What a disgusting Offensive effort

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Indeed. But that means there are opportunities for the offense to make plays because there are open receivers. That is why sometimes you want the center and the QB to be able to identify that and find the spot where we have an open guy. If your adjustment is just for the OC to call max protect every play you have lost the battle and the defense has won. 

No that means ball comes out quick and needs to be out quick or its a sack. And we are running 15 to 20 yard routes  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TJC25 said:

No that means ball comes out quick and needs to be out quick or its a sack. And we are running 15 to 20 yard routes  

I agree and some of that has to be designed but some of that can't come from the box. It has to come from the guys on the field diagnosing the defense and adjusting on the fly. 

35 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Around here, Daboll bashing is code for "Allen had another bad game."

He was HORRIBLE today.

So was the entire offense bud.  I get you have an agenda but the entire O played poorly save for a drive or two.  Dropped passes, bad passes, bad play calling...it was a total O failure...not just your whipping boy.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I agree and some of that has to be designed but some of that can't come from the box. It has to come from the guys on the field diagnosing the defense and adjusting on the fly. 

Think of this if me you and everyone sees that why doesnt daboll why is beasly running go routes down the sideline 

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

So was the entire offense bud.  I get you have an agenda but the entire O played poorly save for a drive or two.  Dropped passes, bad passes, bad play calling...it was a total O failure...not just your whipping boy.

Dude is a crusader. Ignore him. He is HORRIBLE every day.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TJC25 said:

Think of this if me you and everyone sees that why doesnt daboll why is beasly running go routes down the sideline 

I have to believe there is a role for Duke Williams in this WR group.   They can't all be smurfs...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

And I agree. Daboll didn't make enough scheme adjustments. But it still comes down to the QB and center diagnosing and finding the open guy. The playcaller has less chance of knowing who is going to blitz at the point he calls the play than the QB and center have once they have seen the defense lineup. There is blame on all fronts on offense today. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

And I agree. Daboll didn't make enough scheme adjustments. But it still comes down to the QB and center diagnosing and finding the open guy. The playcaller has less chance of knowing who is going to blitz at the point he calls the play than the QB and center have once they have seen the defense lineup. There is blame on all fronts on offense today. 

If your the o.c and you know they blitz 7 are you gonna call a empty set? Especially when your running 15 to 20 yard pass plays 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

If your the o.c and you know they blitz 7 are you gonna call a empty set? Especially when your running 15 to 20 yard pass plays 

Sometimes yes I am - because that means I am going to have uncovered guys. I want to take advantage of it. Now you want some shorter routes, for sure.... but there were some called. I don't just want to keep extra guys in every play because that limits my ability to move the ball and gives the D what they want. You have to play cat and mouse. Daboll had to do a better job, no doubt, but the guys on the field had to too. Dealing with the blitz is always on the center and QB as well as the playcaller.