roll out opposite Smoke's side of the field.  We may need to game up some tricks for that.  The drops sucked.

The deep passes are where IMO sometimes Daboll falls in love with the correct abstract X's and O's solution rather than the Jimmies and Joes solution.

They were absolutely the correct, textbook solution to the X's and O's.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes, some QB's don't have the freedom to change protection because coaches don't trust them. Allen has that freedom. That doesn't change the fact the center can't see what the QB sees because his head is down.

Allen has spoken about making the protection calls. He has that responsibility. 

The Center's head isn't down (necessarily) until just before he makes the snap.  On teams where the OL calls protections, the center looks until then.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes, some QB's don't have the freedom to change protection because coaches don't trust them. Allen has that freedom. That doesn't change the fact the center can't see what the QB sees because his head is down.

Allen has spoken about making the protection calls. He has that responsibility. 

Morse's head is up when Allen is making the protection calls.  I'm not sure what you're getting at with this comment.

It was bad but if there is any kind of silver lining they brought it back with in 7 points with 7 minutes to play . The only thing we can hope for is that Josh took this A** whooping & will take something more than Advil from playing it ! ?

What stood out in the loss to the AFC-leading Ravens was how the Bills didn’t look out of place in a game not decided until Josh Allen’s pass to John Brown on fourth down was broken up at the goal line with 63 seconds left.

While the offense had difficulty handling the blitz-happy Ravens, Buffalo’s defense drew praise for limiting the dynamic Lamar Jackson-led attack to a season-low 257 yards and forcing seven punts from a team that had punted just 24 times in its first 12 games.

https://wben.radio.com/articles/ap-news/buffalo-bills-gain-respect-despite-loss-to-ravens

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/8/2019 at 3:28 PM, BeastMaster said:

The line was manhandled today.

Allen missed throws.

Receivers dropped catches.

Playcalling was not very good.

Just not good enough to beat a quality team

This ^^^ 

On 12/8/2019 at 3:51 PM, Bangarang said:

We have no idea what he was calling out though. He could have been setting the wrong protections, changing the routes or making dummy calls. We’ll never know. Simply shouting things at the line doesn’t prove he’s doing the right thing

This take is about as bad as it gets. You have no idea but you’re trying to play off your BS take as fact. The only thing you got tight is we don’t know. He just as easily could have been calling out the right protection, improving the routs etc... Horrible...

19 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

This take is about as bad as it gets. You have no idea but you’re trying to play off your BS take as fact. The only thing you got tight is we don’t know. He just as easily could have been calling out the right protection, improving the routs etc... Horrible...

What exactly am I trying to play off as fact?

We don’t know what changes, if any, he was making at the line. He could have made right changes, could have been wrong changes, or maybe he wasn’t making any changes at all but just wanted to see how the defense would react. I’m just not going to assume he was doing the right thing just as I’m not assuming it was wrong.

The only thing we know is that whatever they were doing wasn’t working very much.

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

What exactly am I trying to play off as fact?

We don’t know what changes, if any, he was making at the line. He could have made right changes, could have been wrong changes, or maybe he wasn’t making any changes at all but just wanted to see how the defense would react. I’m just not going to assume he was doing the right thing just as I’m not assuming it was wrong.

The only thing we know is that whatever they were doing wasn’t working very much.

But you are trying to play it off as it was all Allen's fault. It may have been, or maybe Daboll doesn’t have this offense prepared to handle this all out blitz. I think it’s the latter or he is too stubborn to change when things aren’t working  until late in a game...

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

But you are trying to play it off as it was all Allen's fault. It may have been, or maybe Daboll doesn’t have this offense prepared to handle this all out blitz. I think it’s the latter or he is too stubborn to change when things aren’t working  until late in a game...

How am I trying to play it off as if it was all his fault? Im literally saying that we don’t know if any checks he made at the line were right or wrong.